For this assignment, there are 2 deliverables. The first is the group deliverable of a PowerPoint presentation, and the second is the individual deliverable of a Microsoft Access database.
Notebook Computers Prediction:
Experts predict that notebook computers soon will have 10 times the power of a current personal computer, with a touch sensitive color screen on which one can write or draw with a stylus or type when a program displays a keyboard. Each will have a small, compact, rewritable, removable CD-ROM that can store the equivalent of an encyclopedia set. In addition, the computers will have voice-recognition capabilities, including the ability to record sound and give voice responses to questions. The computer will be able to carry on a dialogue by voice, graphics, typed words, and displayed video graphics. Thus, affordable computers will be about the size of a thick pad of letter paper, and just as portable and convenient, but with the intelligence of a computer and the multimedia capabilities of a television set.
Group Assignment Details (100 points):
Please add your file.
- Based on this description, the group should develop an analysis of the impacts such a development would have on one of the following: corporate sales and marketing, manufacturing, or management consulting.
- List uses that this type of computer could support for whichever division selected from above.
- Explain why you think the impact will or will not occur, cite sources when necessary, and justify your position using APA format.
- Use PowerPoint to present your analysis.
Human Resource Databases (figure 6-3 in your text: page 213)Review Figure 6-3, which provides an overview and example of a human resources database. Some additional information that might be maintained in such a database are an employee's date of termination, number of children, date of birth, educational level, sex code, social security tax, Medicare tax, amount of life insurance coverage, health care plan payroll-deduction amount, life insurance payroll-deduction amount, and pension plan payroll-deduction amount.
The Music Stop is a locally owned music store in your hometown. It buys and sells CDs, cassettes, and records with a staff of 8 people. Up until this point, it has been using paper-based records to keep track of customers who come in to sell used music; realizing this system is very outdated and problematic, the store has called you and asked you to create a simple Microsoft Access table so it can keep track of the customers selling music and its employees.
Individual Assignment Details (100 points):
Each individual should create an Access database that includes 2 different tables: an employee table and a customer table.
- Field titles for the employee table should be as follows:
- Employee ID number
- First name
- Last name
- Date of hire
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Hourly wage
- Field titles for the customer table should be the following:
- Customer ID number
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Number of items sold to store
- Select the appropriate data type for each field title (for example: social security number would be number type)
- For the employee table, enter 8 fake employees into the table
- For the customer table, enter 10 fake customers into the table
- Appropriately title each table
- If you think of other field titles that should be included, make sure to include them.
- Some things to consider:
- To create a new table, click "Create" on the top toolbar and then select table.
- To add field titles on the "Home" toolbar switch to Design View.