Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Ho4v anotomy

Customer Question

Ho4v anotomy & physic 1. The cell membrane: (Points: 5) is the last part of the cell to be affected by the extracellular environment. separates the intracellular environment from the extracellular environment. separates the intracellular environment from the cytoplasm. cannot control the movement of substances between the intracellular and extracellular environments. 2. Imagine that you are holding a salt-filled, dime-sized particle in your hand. You drop that particle into a glass that contains a small amount of water. After a few seconds, you notice some of the water moving from the glass to the inside of the particle. The particle begins swelling and is now the size of a nickel. You then realize that the water moved from an area of high concentration to an area of lower concentration. You have just observed the process of: (Points: 5) phagocytosis. pinocytosis. osmosis. diffusion. 3. In Question #2 above, the water (solution) moved into the particle because the water was originally _____to the salt (solute) inside the particle. (Points: 5) isotonic hypotonic hypertonic in equilibrium 4. When a child has an infection in his throat, his tonsils will often swell and enlarge. This process occurs because certain cells (white blood cells) in the tonsils entrap the infected cells. This process is an example of: (Points: 5) osmosis. diffusion. filtration. phagocytosis. 5. Liver cells have very high energy requirements. Therefore, if you examine a liver cell under the microscope, you might expect to see that the cell contains: (Points: 5) many mitochondria. no mitochondria. many centrioles. no centrioles. 6. In what phase of the cell life cycle does DNA replication (when the chromosomes duplicate) occur? (Points: 5) Anaphase Telophase Metaphase Interphase 7. The mitotic division process consists of four phases. Choose the answer that lists the phases in order. (Points: 5) Telophase-prophase-metaphase-anaphase Prophase-metaphase-telophase-anaphase Prophase-metaphase-anaphase-telophase Prophase-anaphase-metaphase-telophase 8. Secondary tumors are those that: (Points: 5) are associated with angiogenesis. have metastasized. are neoplastic. are benign. 9. _____tissue forms glands, covers the body, and lines body cavities. (Points: 5) Connective Muscle Nervous Epithelial 10. Where would you expect to find endocrine cells? (Points: 5) Face Axilla (underarm) Pancreas Mouth 11. The outer portion of the ear is an example of which type of connective tissue? (Points: 5) Cartilage Bone TenXXXXX XXXXXgament 12. The joint cavity of your elbow is lined with a _____membrane, which prevents the bones in that joint from touching and becoming damaged. (Points: 5) serous synovial skeletal supportive 13. Cardiac muscle tissue has __________, specialized attachment sites that allow free communication between adjacent cells. (Points: 5) intercalated disks voluntary muscle control dendrites axons 14. Information is sent by neurons from one area of the body to the other via _____events. (Points: 5) voluntary electrical cardiac chemical 15. While you are running through the house, you hit your knee on the corner of a table. The knee swells and becomes inflamed. The inflammation is a/an _____process. (Points: 5) abnormal infectious homeostatic metastatic 16. Your hair is a component of your _____system. (Points: 5) skeletal cutaneous muscular integumentary 17. The skeletal system contains _____bones. (Points: 5) 204 205 206 207 18. Support, protection of tissues, mineral storage, and blood formation are all functions of the _____system. (Points: 5) skeletal muscular digestive cardiovascular 19. Which one of the following is considered an organ in the endocrine system? (Points: 5) Arteries Lymph nodes Sweat glands Ovaries 20. The _____system removes ions, excess water, and waste products from the body. (Points: 5) urinary digestive cardiovascular lymphatic --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the accept. I have a couple of corrections to make: #2 should be "osmosis," and #3 should be "hypotonic." Sorry about that.