BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

Unit 2 Individual Project Deliverable Length 2 -3 Pages

Unit 2 Individual Project
Deliverable Length: 2 -3 Pages
Details:
You have just been asked to teach the concept of adaptation to a psychology class. You decide to conduct the following experiments to teach the concept of adaptation.

Task 1: Conduct three of the following experiments. Record your reactions, and be specific for each experiment.

Experiment 1:

•Rub your index fingers gently over a piece of very coarse sandpaper a few times and rate its coarseness on a scale from 1 (very soft) to 7 (very coarse).
•After a minute or two, rub the same finger over the paper and again rate its coarseness. Did your perception of the coarseness change? How? Record your reaction.
Experiment 2:

•Prepare one cup with sugar water and one with fresh water.
•Take a sip of the sugar water and swish it around in your mouth for several seconds without swallowing it. Gradually, it should taste less sweet. (Dispose of the sugar water)
•Taste from the cup containing fresh water. Did the taste of the fresh water surprise you? How? Record your reaction.
Experiment 3:

•Take about 15 index cards and a flashlight that is opaque on all sides (so that light shines only through the front) into a very dark room.
•Place all 15 cards over the beam of light.
•Slowly remove the cards one at a time until you can barely detect the light, and then count the number of cards that remain over the light.
•After a few minutes, the light should begin to look brighter. When this is the case, add cards and see if you can still see the light.
•Repeat this process of gradually adding cards over a 15-minute period. Were you able to detect an increasingly dim light the longer you spent in the dark? Record your reaction.
•How many cards did it take to not see the light after time?
Experiment 4:

•Fill 3 medium-sized bowls as follows:
◦Bowl 1 - with very hot (but not painfully hot) tap water
◦Bowl 2 - with very cold tap water
◦Bowl 3 - with a mixture of the very hot and very cold water.
•Arrange them, so your right hand is in front of the cold water, your left hand is in front of the hot water, and the lukewarm water is in the middle.
•Submerse your hands into the water (right into cold, left into hot) for about 3 minutes
•After 3 minutes, quickly transfer both hands to the lukewarm (middle) bowl. What did you sense? Record your reaction.
In all four experiments, you will experience adaption.

Task 2: Write a paper that describes adaption and how you experienced it in your experiments. The paper should cover the following.

•Fully describe the process and results of the experiments that you chose.
•What is sensory adaptation? Explain the concept of sensory adaptation. Refer to your text for the definition of sensory adaptation (this is not the general dictionary definition)
•Explain how adaptation is evident in each of your experimental results.
•Provide a comprehensive description of the sensory systems that are involved in the experiments that you performed. This description should include what happens from the receptors to the brain. Your discussion should illustrate what was experienced in each experiment.
•Discuss how adaptation is important from an evolutionary perspective.
Be sure to document your references using APA format.

For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Please refer to the following multimedia course materials(s)

•Week 2 – The Sensation & Perception of Psychology
•Week 2 – Sensation and Perception
•Week 2 – The Nervous System
•Week 2 – FAQ: Sensation and Perception
Please use the following guidelines for formatting your assignment.

•Margins - set to one inch
•Font - 12pt. Times New Roman, no bold, or underline
•Title - center above the paper, 12 pt. font (Level A Heading), no bold, underline, or italics
•Pagination - every page; consists of a header containing a short title for the paper and page number placed in the upper left corner of the page
•Line Spacing - double space all work including the References Page.
•Point-of-View – first or third person, objective; limit perspective to research; no personal opinion or narrative
•In-text citations - must conform to APA requirements
•References list - must conform to APA requirements
Please submit your assignment.
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
I may be able to help. Please respond with the length. Thank you! I look forward to working with you! BMW
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2-3 pages.thanks

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Audio and Video conferencing and recording- explain the benefits of this options for corporate sales and marketing

8. Conclusion (last slide)- overall benefits of iPad for corporate sales and marketing

From: Monica Carson
Sent: Fri 6/17/2011 7:16 PM
To: Karina Rubalsky
Subject: Monica Carson 13623302

How do you want me to do number 7 and 8 please explain thanks.
Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
Do you need speakers' notes for the slides? Thank you! BMW
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES!!! THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
If this is a separate question, please repost it opposite from the adaptation paper included above. Thank you. BMW
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is what I need for my group project. the group lead

sent it to me.what she want me to do. I am going to post

you the homework assignment okay. you will see it in the

other question Unit 2 IP.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unit 2 Group Project
Group Mates:Atawneh, Tamer Carson, Monica Gutierrez Lewis, Alice Lockhart, Anthony Montes, Amy Rubalsky, Karina
Deliverable Length:6-8 slide Power Point presentation and 1 Access Database file
Details:

For this assignment, there are 2 deliverables. The first is the group deliverable of a PowerPoint presentation, and the second is the individual deliverable of a Microsoft Access database.

Notebook Computers Prediction:

Experts predict that notebook computers soon will have 10 times the power of a current personal computer, with a touch sensitive color screen on which one can write or draw with a stylus or type when a program displays a keyboard. Each will have a small, compact, rewritable, removable CD-ROM that can store the equivalent of an encyclopedia set. In addition, the computers will have voice-recognition capabilities, including the ability to record sound and give voice responses to questions. The computer will be able to carry on a dialogue by voice, graphics, typed words, and displayed video graphics. Thus, affordable computers will be about the size of a thick pad of letter paper, and just as portable and convenient, but with the intelligence of a computer and the multimedia capabilities of a television set.

Group Assignment Details (100 points):

• Based on this description, the group should develop an analysis of the impacts such a development would have on one of the following: corporate sales and marketing, manufacturing, or management consulting.
    • List uses that this type of computer could support for whichever division selected from above.
    • Explain why you think the impact will or will not occur, cite sources when necessary, and justify your position using APA format.
    • Use PowerPoint to present your analysis.
Please add your file.

Human Resource Databases (figure 6-3 in your text: page 213)

Review Figure 6-3, which provides an overview and example of a human resources database. Some additional information that might be maintained in such a database are an employee's date of termination, number of children, date of birth, educational level, sex code, social security tax, Medicare tax, amount of life insurance coverage, health care plan payroll-deduction amount, life insurance payroll-deduction amount, and pension plan payroll-deduction amount.

Database Scenario:

The Music Stop is a locally owned music store in your hometown. It buys and sells CDs, cassettes, and records with a staff of 8 people. Up until this point, it has been using paper-based records to keep track of customers who come in to sell used music; realizing this system is very outdated and problematic, the store has called you and asked you to create a simple Microsoft Access table so it can keep track of the customers selling music and its employees.

Individual Assignment Details (100 points):

Each individual should create an Access database that includes 2 different tables: an employee table and a customer table.

• Field titles for the employee table should be as follows:
    • Employee ID number
    • First name
    • Last name
    • Address
    • Date of hire
    • Date of birth
    • Social security number
    • Hourly wage
  • Field titles for the customer table should be the following:
    • Customer ID number
    • First name
    • Last name
    • Address
    • Phone number
    • Number of items sold to store
  • Select the appropriate data type for each field title (for example: social security number would be number type)
  • For the employee table, enter 8 fake employees into the table
  • For the customer table, enter 10 fake customers into the table
  • Appropriately title each table
  • If you think of other field titles that should be included, make sure to include them.
  • Some things to consider:
    • To create a new table, click "Create" on the top toolbar and then select table.
    • To add field titles on the "Home" toolbar switch to Design View.