BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

Unit 1 Individual Project Deliverable Length 4 to 5 Pages

Unit 1 Individual Project
Deliverable Length: 4 to 5 Pages
Details: For this assignment you are to read four case studies as they appear in your text. The case studies you will be reading are as follows:

•Ch. 1: Is Second Life Ready for Business? Page 37 (50 points)
•Ch. 2: JetBlue Hits Turbulence. Page 72 (45 points)
•Ch. 3: Can Technology Save Soldiers' Lives in Iraq? Page 93 (35 points)
•Ch. 4: Flexible Scheduling at Wal-Mart: Good or Bad for Employees? Page 148 (20 points)
For each of these, only answer the case study questions associated with them found at the end of the discussion. You do not need to answer the "MIS in Action" questions.

Please submit your assignment.

For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
I may be able to help. I would kindly ask that this be for $45 as it is 4-5 pages. Do you have the MIS questions, and case studies for me? BMW
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I will pay the $45

I just send you chapter 1 and chapter 2 case study question

I will send you chapter 3 and chapter 4 later thanks

let me know if you see it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ch.3 case study question.

1. why is auto nation having a problem with its inventory.why is this

also a problemfor auto manuactory? why is this also a problem for

auto manufacturers such as GM, FORD, and CHRYSLER? how is

this problem impacting the business performance of autonation and of the

auto manufacturers?

2. what pieces of data do autonation need to determine what cars to stock

in each of its dealerships? how can it obtain these data?

3. what is autonation's solution to its problem? what obstacles must autonation

overcome to implement its solution? how effective with the solution be?

Ch.4 case study question.

1. what is the ethical dilemma facing wal-mart in this case? do Wal-mart's

associates also face an ethical dilemma? if so, what is it?

2.what ethical principles apply to this case? how do they apply?

3. what are the potential effects of computerized scheduling on employee

morale? what are the consequences of these effects for wal-mart?

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
So, do I need to incorporate the questions in to the 4-5 page paper? Thanks, BMW
Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
Hi there-
I may be confused, but I thought this was a bunch of questions on Second Life. I have attached that answer here as I cannot find the actual question? Please be sure to ACCEPT when satisfied, and a bonus for excellent work is greatly appreciated! Thank you! BMW Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes!!!

this is the case study question ch 1-4 that I sent you

do you see the question that I sent you thanks which is due on 6/11/11

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
I did. I will have that for you on the 11th. Thanks, BMW
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks. do you see the DB question that I have I need this tonight before 12:00 am

thanks please let me know

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
Hi-
I am working on the rest of your 4-5 page paper, and the title for chapter 3:

Can Technology Save Soldiers' Lives in Iraq? does not match the questions that ask about the auto industry. Which should I use? Thanks! BMW

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am so sorry here is the correct case study question.

Ch.3 case study question

1. what features of organizations are relevant for explaining the

performance of information systems during the iraq war?

2. what difficulties did the U.S. military forces iraq encounter with

information systems? what management, organization, and technology

factors contributed to these difficulties?

3. describe TIGR and explain why it has been so beneficial to the U.S. patrol

groups in iraq.

4. why is TIGR an example of a horizontal technology?

5. how helpful with the TIGR be in the future military campaigns? explain your answer.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
Here is your answer. Please be sure to ACCEPT when satisfied, and include the amount we agreed on, as this ended up being seven pages. As always, a bonus for excellent work is warmly appreciated! Thank you! BMW Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you suppose to number this.thanks. I do not know what is what.thanks

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok! THANKS!!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which one do you want to work on this is a group project. thanks

Hello group,

We had been getting lack of participation in this small group project. This project is due in 4 days and we have not even started. I have conducted some research already and below are some details about the project.

Computer described in the assignment was already invented and it's known as iPad. The most recent iPad 4G has all features described in the project assignment.

