Homework Girl
Homework Girl, Graduate Student
Experience:  10+ years of tutoring, BS in Biology and English, Current Chicago Examiner and Writer

$25 Bonus will be paid...Due Sun. 7/3/11 by 10PM EST In

$25 Bonus will be paid...Due: Sun. 7/3/11 by 10PM EST

In recent years, many health care organizations have been making the switch from paper-based medical records to paperless, computer-based medical records. Some argue that there are too many security and confidentiality issues that can be created when using a computerized system. However, advocates of the switch think one important difference is the ability for health care providers to take better care of patients.

The health care organization you are working for is considering switching from a paper-based system to electronic health records. Your boss has been on the fence about this for awhile, and you have actively tried to convince him to make the switch. Finally, he has approached you to hear why you think electronic health records (EHRs) would be better.

Assignment Guidelines:

As an advocate for the switch to computer-based medical records. Your boss has asked you to address the following information:

How electronic health records help practices offer better options for the following:
What information will the EHRs include?
Although you are an advocate for EHRs, what drawbacks do they have?
Research and provide examples of a medical office that has implemented EHRs. How has it helped them? Has it created any negative aspects?

Please include at least 1 to 2 in-text references/citations in support of facts that I will be using for my references page.....2 to 3 pages needed.
Hello! Is it too late for this assignment?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes....It is too late for the requested assignment, but I have the one listed below if you are interested in accepting. I will pay a $10 Bonus and this is Due: Wed. 7/6 by 7:30pm EST.....I need at references/citations to support any facts for my references page like in any college level paper...."PLEASE" respond if this can be accepted & completed by the due date as it's very important. I look forward to your response & thanks for inquiring.

Jan works for a busy general surgeon. She is in charge of billing and reimbursement for the practice. As part of her job, it is necessary for Jan to be able to accurately code any procedures done so the billing can be completed.

With newer procedures, Jan occasionally cannot find the correct code to match the procedure. She feels that the billing must be completed no matter what, so Jan simply looks for procedural code that is closest to the procedure performed and codes it as that procedure.

• Answer the following questions:
    • Is Jan dealing with codes that cannot be found properly? Why or why not?
    • How would this be handled differently if Jan were using current procedural terminology (CPT) codes that are not listed?
What is the word count?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2 To 3 paragraphs. Paragraphs should be at least 3 lines. Please include references in APA Format (if u are not familiar with APA don't worry about it) and since I took a while to respond it is "DEFINITELY" needed by 10pm EST....I will be looking for your response because if I don't hear from you by around 7pm I will have to go forward myself. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi....How are you? I'm hoping to still hear from you. This is due for an on-line course by midnight CST. I said it's needed by 10pm EST (9PM CST) so I can have 3 hours to read, review, type & edit with the expert.

I have one arm from my injury in Iraq as a Marine, so I'm a one arm, one finger typist, which is obviously much slower than when I was able to utilize both hands. I look forward to your response. Take care & have a good evening.
I'm working on this now and will have this for you within the hour.
Is Jan dealing with codes that cannot be found properly? Why or why not?
Jan is dealing with new codes that may be updated and readily available through the American Medical Association but not readily available in her office. This may be due to the updates made by the American Medical Association but not in her current billing system. Each year, the AMA adds new codes for services and removes codes and implementation may be slower than the update (Torrey, 2011).
How would this be handled differently if Jan were using current procedural terminology (CPT) codes that are not listed?
If Jan was using correct procedural terminology that was not listed in her system, she would have her claim processed instead of rejected and ensured that the physician and patient received accurate and the most current billing information. The rejection of a current and valid CPT code by her payer is a violation of HIPAA since it is the responsibility of the payer to maintain the most updated code set ("Payers not accepting 2011," 2011). As a result, Jan would have had her code processed accurately.
By submitting her claim based on closest procedure, Jan may not only have the claim rejected, but may also cause mistakes in payment amount. She may also be unable to match the ACT code to the CPT4 code, despite the similarities in procedure. The wrong CPT code can lead to a ripple effect for the patient that can lead to the wrong reported diagnosis, wrong procedure and possibly, denial of coverage (Torrey, 2011). It is the responsibility of Jan to correct and resubmit the bill to ensure accuracy and that the doctor is paid.
Payers not accepting 2011 cpt codes? report them. (2011, June 1). Retrieved from
Torrey, T. (2011, February 16). How cpt code changes may cost patients money from their pockets. Retrieved from

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the answer. I would like for you to let me know if you can accept the below listed assignment which is Due: Sat. 7/9/11 by 8pm with a $20 Bonus. if you accept, I will then post in the appropriate "New question" area in the Homework area. I will "Definitely" be accepting your answer tomorrow "morning" after my review w/payment and the promised bonus.

Your good friend Ryan has called you from school because he has a test tomorrow on anesthesia and radiology. Because of the recent job you received working for an oral surgeon, he felt you were a great choice for help. Topics he feels unsure of still on anesthesia are the 4 classifications of anesthesia and the 4 different sets of modifiers used for billing anesthesia.

Because you feel extra ambitious today, you told him to wait a little bit and you would create a PowerPoint presentation that he can review which will answer his questions.

Assignment Guidelines:

• Create a 8–10-slide PowerPoint presentation that covers the following information:
    • Research and explain the 4 different sets of modifiers used for billing anesthesia and provide an example of each.
    • Explain the 4 main classifications of anesthesia, and provide an example of each.
    • Describe 2 different radiology procedures.
  • Include speaking notes so if Ryan needs to, he can give the presentation out to classmates to study.
Please post and request me tomorrow. I will be available. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK...Will do.