akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert
46493125

1. What is the energy in eV of the electron of a hydrogen atom

Customer Question

1. What is the energy in eV of the electron of a hydrogen atom for the orbit designated n = 3? eV

2. Photons of a certain ultraviolet light have an energy of 6.83 10-19 J.
(a) What is the frequency of this UV light?____Hz
(b) Use λ= c/f to calculate its wavelength in nm.____nm

3. Use table to determine the energy in eV of the photon absorbed when an electron jumps down from the n = 4 orbit to the n = 1 orbit of a hydrogen atom.___eV

4. What is the radius in nm of the electron orbit of a hydrogen atom for n = 3?____nm?

5. Calculate the de Broglie wavelength of a 0.58 kg ball moving with a constant velocity of 26 m/s (about 60 mi/h). ____m?

6.What is the de Broglie wavelength for Saturn (m = 5.69 1026 kg) as it moves in its orbit with a speed of 9.60 103 m/s? m ?

7.The human eye is sensitive to orange light having a frequency of about 4.95 1014 Hz (a wavelength of about 608 nm). What is the energy in joules of the photons associated with this light? _____J

8. Pick the radionuclide in each set.

a) 227 28
89Ac 14Si

b) 237 Np 20Ne
89Ac 14 Si

c) 10B 70Ga
5 31
Explain your choice.
its atomic number is XXXXX than 83? it has fewer n than p in the nucleus? it is an odd-odd nuclide? none of the above?

9. Fill in the nine gaps in this table.
Symbol Be
Protons 8
Neutrons 8
Electrons 10
Mass number 9 20

10. Technetium-99 (half-life = 6.0 h) is used in medical imaging. How many half-lives would go by in 40. h? ____half-lives?

11. A clinical technician finds that the activity of a sodium-24 sample is 480 cpm. What will the activity of the sample 30 h later if the half-life of sodium-24 is 15 h? ___cpm?

12 Use the graph to find how long it would take the original sample of radionuclide A to decrease to 12 g.____d ?

13. A thyroid cancer patient is given a dosage of 131I (half-life = 8.1 d). What fraction of the dosage of 131I will still be in the patient's thyroid after 40.5 days?
Category: Homework
Expert:  akch2002 replied 3 years ago.
Kindly upload the graphs as mentioned in the questions. Can you clarify q.no.8? What is to be determined?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Can u skip those with graph and submit solutions for the others please? Please advise how I would be able to upload the graphs as I tried to copy and paste here but not working.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 3 years ago.
I will try to reply the questions not needing graph.
You can scan the graphs and upload to this page.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 3 years ago.

Answers are given in bold letters.

Energy = -13.6/n2 = -13.6/32 = -1.511eV
(a) What is the frequency of this UV light?_

1.0307*1015Hz
(b) Use λ= c/f to calculate its wavelength in nm.

291nm
3. Use table to determine the energy in eV of the photon absorbed when an electron jumps down from the n = 4 orbit to the n = 1 orbit of a hydrogen atom.

10.2eV
9a0 = 0.4761nm
Wave length = h/(mv) = 4.393*10-15m
1.213*10-64m

Energy = hf = 6.626*10-34*4.95*1014 = 3.28*10-19J
8. Pick the radionuclide in each set.
The atomic number and atomic are not clearly written.
a) 227 28
89Ac 14Si

b) 237 Np 20Ne
89Ac 14 Si

c) 10B 70Ga
5 31
Explain your choice.

The question is not clear. I think it should be U235.

9. Fill in the nine gaps in this table.
Symbol Be
Protons 8
Neutrons 8
Electrons 10
Mass number 9 20

Table is required

6.67 half lives

120cpm

Graph is required.

3.125%

Kindly submit graphs and tables to reply the remaining questions.

Kindly ACCEPT the answers. BONUS and POSITIVE feedback will be appreciated.

akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Calculate the de Broglie wavelength of a 0.58 kg ball moving with a constant velocity of 26 m/s (about 60 mi/h). __m?

determine the energy in eV of the photon absorbed when an electron jumps down from the n = 4 orbit to the n = 1 orbit of a hydrogen atom ___ev?

Expert:  akch2002 replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert