RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst
12090234

HOT! HOT! HOT!

Customer Question

I can reall y use some help; will also provide a bonus after completion. Here are the written requirements: Select a specific organization of interest to you and identify a problem at the firm related to organizational behavior (OB). Think of yourself as an organizational consultant and assume that a key manager has requested a thorough analysis and recommended course of action to resolve an actual organizational problem that will make a difference to the future performance of the organization. Identify which of our TCOs or specific topics in the syllabus are related to the problem you identify. Research Sources All papers must have a minimum of six scholarly sources cited within the text of the paper and identified in the references section. Additional research sources can be attached in a bibliography. Paper Format All papers should be single sided, double-spaced, using a 10- or 11-point font. Length of the paper to be between 12 and 15 pages, not counting cover page and appendices. The first page should include the title of the work, student name, address, telephone and e-mail address, course number, date, and instructor name. Follow APA style for general format and citations. Paper sections must adhere to the guidelines below and each section must be labeled in the text. Language should be clear, concise, and precise. Tone should be professional, consistent, and not filled with jargon. Grammar and syntax (sentence structure) must be correct. Report must be free of misspellings and typos. Tables and Figures All figures and tables must be referred to in your text before they appear on the page. Figures and tables should appear on the same page as or the page after the text that refers to them. All figures and tables need captions. Captions go below figures and above tables. Quotations and Citations Quotations and citations are crucial components of a research paper. Failure to properly cite research sources and borrowed ideas is plagiarism. Refer to APA style guide for assistance with properly citing quoted and/or borrowed materials and ideas. The OUTLINE and the required format: I. Introduction A. Identify the organization 1. Brief overview of the organization 2. Identify your role within organization 3. Identify issues, events, and actions that contributed to problem being discussed II. Identify the problem you will discuss in your paper A. Define the problem. 1. What is its nature? B. To whom is it a problem? C. To what extent is it a problem? 1. Is it part of a larger problem or are there related problems? D. Show it is not a symptom of another, more fundamental problem. III. Literature Review – the foundation of your paper A. Identification of sources and uses of information 1. Which scholarly sources are you using to support your claim of the problem and how? 2. Which scholarly sources support your analysis and how? B. Reintroduce your research question at the end of this section to provide a smooth transition to the analysis section. IV. Analysis of Problem A. Causes of problem a) Direct cause (1) Description of cause b) Direct cause (1) Description of cause B. Leadership and Organizational Behavior concepts present in problem a) Leadership and Organizational Behavior Concept b) Leadership and Organizational Behavior Concept c) Leadership and Organizational Behavior concept V. Possible Solutions A. Alternative #1 1. Steps and actions to take B. Alternative #2 1. Steps and actions to take C. Alternative #3 1. Steps and actions to take   VI. References A. List scholarly resources (6 required in literature review) used in the literature review and elsewhere. 1. Be sure you meet the scholarly source requirement by sourcing your materials through the DeVry library system or another library system. 2. Web sources are NOT acceptable. B. List of additional outside resources (these are the non scholarly – supplemental sources you used …websites, magazines, newspapers, books etc) You must respond to each item in the outline – one or two sentences for each is sufficient. You may use the bullet list in this outline and replace the directions with your statements for each item.
Category: Homework
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, yes I can start researching for this one also draft by sunday pm.

thanks,

toneemarie

Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Omg! I really missed u;-)
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

lol, Thanks Teddy, ditto. I am at work now should post drafts of these this weekend or sooner. Enjoy your weekend!

tonee

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tonee, for the record I am not worried. If u panic I will have to come and spank u or place u in time out! Again, I am not worried. Lol!
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, here is first draft. Some gaps in here so dont U panic. lol.

But what was the due date on this one again?

thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/file/37rdg7yg2m77c9g/CVSCase-ew-draft001.doc

tonee

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Tonee! This final project is not due for another 5 wks. What I needed for this project was just a proposal for this weekend, and next weekend I needed library research :

Submit written project proposal containing the following:

1. A brief overview of the chosen organization and your role in it
  2. Preliminary problem statement in the form of a researchable question
  3. A brief narrative description of the organizational problem that you would like to research and resolve
  4. Which TCO or textbook topic your problem is related to

Conduct library research on your topic.

1. Identify a minimum of six scholarly resources for your project.
  2. All resources for the paper must come from the DeVry library and must be of scholarly quality.
  3. Use the librarians for assistance in accessing materials.
  4. Review the "using EBSCO" tutorial.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I will not be able to spread this out five weeks. I have to write it from beginning to end... So will need all instructions now.

If you like the different parts can be pulled from the final paper..

tonee

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay. I need the priposal for one and the title for the other like now. I will repost the entire requirements again tomorrow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay Tonee, this is what I need for this project:

For this past sunday I needed:

This coming Sunday I will need:

Conduct library research on your topic.

4. Review the "using EBSCO" tutorial.

The next following sunday I will need:

Submit written project outline containing the following:

1. Documentation of at least three initial scholarly sources from the library
  2. Expanded introduction to the organization
  3. Expanded description of your chosen problem
  4. Preliminary solution options (bulleted)
  5. Preliminary analysis of leadership and organizational behavior concepts addressed in the paper

Two after this is the FINAL PROJECT

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, the first part was uploaded saturday. Did you receive it? It was the first draft.

I will type in the above sentences to highlight the response and repost here.

tonee

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I will go and relook. I hope that you had a great day? Take care Teddy!
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, the first part was uploaded saturday. Reposting with the following additions:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nb1stnl96nbqds6/CVSCase-ew-draft001week1.doc

--I have typed in the above sentences to highlight the response from the paper, deleted all the additional information written and reposted here.

--I dont know what to write about the tco question, cause I dont know the textbook reference referred to?

thanks,

tonee

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, I will post the tcos
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A

Given that people make the difference in how well organizations perform, assess how an understanding of organizational behavior concepts and theories is a useful knowledge base for career success and for improving an organization's effectiveness.

B

Given the influence of factors such as values, attitudes, beliefs, feelings, and personality on individual behavior, demonstrate how knowledge of individual difference factors helps in understanding, predicting, and influencing individual behavior.

Use a diagnostic instrument such as the Life Styles Inventory (LSI) to assess your personal thinking and behavior styles and their role in accomplishing self-improvement goals.

C

Given the array of theories of motivation, demonstrate their application to successfully guide employees toward accomplishing organizational objectives.

D

Given knowledge of group dynamics and decision-making, apply this knowledge to a case analysis to diagnose an organizational problem and recommend solutions.

E

Given an understanding of the communication process and given specific incidents of communication problems at the dyad, group, or organization level, diagnose the problem and develop a strategy for improving organizational performance through improvement of communication processes.

F

Given a specific challenge of intra- and inter-group conflict, demonstrate specific conflict resolution behaviors a leader can use to effectively resolve the conflict.

G

Given an understanding of the trait, behavioral, and situational theories of leadership, apply this knowledge to analyze a leadership situation, assess a leader's leadership style, and determine the most appropriate leadership style for the situation.

H

Given a requirement of organizational change, apply a framework for managing change, diagnose the forces for and against change in a situation, and recommend strategies for dealing with resistance to change.

I

Given the concept that a relationship exists between corporate culture and organizational effectiveness, demonstrate how that relationship can be exploited to enhance a firm's performance. Use a diagnostic instrument, such as the Organizational Culture Inventory (OCI), to do so.

J

Given an understanding of the basic components of organizational structure and design, illustrate how an organization's structure supports its organizational goals.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tonee, A-J are the TCO's
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to make sure we are tracking correctly, this is what I need for this project by Sunday midnight:

This coming Sunday I will need:

Conduct library research on your topic.

4. Review the "using EBSCO" tutorial.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, ok how do I access the Devry library? or does it matter...

For the TCO question #4 I would say that our topic most closely relates to J.

This is because the HR department is reviewing hiring process and becoming more proactive to aligning with customer service needs. As well as how technology and training can improve the level of skill hirees have in being more effective and productive in meeting customer and organizational needs...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont think the it matters as long as its scholary.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry it does matter. I can give you access to mine but I cant post it here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DeVry Library:

Type this in your search engine: devry library ebscohost, open the link

When the page opens: click the home link on the upper left

Next click: ebscohost link

DSI-01217522

PW-196912

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tonee, I pray that youy get to this before 2:00 AM. I need this posted by then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tonee, let me apologize! The library research on your topic. Is not due until next Sunday. I will double check and let you know.

