Alex
Alex, Engineer
Experience:  BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
50749495

Different types of procedures are performed for the Digestive,

Customer Question

Different types of procedures are performed for the Digestive, Urinary, Male Genital, Reproductive Systems, and Maternity and Delivery Care; there are different modifiers used to further define these procedures. Provide an example of where an add on code and primary code are used to define two or more procedures from any of the systems or body areas
Category: Homework
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
Assume you're looking for ICD9. Just two codes and modifiers or two for each system mentioned?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Alex! Actually I am looking for CPT codes with the modifiers.
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
Yes. That's what I thought. Thanks!
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What are the add on codes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is Coding with modifier & supplemental codes that is what I am looking for.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Example: For the urinary system there is an add-on code that is used for intra-abdominal voiding pressure studies. This CPT code is 51797 and it is used with CPT codes 51728 and 51729. If the patient has a bladder voiding pressure study done then it would be coded with CPT code 51728 and if they had an intra-abdominal voiding pressure study done also then CPT code 51797 needs to be coded also
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!