Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

.What Old World product became widely popular in Eurasia only

.What Old World product became widely popular in Eurasia only once it was cultivated in the New World? A. Tobacco B. Potatoes C. Sugar D. Cacao 2.During the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, the major reason for the high death rate among Native Americans from disease was A. overwork. B. warfare. C. malnutrition. D. lack of immunities. 3.Religious reform in Mongolia under Altan Khan was guided by A. Jesuits. B. Hindu priests. C. Muslim scholars. D. Tibetan Buddhists. 4.In North America, what was the "black gold" of the far north? A. African slaves. B. a special kind of gold ore that was only found in those regions. C. cod. D. furs. 5.At the end of the eighteenth century, _______ had the largest economy in the world. A. India B. Spain C. China D. Britain 6.One critical factor in the rapid success of the Spanish in conquering the Aztecs and the Inca that has been overlooked is the role of A. superior Spanish technology. B. native belief in the idea that the Spaniards were gods. C. native resentment against the Aztec and the Inca. D. disease. 7.Although Chinese emperors were theoretically unlimited in their authority, during the reign of the emperor Zhengde his administration A. insisted that he go on a military campaign. B. went on strike. C. deposed him. D. joined a violent rebellion against him. 8.For most people, the religious revival of the eighteenth century focused on A. feelings and enthusiasm. B. returning to organized religions that had successfully dealt with public corruption. C. a scientific and reasoned approach to faith. D. individual study of the scriptures. 9.What was a key discovery during the early sixteenth century that made regular trade possible across the Atlantic Ocean? A. Longitude B. Square sails C. Monsoonal winds D. The Gulf Stream 10.The most important factor in the British conquest of India during the eighteenth century was the A. willingness of the British government to pay for an invasion. B. political disunity in India. C. addiction of millions of Indians to opium. D. superiority of British arms. 11.The major contribution of the French philosopher Rene Descartes was in the realm of A. chemistry. B. physics. C. epistemology. D. astronomy. 12.The Manchu imposed their own culture on the Chinese after the establishment of the Qing dynasty in 1644 by making A. the Chinese shave their hair. B. their language the official language of China. C. Manchu culture predominant throughout China. D. all Chinese dress in the Manchu fashion. 13.Which of the following best explains the lack of cholera outbreaks in Japan? A. Early introduction of sewage treatment plants B. Their use of human waste as fertilizer C. Their culture of strict personal hygiene D. Their tradition of tea drinking 14.Ignatius Loyola was a A. priest who became a leader of the Inquisition in Spain. B. soldier who founded the Jesuits. C. wandering ascetic who founded the Franciscans. D. disillusioned monk who founded the Dominican Order. 15.During the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, Japan was the world's leading producer of A. silver. B. rhubarb. C. porcelain. D. pepper. 16.On gaining independence from Portugal in 1822, Brazil became a A. republic. B. federal state. C. democracy. D. monarchy. 17.The Dutch and the French succeeded in overtaking Arabia in the production of A. cloves. B. pepper. C. coffee. D. silk. 18.The French philosopher Voltaire was attracted to Confucianism because he A. regarded it as substitute for organized religion. B. felt that it pointed to an alternative to absolute monarchy. C. believed it promoted universal access to education. D. found it full of material he could ridicule in his satirical writings. 19.Which social class suffered most during the early Tokugawa period? A. Peasants B. Samurai C. Daimyo 20.The main reason Louis XVI of France called the Estates General into session in 1789 was A. a war with England. B. because of pressure from the church. C. as a result of Enlightenment ideals. D. a financial crisis.
At the end of the eighteenth century, _______ had the largest economy in the world.