Sorry

Teddy

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, I got your messages. Will try to access this library and get this soon. Let me know if this is an issue.

tonee

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi can these sources be used?
OH I see the id password XXXXX sorry didnt see it before...

CVScaremark.com. (2010). CVS Caremark: Our vision, mission, and values. Retrieved

July 17, 2011. Http://.cvscaremark.com/our-company/our- culture/vision-mission-values

Thies, G. (2006). CVS Pharmacy: Aspect Technology. Retrieved July 18, 2011 from

http://www.aspect.com/casestudies/Aspect_CVS-Pharmacy_CS.pdf

Wing, S. M. (2010). WinWin CVS Pharmacy Human Resources. Director of

Government Hiring Programs, CVS Corporation. Retrieved July 18, 2011 from http://winwinpartner.com/Human%20Resources/ssCVSPharmacy.html

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, it isnt working It says access unsucessful.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tionee, I am still working on this ebscohost, but here are the teachers remarks about the CVS paper.

1. What is "your" specific role in the organization. While I I understand the role of the Organization Development and Technology teams, your role is not explicitly discussed.

2. What Terminal Course Objective (TCO) is aligned to your research area.

3. What area are you specifically focusing on as possible solutions to the problem? In the end, the problem question is too broad and should be narrowed to better direct your study. The current problem question, as noted below, must be revised:

" How can CVS address these areas of concern with order fulfillment and customer satisfaction?"

In refining the problem question, will you be looking at the organization structure, process improvement, employee training, etc.? Once you determine the areas under consideration you can more clearly frame the problem question. For example, "what process efficiencies can be implemented to accelerate order fulfillment processing?"

As another example, in investigating under-performance of a firm's Workforce Development Implementation Team, a potential problem question might be, "What reward systems can be implemented to motivate team performance to satisfy project implementation goals?"

Please drop me a note of your revised problem question and related TCO.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tonee, try this link:

Please note that I left the D off. My bad.

http://library.devry.edu/

ID: D01217522

PW: 196912

Try this as well. Open the link below:

http://www.librarydb.devry.edu/ebsco-details.html

Next click the home tab on the left

Next click ebscohost below lexis

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

For role in the organization, is the instructor suggesting... pretend you are part of the organizational team and are looking to address a problem? Or is the organizational problem supposed to be one that you have actually participated in resolving?

Assuming this is a hypothetical case your role could be as HR manager in charge of hiring and training CVS team...

I had posted this above in response to which TCO:

"Given an understanding of the basic components of organizational structure and design, illustrate how an organization's structure supports its organizational goals."

In the paper posted I put the following to define the problem and the problem statement etc:

Define the Problem

There are issues related to timeliness in responding to customer prescription orders. There are also concerns that misinformation has resulted in customer dissatisfaction in getting updates as to the status of their orders. There are too many cases being reported where customers orders are misplaced or left unfulfilled. This too is an area that needs to be addressed.

Problem statement: How can the CVS OD team restructure or reposition itself to address these areas of concern with order fulfillment and customer satisfaction?

As HR manager your role is to review the hiring process and become more proactive to aligning with customer service needs. In addition HR needs to communicate with the IT department to research how technology and training can improve the prescription order processing system. HR can address the problem of improving customer satisfaction with better trained workers to reduce the issues related to response times and error tracking. This will be effective in improving the OD goals of raising the level of productivity while reducing customer service compaints.

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

The last part was revised to be more specific to hiring, technical process improvement areas of OD. To reiterate your role is as hiring manager.

Does that work?

I am in ebscohost! working on sources now...

tm

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, I have updated with all the changes so far and included comments about tco (j), organizational structure, your role as hiring manager, restated the problem and added literary review references from ebscohost.

thanks,

tonee

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a61hwg4oldoxm20/CVSCase-ja-update002.doc

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy these two question have timed out. You may have to reopen?

thanks,

tonee

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay Tonee, this is what I need by Sunday for this project:

Topic Selection

1. Select a specific organization of interest to you and identify a problem at the firm related to organizational behavior (OB).
  2. Think of yourself as an organizational consultant and assume that a key manager has requested a thorough analysis and recommended course of action to resolve an actual organizational problem that will make a difference to the future performance of the organization.
  3. Identify which of our TCOs or specific topics in the syllabus are related to the problem you identify.

Research Sources

1. All papers must have a minimum of six scholarly sources cited within the text of the paper and identified in the references section.
  2. Additional research sources can be attached in a bibliography.
  3. Review the following document for instructions on how to access and use EBSCOhost for your research: EBSCOhost.

Paper Format

1. All papers should be single sided, double-spaced, using a 10- or 11-point font.
  2. Length of the paper to be between 12 and 15 pages, not counting cover page and appendices.
  3. The first page should include the title of the work, student name, address, telephone and e-mail address, course number, date, and instructor name.
  4. Follow APA style for general format and citations.
  5. Paper sections must adhere to the guidelines below and each section must be labeled in the text.
  6. Language should be clear, concise, and precise.
  7. Tone should be professional, consistent, and not filled with jargon.
  8. Grammar and syntax (sentence structure) must be correct.
  9. Report must be free of misspellings and typos.

Tables and Figures

1. All figures and tables must be referred to in your text before they appear on the page.
    1. Figures and tables should appear on the same page as or the page after the text that refers to them.
  2. All figures and tables need captions. Captions go below figures and above tables.

Quotations and Citations

1. Quotations and citations are crucial components of a research paper.
  2. Failure to properly cite research sources and borrowed ideas is plagiarism.
  3. Refer to APA style guide for assistance with properly citing quoted and/or borrowed materials and ideas.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tonee, STOP, STOP! My professor is saying that this should be about a career field that I have been a part of. Can you do this on the Army, Lowes or Home Depot?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Forget what I just said. This is the correction that she added to what you revised earlier:

You indicated the problem that will be address is "How can CVS OD team, specifically HR restructure or reposition itself to address these areas of concern with order fulfillment and customer satisfaction?" The question is still unclear...which will you focus on restructure or reposition? what specific areas of concern?

Are you focusing on training, technology improvements, or process reengineering...?

You mentioned that HR can help with putting in place a training program yet, you have also implicated the "hiring process." I do not see the connection between the hiring process and order fulfillment.

Please be sure to properly "focus" your study. An example of a clearly designed problem is "what organization infrastructure improvements can be made to improve the customer order improvement process?" Infrastructure is a broad term that covers people, processes, technology, structure, etc.,

Okay, Theordore....please be sure to make updates prior to the final submission of your course project, and let me know if you have any clarifying questions for me.

Kind Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Let's keep moving forward with CVS; I just need to meet her standards....lol!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Btw, didn't you used to work at CVS? If so you will be my reference....lol!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tonee, I think I got something going on that's not right. Can you please tell me again what topic goes where? I think I may have them backwards as far as which paper goes where. I am sorry for the confusion. I have been sick for the last three weeks, been to the ER 3x, and I am totally out of it. So I need to refocus and get this back on track. Sorry for the confusion!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think that I am good. This project is about CVS and the other project deals with Data Security.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good morning Tonee! Having issues with JA, but all is well. I just need to clarify what we are doing for each project.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy. The problem and involves more than one area. Rarely in an true organization does a problem in one department not affect another.

The professor asked to uncover the root problem, causes. The professor in fact repeats this several times in the instructions, well the root problem is three fold.

Problem question:

How can CVS OD team, specifically HR restructure or reposition itself to address these areas of concern with order fulfillment and customer satisfaction?"

Solution involves various departments within the organization structure, namely 1)Technology 2Hiring --HR 3Training --HR. That is why an OD Team is needed to resolve it. Your role is representing the HR managerial department.

Better processes via technology will allow for better order processing, employees that are hired and trained on these processes will better be able to respond to customer complaints and fulfill orders. This will improve the organization level of customer satisfaction with less complaints and a faster, more nimble order transaction process.

The root problem is systems filling prescriptions need to be updated for better transaction processing along with better trained staff.

I can remove the technology part of the organization structure though we would then have to rethink the TCO we are using....?

tonee

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, she is really becoming a pain my booty. Do what u feel and thats it!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just sent that to her!
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Its just that her instructions ask for the root cause then at the same time she wants a generalized one dimensional answer? Let me know....

ie. Her instructions---" Identify issues, events, and actions that contributed to problem being discussed ...1. What is its nature? B. To whom is it a problem? C. To what extent is it a problem? 1. Is it part of a larger problem or are there related problems?

"

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She liked your response

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Cool. I will continue on next part. Do you think accept before Saturday? I can continue on the project.

thanks,

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey Tonee, sorry for the delay. Out in the park, but I am home now.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All I need for this project is the outline, but I will take it all if you have it!
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

I will post the following additions tonight

1. Expanded introduction to the organization
  2. Expanded description of your chosen problem
  3. Preliminary solution options (bulleted)
  4. Preliminary analysis of leadership and organizational behavior concepts addressed in the paper

Two after this is the FINAL PROJECT

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, here is the outline, but the information has also been added.

thanks,

tonee

http://www.mediafire.com/file/13mmn3oe7m3llp9/CVSCase-ja-update03.doc

Let me know of any questions...

RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience: Business Analyst
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tonee, I know that you are not finished, but the final project must have

between 12 and 15 pages, not counting cover page and appendices.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tonee,

The teachers response to the rough draft:

Theodore,

You have provided some good background information. The write-up and problem question is unclear and seem unrelated.

What area within CVS are you focusing? You indicated "The problem question is "how to improve the level of customer service at CVS reducing complaints." Please specify the customer service area, for example, are you referring to the pharmacy, cashier check-out, etc., Also, are you focusing on customer complaints? Employee complaints?

In the end, though, your assignment seems to be focusing on technology and staff...? Accordingly, the research question requires additional clarification to accurately communicate the foci of your study. An example of a more refined research question based on the information provided is " How can CVS leverage technology to increase organizational efficiency and service to customers?"
Theodore,

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, yes this is not complete... When is next draft needed?

I will refine as required..

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will let you know by tomorrow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This project is due on the 19th of August.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

ok, I'll have another post update this weekend.

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
open
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.
Hi rewrote the problem question:

How can CVS OD team, specifically HR work to leverage technology in order to improve the organization by resolving issues of efficiency and responsiveness to customer service?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Tonee, thanks and I have made the correction.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Teddy,

here is updated report.

thanks,

tm

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h7r8v08y7ovkptx/CVSCase-ja-update04.doc

I put some quotes in from the Director HR, so the source is a web article.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Excellent.....thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tonee,can you please put the paper in this format that I am providing. I tried and its not coming out right. I need this by 1000PM tomorrow night!

Thanks in advance,

Teddy

I. Introduction

A. Identify the organization

1. Brief overview of the organization

2. Identify your role within organization

3. Identify issues, events, and actions that contributed to problem being discussed

II. Identify the problem you will discuss in your paper
A. Define the problem.
1. What is its nature?
B. To whom is it a problem?
C. To what extent is it a problem?
1. Is it part of a larger problem or are there related problems?
D. Show it is not a symptom of another, more fundamental problem.

III. Literature Review – the foundation of your paper
A. Identification of sources and uses of information
1. Which scholarly sources are you using to support your claim of the problem and how?
2. Which scholarly sources support your analysis and how?
B. Reintroduce your research question at the end of this section to provide a smooth transition to the analysis section.

IV. Analysis of Problem
A. Causes of problem
a) Direct cause
(1) Description of cause
b) Direct cause
(1) Description of cause
B. Leadership and Organizational Behavior concepts present in problem
a) Leadership and Organizational Behavior Concept
b) Leadership and Organizational Behavior Concept
c) Leadership and Organizational Behavior concept

V. Possible Solutions
A. Alternative #1
1. Steps and actions to take
B. Alternative #2
1. Steps and actions to take
C. Alternative #3
1. Steps and actions to take

VI. References
A. List scholarly resources (6 required in literature review) used in the literature review and elsewhere.
1. Be sure you meet the scholarly source requirement by sourcing your materials through the DeVry library system or another library system.
2. Web sources are NOT acceptable.
B. List of additional outside resources (these are the non scholarly – supplemental sources you used …websites, magazines, newspapers, books etc)

You must respond to each item in the outline – one or two sentences for each is sufficient. You may use the bullet list in this outline and replace the directions with your statements for each item.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi there. I will work on it for sunday pm.

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay thanks! I will be here waiting.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tonee! Make sure that you get some rest; I have a good one coming your way in a week or so! Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and be blessed until the next time we meet.

Teddy
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, thank you.

You have a blessed week as well.

Rest? whatz that? lol

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Here is one for you to think about. Let me know if you can handle this by Tuesday of next week.

Financial Statement Analysis Project -- A Comparative Analysis of Oracle Corporation and Microsoft Corporation
Here is the link for the financial statements for Oracle Corporation for the fiscal year ending 2007. First, select 2007 using the drop-down arrow labeled for Year on the right-hand side of the page, and then select Annual Reports using the drop-down arrow labeled Filing Type on the left-hand side of the page.
You should select the 10k dated 6/29/2007 and choose to download in PDF, Word, or Excel format.
http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/investor-relations/sec/index.html
Here is the link for the financial statements for Microsoft Corporation for the fiscal year ending 2007. You should select the Annual report dated 8/3/2007 and choose to download in Word or Excel format.
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/SEC/default.aspx?year=2007
Description

This course contains a course project where you will be required to submit one draft of the project at the end of Week 5 and the final completed project at the end of Week 7. Using the financial statements for Oracle Corporation and Microsoft Corporation, respectively, you will calculate and compare the financial ratios listed further down this document for the fiscal year ending 2007 and prepare your comments about the liquidity, solvency and profitability of the two companies based on your ratio calculations. The entire project will be graded by the instructor at the end of the final submission in week 7 and one grade will be assigned for the entire project.

Overall Requirements

For the Final Submission:
Your final Excel workbook submission should contain the following. You cannot use any other software but Excel to complete this Project.
1. A completed worksheet title page tab which is really a cover sheet with your name, my name, the class name, and the date.
2. A completed worksheet profiles tab which contains a one paragraph description regarding each company with information about their history, what products they sell, where they are located etc.
3. All 18 ratios for each company with the supporting calculations and commentary on your worksheet ratio tab. Supporting calculations must be shown either as a formula or as text typed into a different cell. The ratios are listed further down this document. Your comments for each ratio should include more than just a definition of the ratio. You should focus on interpreting each ratio number for each company and support your comments with the numbers found in the ratios.
4. The Summary and Conclusions worksheet tab which is an overall comparison of how each company compares in terms of the major category of ratios (Liquidity, Profitability, and Solvency).
5. The Bibliography worksheet tab must contain at least your textbook as a reference. Any other information you use to profile the companies should also be cited as a reference.
Required Ratios for Final Project Submission:
1. Earnings per Share
2. Current Ratio
3. Gross Profit Rate
4. Profit Margin Ratio
5. Inventory Turnover Ratio
6. Days in Inventory
7. Receivables Turnover Ratio
8. Average Collection Period
9. Asset Turnover Ratio
10. Return on Assets Ratio
11. Debt to Total Assets Ratio
12. Times Interest Earned Ratio
13. Payout ratio
14. Return on Common Stockholders' Equity Ratio
15. Free Cash Flow
16. Current Cash Debt Coverage Ratio
17. Cash Debt Coverage Ratio
18. Price/Earnings Ratio [For the purpose of this ratio, use the market price per share on June 1, 2007 for each company]
The Excel files uploaded to the Dropbox should not include any unnecessary numbers or information (such as previous years' ratios, ratios that were not specifically asked for in the project, etc.).
Please upload your final submission to the Dropbox by the end of Week 7. See Syllabus/"Due Dates for Assignments & Exams" for due date information.
For the Draft:
Create an Excel spreadsheet or use the Project template to show your computations for the first 12 ratios listed above. The more you can complete regarding the other requirements the closer you will be to completion when Week 7 arrives. Supporting calculations must be shown either as a formula or as text typed into a different cell. If you plan on creating your own spreadsheet, please follow the format provided in the Tootsie Roll and Hershey template file.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Teddy, this is not my area of expertise. Not into accounting and financial ratios...sorry

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Tonee, can you help me with the following?

Assignment:

Pick an administrative agency of either the federal or a state government. Find where the current and proposed regulation changes for that agency are located on the Internet. (i.e., the Federal Register or the State Administrative Agency website.) Regulations.gov is a good place to begin your research. Pick one proposed regulation change currently under consideration (if you find one that has already closed out but interests you, you can use that instead) and write the following regarding it:

1. State the administrative agency which controls the regulation. Explain why this agency and your proposed regulation interests you (briefly). Will this proposed regulation affect you or the business in which you are working? If so, how? Submit a copy of the proposed regulation along with your responses to these five questions. The proposed regulation can be submitted as either a separate Word document (.doc) or Adobe file (.pdf). This means you will submit two attachments to the Week 2 Dropbox: (a) a Word document with the questions and your answers and (b) a copy of the proposed regulation you used for this assignment. (10 points)

2. Describe the proposal/change. (10 points)

3. Write the public comment that you would submit to this proposal. If the proposed regulation deadline has already passed, write the comment you would have submitted. Explain briefly what you wish to accomplish with your comment. (10 points)

4. Provide the "deadline" by which the public comment must be made. (If the date has already passed, please provide when the deadline was). (5 points)

5.

a. Once you have submitted your comment, what will you be legally entitled to do later in the promulgation process (if you should choose to do so)? (See the textbook's discussion of the Administrative Procedure Act.)

b. If the proposal passes, identify and explain the five legal theories you could use in an attempt to have the regulation declared invalid and overturned in court.

c. Which of these challenges would be the best way to challenge the regulation you selected for this assignment if you wanted to have the regulation overturned and why?

Answer all of these questions for #5 even if you are in favor of your proposed regulation.

The response to question 5 should be a minimum of 2–3 paragraphs long. (15 points)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you are able to help; here's an example template:

Week 2 Homework Help – GM520.
Here is an example to get you started on the Week 2 Homework:
1. State the administrative agency which controls the regulation. Explain why this agency and your proposed regulation interests you (briefly). Will this proposed regulation affect you or the business in which you are working? If so, how? Submit a copy of the proposed regulation along with your responses to these five questions. The proposed regulation can be submitted as either a separate Word document (.doc) or Adobe file (.pdf). This means you will submit two attachments to the Week 2 Dropbox: (1) a Word doc with the questions and your answers and (2) a copy of the proposed regulation you used for this assignment. (10 points)
Illinois Department of Regulation – I am a hunter so this interests me and will impact me with the new deer hunting regulations.
This will affect me peripherally as the cost of the permits have increased.
The proposal increases the fee for late season deer permits and repeals the “group hunting” permit.
3. Write the public comment which you would submit to this proposal. If the proposed regulation deadline has already passed, write the comment you would have submitted. Explain briefly what you wish to accomplish with your comment. (10 points)
My comment is that group hunts were beneficial to the family who hunts together and I’m not sure why they are being repealed. Further, hunting is expensive and a set of permits for a family of 6 is now $105, instead of $90. Hunting deer is a benefit to the state of IL as there are over 45,000 car accidents due to deer and hunting is the only control mechanism the state uses.
I wish to have them reconsider this new rule.
This expires on 10/2/10.
5. a. Once you have submitted your comment, what will you be legally entitled to do later in the promulgation process (if you should choose to do so)? (See the textbook's discussion of the Administrative Procedure Act.)
(will provide after homework due)
(will provide after homework due)
(will provide after homework due)
Answer all of these questions for #5 even if you are in favor of your proposed regulation. The response to question 5 should be a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs long. (15 points)
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

I can assist on the one about administrative agency. Did you post this as a new question? It would be easier to follow so I dont get confused, etc?
thanks,

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I will be posting in about five minutes, and thanks as usual!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Tonee, its been posted as federal and state under homework category.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not heard from since your last post. I hope that we are still good for the last assignment because I need it tonight.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hey there Teddy, yes I am trying to finish now.

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No rush. I have until 1:00am est tonight.