Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Choose at least five (5) of the twelve (12) course learning

Customer Question

Imagine that a newly engaged couple hears that you are currently taking a course in Interpersonal Communication and wants advice for their relationship. Based on what you have learned in this course, what kind of advice would you give them regarding how to effectively use interpersonal communication in their relationship?

Choose at least five (5) of the twelve (12) course learning outcomes below to help guide your letter: For each of the five learning outcomes that you use, create a separate section with a heading that reflects the learning outcome that you are using. Explain the principles and misconceptions in effective interpersonal communications. Identify the barriers to effective interpersonal interactions. Describe the process by which self-concept is developed and maintained. Assess their personal communications and improve their communication competencies. Develop strategies for active, critical, and empathic listening. Recognize how words have the power to create and affect attitudes, behavior, and perception. Understand how perceptions, emotions, and nonverbal expression affect interpersonal relationships. Define emotional intelligence and its role in effective interpersonal relationships. Evaluate appropriate levels of self-disclosure in relationships. Describe strategies for managing interpersonal conflicts. Recognize how self-concept and defensive and supportive messages and behaviors create positive and negative communication climates. Understand the impact of gender and culture on interpersonal communications. Write an eight to ten page paper (excluding title and reference pages) in the form of a letter. In this paper, address at least five concepts to discuss (choose the concepts that you feel are most important to successful communication within interpersonal relationships). Your advice cannot be based on your own opinions; you must back up your advice with research. This may include readings from this course or from outside sources. In total, your paper must include at least five (5) sources with at least two (2) from ProQuest. This is a formal paper and should include proper grammar, complete sentences, appropriate paragraphs, and correct citations/references in proper APA style. However, you will write this paper in the format of a letter to the newly engaged couple and may address the couple throughout the paper. For example: “Dear XXXXX and Tim, my advice to you for a successful relationship is…” Along with explaining the communication concepts and including the research, you may also use your personal experiences to explain the research and advice that you are offering.

Category: Homework
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
NEEDED IT BY MONDAY 6/6/11