Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1.What happens when the mass of either of the balls is increased

1.What happens when the mass of either of the balls is increased in the simulation? a) The balls decrease in size b) The balls increase in size c) The balls increase in speed d). Nothing in either of the chambers changes 2. What happens when the temperature on the red side of the chamber is lowered in the simulation? a. The red balls decrease in speed b. The red balls increase in speed c. The speed of the red balls does not change d. The red balls increase in size 3. Under which of the following conditions would the size of the balls be the largest in the simulation? a. When the mass is set at 2 amu for both the red and blue sides b. When the mass is set at 50 amu for both the red and blue sides c. When the mass is set at 100 amu for both the red and blue sides d. When the mass is set at 199 amu for both the red and blue sides 4. What happens when the number of balls is increased in the simulation? a. The balls have less room to move around so they get into more collisions b. The balls increase in speed c. The internal pressure decreases d. The balls increase in size 5. Under which of the following conditions would the most collisions occur? a. When the number of particles is set at 1 for both the red and blue sides b. When the number of particles is set at 25 for both the red and blue sides c. When the number of particles is set at 50 for both the red and blue sides d. When the number of particles is set at 99 for both the red and blue sides 6. Under which of the following conditions would result in the highest internal pressure in the chambers? a. When the temperature is set at 10 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 1 for both the red and blue sides b. When the temperature is set at 10 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 25 for both the red and blue sides c. When the temperature is set at 10 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 50 for both the red and blue sides d. When the temperature is set at 10 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 99 for both the red and blue sides 7. How does lowering the temperature of the chambers in the simulation change the speed at which the molecules move? a. The balls move slower b. The balls move faster c. There is no change in the speed of the balls d. t causes the balls to increase in size 8. Under which of the following conditions would the balls reach equilibrium (mix), most quickly? a. When the temperature is set at 10 K for both the red and blue sides b. When the temperature is set at 5000 K for both red and blue sides c. When the temperature is set at 10 K for the red side and 5000 K for the blue side d. When the temperature is set at 9990 K for both the red and blue sides 9. Under which of the following conditions would the balls move the slowest? a. When the temperature is set at 10 K for both the red and blue sides b. When the temperature is set at 2500 K for both the red and blue sides c. When the temperature is set at 5000 K for both the red and blue sides d. When the temperature is set at 9990 K for both the red and blue sides 10. Which of the following examples would contain the fastest moving particles? a.A pot of Boiling water b.A dish of ice cream c.A popsicle d.A cup of coffee 11. It takes much longer for 40,000 gallons of water in a stream to move down a hill when it is frozen in the middle of the winter than it does as a liquid in the middle of summer. Why does it take more time for the water to move when it is frozen? a. The molecules in the water move more quickly when they are frozen in the winter b. The molecules in the water move at the same rate in the summer as they do in the winter c. The molecules in the water move more slowly when they are frozen in the winter d. The molecules in the water move more slowly when they are a fluid in the summer. 12. Under which of the following temperatures would a spoonful of honey dissolve at the slowest rate in a cup of tea? a. When the tea is at 450 F b. When the tea is at 750 F c. When the tea is at 1000 F d. When the tea is at 2000 F 13. When making a cup of hot cocoa, the instructions indicate that you should heat the milk before adding the chocolate powder. Based on what you’ve learned in the molecules lab, why are you instructed to heat the milk? a. Increasing the temperature makes the milk taste better b.Increasing the temperature causes the molecules in the milk to move more slowly which encourages mixing c.Increasing the temperature causes the molecules in the milk to move more quickly which encourages mixing d.Increasing the temperature does not change the behavior of the molecules in the milk in any way 14. If you opened up a container of very stinky Limburger cheese on a windless day at one end of a large outdoor parking lot with a group of shoppers 50 feet away, at what air temperature would you be able to eat your snack the longest without offending the shoppers with its smell? (Points : 6) When the air temperature is at 00 F When the air temper
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question

1. The balls increase in size

2. The red balls decrease in speed

3. When the mass is set at 199 amu for both the red and blue sides

4. The balls have less room to move around so they get into more collisions

5. When the number of particles is set at 99 for both the red and blue sides

6. When the temperature is set at 1 degree K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 99 for both the red and blue sides

7. The balls move slower

8. When the temperature is set at 999 degrees K for both the red and blue sides

9. When the temperature is set at 1 degree K for both the red and blue sides

10. A pot of boiling water

11. The molecules in the water move more slowly when they are frozen in the winter

12. When the tea is at 45 degrees F

13. Increasing the temperature causes the molecules in the milk to move more quickly which encourages mixing

14. This question got cut short, but the answer would be the choice that is the lowest temperature.

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I truly appreciate you response,but as you know two questions got cut off I have posted them below This is multiple choice Thanks very much!!!!!!:

If you opened up a container of very stinky Limburger cheese on a windless day at one end of a large outdoor parking lot with a group of shoppers 50 feet away, at what air temperature would you be able to eat your snack the longest without offending the shoppers with its smell?
When the air temperature is at 00 F
When the air temperature is at 300 F
When the air temperature is at 600 F
When the air temperature is at 900 F

There is an outdoor smoking area, near a bus stop, that is used by the same people every day at lunch time. Will the smoke from the cigarettes be more noticeable to the people waiting for the bus on a windless day in the middle of summer OR on a windless day in the middle of winter?

The cooler temperatures in winter make the molecules larger so it takes less time for the smoke to reach you

There will be no difference - people will smell the smoke at the same time regardless of the season

The warmer temperatures in summer make the molecules more active and move more quickly so it takes less time for the smoke to reach you

The cooler temperatures in winter makes noses stuffy so people will not smell the smoke from the cigarettes

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.