Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

84) A local retail shop has been operating as a sole proprietorship.

Customer Question

84) A local retail shop has been operating as a sole proprietorship. The business is growing and now the owner wants to incorporate. Which of the following is not a reason for this owner to incorporate?

A. the ease in transferring shares of the corporation’s stock
B. ability to raise capital for expansion
C. desire to limit the owner’s personal liability
D. the prestige of operating as a corporation

85) _____ are profitability ratios.

A. Price earnings and current ratio
B. Gross profit rate and return on sales
C. Dividend payout and rate of return in invested capital
D. Earnings per share and dividend yield

86) Which of the following is not one of the Caux Round Table Principles for International Business?

A. Responsibility of Business Beyond Shareholders Toward Stakeholders.
B. Support for Multilateral Trade.
C. Promotion of Multiculturalism.
D. Respect for the Environment.
E. Avoidance of Illicit Operations.

87) Which social responsibility theory has been advocated by Novel Prizewinning economist Milton Friedman?

A. Corporate social audit
B. Moral minimum
C. Stakeholder interest
D. Corporate citizenship
E. Maximizing profits

88) Which country does the text describe as becoming the largest producer and consumer of many of the world's goods?

A. Ecuador
B. Canada
C. Mexico
D. China
E. Japan

89) One study found that manufacturing labor costs about ___ an hour in China, compared to ____ dollars in the United States.

A. Less than $1; about 40
B. About $2; about 15
C. Less than $1; about 25
D. $2; about 25
E. Less than $1; about 15

90) Although the U.S. has had a longstanding agreement with ___________, after the passage of NAFTA, _________ became the United States' second largest trading partner.

A. Canada, Venezuela
B. Canada, Mexico
C. Mexico, Canada
D. Mexico, Venezuela
E. Great Britain, Paraguay

91) Which of the following statements is generally NOT true about state intermediate appellate courts?

A. The appellate court allows the parties to introduce new evidence so long as it was not previously introduced at the original trial.
B. The appellate court reviews the record of the trial court.
C. The appellate court usually allows the parties to file briefs outlining support for their positions.
D. The appellate court allows the parties to make oral arguments outlining their position.

92) Which article of the United States Constitution deals with the judicial power of the federal government?

A. Article V.
B. Article II.
C. Article III.
D. Article IV.
E. Article I.

93) When movie ticket prices increase, families tend to spend less time watching movies and more time at home watching videos instead. This best reflects:

A. the substitution effect.
B. the income effect.
C. diminishing marginal utility.
D. the rationing function of markets.

94) If consumer incomes increase, the demand for product Y will _____________.

A. shift to the right if Y is a normal good
B. shift to the right if Y is a complementary good
C. necessarily remain unchanged

95) The force behind globalization in _____ was the amount of muscle, horsepower, wind power, or steam power that a country could deploy.

A. None of these
B. Globalization 2.0
C. Globalization 1.0
D. Globalization 3.0

96) The Global, Web-Based Platform enables individuals to do which of the following?

A. all of these answers are correct
B. exchange knowledge
C. access information, services, and entertainment
D. connect, compute, communicate, collaborate, and compete everywhere and all the time
E. produce and sell goods and services

97) Which of the following is NOT a function of functional area information systems?

A. provides analysis capabilities to middle level managers and staff
B. provides information mainly in the form of reports
C. supports the managerial tasks of planning, organizing, and controlling operations
D. provides information to managers in the functional areas
E. provides data from business events to the corporate database

98) A ________ has been defined as being a coordinated collection of data, systems, tools, and techniques with supporting software and hardware by which an organization gathers and interprets relevant information from business and environment and turns it into a basis for marketing action.

A. database management system
B. marketing decision support system
C. marketing intelligence system
D. marketing information system
E. marketing research system

99) ________ is a qualitative research approach for getting inside a consumer’s mind and finding out what they are thinking or feeling (e.g., a consumer says that the John Deere brand makes them think of a rugged Midwestern male who is hard-working and trustworthy).

A. Visualization
B. Brand personification
C. A p
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

84. D. the prestige of operating as a corporation

85. B. Gross profit rate and return on sales

86. C. Promotion of Multiculturalism.

87. D. Corporate citizenship

88. D. China

89. C. Less than $1; about 25

90. B. Canada, Mexico

91. A. The appellate court allows the parties to introduce new evidence so long as it was not previously introduced at the original trial.

92. C. Article III.

93. A. the substitution effect.

94. A. shift to the right if Y is a normal good

95. C. Globalization 1.0

96. D. connect, compute, communicate, collaborate, and compete everywhere and all the time

97. E. provides data from business events to the corporate database

98. B. marketing decision support system

99. B. Brand personification

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am missing 82, 83 and 100. I need these answers before I can accept
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Go ahead and post the three missing questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

82) _____ are sections of the balance sheet.

A. Assets, liabilities, and owners' equity

B. Revenues, assets, and liabilities

C. Assets, liabilities, and expenses

D. Expenses, revenues, and owners' equity

83) The proprietorship form of business organization

A. is classified as a separate legal entity.

B. must have at least two owners in most states.

C. generally receives favorable tax treatment relative to a corporation.

D. combines the records of the business with the personal records of the owner.

100) Which of the following statements is true concerning the applicability of attitudes in understanding behavior?

A. A single, global measure of attitude is necessary to predict behavior

B. Behavior is affected equally by those attitudes formed via social learning and those formed via behavioral learning

C. General attitudes are the best predictors of behavior

D. Cognitive attitudes influence behavior better than affective-based attitudes

67) Incremental analysis would not be appropriate for

A. Analysis of manufacturing variances

B. elimination of an unprofitable segment.

C. a make or buy decision.

D. an allocation of limited resource decision.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.