A. India
B. China
C. Spain
D. Britain

2.The major contribution of the French philosopher Rene Descartes was in the realm of

A. astronomy.
B. physics.
C. epistemology.
D. chemistry.

3.During the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, Japan was the world's leading producer of

A. pepper.
B. silver.
C. rhubarb.
D. porcelain.

4.In most cases, the first Muslims to spread Islam into new areas of Africa were

A. monks.
B. merchants.
C. warriors.
D. missionaries.

5.During the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, the major reason for the high death rate among Native Americans from disease was

A. lack of immunities.
B. malnutrition.
C. overwork.
D. warfare.

6.The Americas didn't provide Europeans with added

A. land.
B. natural resources.
C. technological skill.
D. labor.

7.One of the most effective forms of resistance that slaves employed against their masters was

A. open rebellion.
B. earning money to buy their freedom.
C. not having children.
D. working slowly.

8.The Treaty of Westphalia of 1648

A. ended civil wars throughout Europe.
B. came close to establishing the power of the Roman Church in England.
C. ended the wars of religion through a policy of tolerance.
D. gave rulers the right to impose their religion upon their subjects.

9.The French philosopher Voltaire was attracted to Confucianism because he

A. felt that it pointed to an alternative to absolute monarchy.
B. regarded it as substitute for organized religion.
C. found it full of material he could ridicule in his satirical writings.
D. believed it promoted universal access to education.

10.The vast majority of slaves shipped from Western Africa
went to XXXXX
B. Spanish America.
C. British North America.
D. India.

11.Probably the most lasting contribution of Napoleon's rule was

A. abolishing the aristocracy and subordinating the church to the state.
B. redrawing the map of Europe.
C. his legal code.
D. his understanding of the role of the military.

12.In North America, what was the "black gold" of the far north?

A. cod.
B. furs.
C. a special kind of gold ore that was only found in those regions.
D. African slaves.

13.One of the main reasons that the British developed a massive trade in opium with China was

A. to force the Chinese to open diplomatic and trade negotiations.
B. to correct a long-term trade deficit.
C. because opium couldn't be sold in Europe.
D. to create millions of addicts and weaken the country.

14.What practice was key to the success of the Mughals in ruling over India?

A. High taxation and public spending
B. Moderate taxes and public spending
C. An emphasis on peaceful relations between states
D. Low taxation and a reliance on self-initiative

15.By 1800, the number of African slaves that had been imported to the Americas was about _______ million.

A. 4
B. 6
C. 2.5
D. 7.5

16.What was a key discovery during the early sixteenth century that made regular trade possible across the Atlantic Ocean?

A. Square sails
B. Longitude
C. The Gulf Stream
D. Monsoonal winds

17.The most important factor in the British conquest of India during the eighteenth century was the

A. political disunity in India.
B. willingness of the British government to pay for an invasion.
C. superiority of British arms.
D. addiction of millions of Indians to opium.

18.On gaining independence from Portugal in 1822, Brazil became a

A. federal state.
B. republic.
C. monarchy.
D. democracy.

19.The state that Europeans came to eye like greedy creditors around a rich man's deathbed was the _______ Empire.

A. Ottoman
B. Persian
C. Austrian
D. Russian

20.Although Chinese emperors were theoretically unlimited in their authority, during the reign of the emperor Zhengde his administration

A. insisted that he go on a military campaign.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Kathy :

I will work on these questions tonight. Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Attached are your answers. I hope they help.Please press the accept button if you are satisfy with them, so I can be compensated for my services. Thanks

Answers

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if you were able to upload the document.Please press the accept button if you are satisfy with your response, so I can be compensated for my services. Thanks
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
I found the answer in the text book The World a Brief History by Felipe Fernandez Armesto, on page 544 within the following paragraph " The Ottomans' difficulties can be measured in their loss of prestige. Europeans began to eye the sultans' possessions like greedy creditors around a rich man's deathbed"(Fernandez,F., 2008). Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One critical factor in the rapid success of the Spanish in conquering the Aztecs and the Inca that has been overlooked is the role of A. superior Spanish technology. B. native belief in the idea that the Spaniards were gods. C. native resentment against the Aztec and the Inca. D. disease

kathy can you tell me where you found this please.. you answered D

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Sure let me find it in the book. Thanks
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Page 506 Last paragraph -Historians have often supposed that the trauma of conquest, and the catastrophic diseases Europeans introduced shocked Native Americans into docility.- Also Page 507 in the first paragraph speaks about how war and disease wiped out much of the former generations of leaders. Thanks
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok np