BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

Provide an example from each of these sections, pathology,

Customer Question

Provide an example from each of these sections, pathology, laboratory and medicine, where the technical and professional components could apply. And must the technical component and the professional component of pathology and laboratory coding be performed by the same person? Must they be performed in the same location? Why or why not?

I need help with this as soon as possible. I am still awaiting help.  Need help today.

Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
I may be able to help. Please respond with the due date, and the length. Thank you! I look forward to working with you! BMW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This is not my answer but on the track similiar to this:

There are many different codes that are in the pathology and laboratory sections and the medicine section. If the patient has a urinalysis that was done by a physician in a facility that they do not own then the CPT code would be coded as 81000-26 for the professional (physician's interpretation) component. It would be coded as 81000-TC for the technical component for the facility's equipment.

If the patient had a Bundle of His recording and it was done by a physician in a facility that they do not own then it would be coded as CPT code 93600-26 for the interpretation. It would be coded as 93600-TC for the technical component for the facility's equipment.

No I do not believe that the professional and technical component must be performed by the same person. If they were performed by the same person then they would not need a modifier because they would get reimbursement for both components so you would not use the modifier. No they do not need to be performed in the same location either because the facility can do the procedure in a hospital and then the physician can do the interpretation at a different place, such as their office or home.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
Please let me know the due date for the assignment. Thanks! BMW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was due yesterday; however she extended it to me until today. Thanks!
Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can not open the answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It will not allow me to download anything.
Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!