Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
32242116

3-5 paragraphs Details XXXXX XXXXX, the CEO of Beta

Customer Question

: 3-5 paragraphs
Details:

XXXXX XXXXX, the CEO of Beta Inc., has called a management meeting to discuss a comprehensive fraud prevention program. She is very supportive of both internal audit and investigation functions and realizes it would be cost effective to have a comprehensive fraud prevention program.

The management team wants to institute several steps to create a culture of honesty and high ethics in the company. The CEO tells her that there are no limits to what they can institute
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris12 replied 3 years ago.

Chris12 :

Please read carefully and answer the questions completely for faster service. Due date and time? # XXXXX refs? Word/page length? APA? Is additional info needed to complete?

Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
Expert:  Chris12 replied 3 years ago.

Please answer my previous questions so I can get the work back to you as quickly as possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
: Need asap plz 3-5 paragraphs
Details:

The management team wants to institute several steps to create a culture of honesty and high ethics in the company. The CEO tells her that there are no limits to what they can institute in a comprehensive fraud prevention plan.

.

• What recommendations would you offer the CEO to encourage a culture of honesty, openness, and assistance?
  • Do you think that a culture of honesty, openness, and assistance can exist as suggested by Ms. Moore? Or is it a utopian idea with no understanding of how human nature works?
  • 2 refs needed no additional info required
Expert:  Chris12 replied 3 years ago.

Here's the assignment, my apologies about the delay.

How can you stop someone from being dishonest, that action is virtually impossible? Each human being on planet Earth has their own agendas about life and how to make that agenda work. There are those who are honest and follow the rules, they want to be treated fairly because they treat other people fairly. There are also those people who have decided to play outside the rules by using their talents to convince people to do for them. Human nature itself is intermixed with manipulation either on a grand scale or a subtle scale. Even honest people can manipulate in a way that is not extremely damaging but it's manipulation none the less. One of the biggest components if not the sole component of manipulation is lying which can manifest as fraudulent actions and embezzlement (Lander.edu).

In order to get humans to do what you want you must offer them an incentive most of the time. In the area of fraud prevention if Ms. Moore wants assistance from her employees she'll need to offer them something. First, make the employees understand the ramifications if fraud occurs. The company will lose money which will affect the salaries and benefits of the employees. The incentives should be benefit based only not monetary. The increased benefits should be free gas for one month, free groceries for one month and even free child care for one month. Speak to the everyday needs of the employees, that will get their attention. Second, provide a private means to contact you about any fraudulent activities such as a hotline or a e-mail address. The informants must feel safe or they may never come forward with information

(Fraudessentials.com).

It is unrealistic to think that fraud can be prevented all the time, it is safe to say that it can be deterred. When someone is motivated enough he or she will find a way to do things. A completely honest environment in conjunction with human nature would be very difficult if not impossible to maintain. Human beings have their own morals and ethics or lack of. Again Ms. Moore can simply put the incentives out their for the employees and hope that they will respond.

References

Fraudessentials.com. Fraud Prevention. Retrieved May 26, 2011, from http://www.fraudessentials.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=4

Lander.edu. Ethical Egoism. Retrieved May 26, 2011, from http://philosophy.lander.edu/ethics/ethical_ego.html