Let's concentrate on corporate sales and marketing using this invention. I have listed uses that this type of product can support for selected industry:

1. Wireless technology

2. Battery life

3. Speed and Portability

4. Graphics and Video presentations

5. Access to thousands of applications

6. Document and appointment management

7. Audio and Video conferencing and recording

8. Conclusion (last slide)

***Remember that each point needs to be explained.

I would work on introduction slide and first two types listed above which are Wireless technology and Battery life

Please select your options and let everyone know what you are working on. After you part is completed submit it to small group assignment project area.

Also, we will need one volunteer to combine all presentations in one PowerPoint presentation and submit it for grade by 12 am on Sunday.

From: Anthony Lockhart
Sent: Wed 6/15/2011 6:07 PM
To: Karina Rubalsky; Amy Montes; Tamer Atawneh; Monica Carson; Alice Gutierrez Lewi
Subject: RE: Small group project MGMT305-1102B-04

I keep missing everyone. Please let me know what you need for me to do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Karina Rubalsky
Sent: Wed 6/15/2011 11:14 AM
To: Amy Montes; Tamer Atawneh; Monica Carson; Alice Gutierrez Lewi; Anthony Lockhart

What are we doing? Days are passing by and we do not have a solid plan.

________________________________

From: Amy Montes
Sent: Tue 6/14/2011 8:39 AM
To: Karina Rubalsky; Tamer Atawneh; Monica Carson; Alice Gutierrez Lewi; Anthony Lockhart

It doesnt matter to me what we do i was just thinking
-Manufacturing because it would bring more research i think

________________________________

From: Karina Rubalsky
Sent: Tue 6/14/2011 5:47 AM
To: Karina Rubalsky; Tamer Atawneh; Monica Carson; Alice Gutierrez Lewi; Anthony Lockhart; Amy Montes

So far we have three people participating Alice, Amy and Karina. We also choose different topics for the project. My understanding we all need to agree on one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the assignment it says:

Based on this description, the group should develop an analysis of the impacts such a development would have on one of the following: corporate sales and marketing, manufacturing, or management consulting.

Alice -corporate sales and marketing

Amy -Manufacturing

Karina -management consulting.

________________________________

From: Karina Rubalsky
Sent: Sun 6/12/2011 2:46 PM
To: Tamer Atawneh; Monica Carson; Alice Gutierrez Lewi; Anthony Lockhart; Amy Montes; Karina Rubalsky
Subject: Small group project MGMT305-1102B-04

My name is Karina and I am a part of small group 4. Please reply to this email if you will be participating in a small group project. This project is due next Sunday and we do not have much time to work on it.

We need to work together on PowerPoint presentation and here are the project details:

Notebook Computers Prediction:

Experts predict that notebook computers soon will have 10 times the power of a current personal computer, with a touch sensitive color screen on which one can write or draw with a stylus or type when a program displays a keyboard. Each will have a small, compact, rewritable, removable CD-ROM that can store the equivalent of an encyclopedia set. In addition, the computers will have voice-recognition capabilities, including the ability to record sound and give voice responses to questions. The computer will be able to carry on a dialogue by voice, graphics, typed words, and displayed video graphics. Thus, affordable computers will be about the size of a thick pad of letter paper, and just as portable and convenient, but with the intelligence of a computer and the multimedia capabilities of a television set.

Group Assignment Details (100 points):

• Based on this description, the group should develop an analysis of the impacts such a development would have on one of the following: corporate sales and marketing, manufacturing, or management consulting.
    • List uses that this type of computer could support for whichever division selected from above.
    • Explain why you think the impact will or will not occur, cite sources when necessary, and justify your position using APA format.
    • Use PowerPoint to present your analysis.

First, we need to decide which one of the three options we are going to choose: corporate sales and marketing, manufacturing, or management consulting. Let's vote for everyone's preferences. I personally vote for management consulting.

After we determine area of concentration we can each take the part of the assignment and then consolidate it together when each part is ready.

Regards

Karina Rubalsky.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
I would feel comfortable doing the 2 slides for

3. Speed and Portability

4. Graphics and Video presentations

And I understand that it incorporates corporate sales and marketing, is that correct?

BMW