GeologyTutor
GeologyTutor, Geologist
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Tutored many high school and college students. Sciences and Religion
10868375

I have a final assignment due on May 28, 2011.

Customer Question

I have a final assignment due on May 28, 2011. Final Project: UNESCO Paper • Resource: Appendix A • Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper assessing the ecological property you chose for your final paper. Identify the ecological uniqueness of the plant and animal life in your chosen property and address the following: o Describe the diversity of life forms found in the area. o Describe the biological interrelationships among the life forms in the area. o The human intrusions threatening the area. o The protections that exist to safeguard and preserve the area. o The efforts that have been made to further this preservation. o What an individual can do to help preserve the diversity of the area. o What additional measures to insure the preservation of the property would you propose? o What will be lost if intrusion goes unchecked? Appeal to the biological diversity. • Format your paper, in-text citations, and references according to APA standards. • Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment. I have chosen to write about 'The Rainforests of Atsinanana in Madagascar' I have four websites that I picked out and need to be used at least once each for paper. Here they are: Unesco. (2010). Rainforests of the Atsinanana. Retrieved from http://whc.unesco.org/en/danger GVI. (2011). Madagascar Conservation Project. Retrieved from http://www.gvi.co.uk/projects/africa/madagascar/madagascar-conservation-community/home UNEP-WCMC. (2007). World Heritage Sites: . Retrieved from http://www.unep-wcmc.org/sites/wh/pdf/ATSINANANA.pdf Paw Madagascar. (2010). Projects for Animal Welfare. Retrieved from http://pawmadagascar.blogspot.com/2010/11/madagascars-atsinanana-rainforest-is.html And here is site naming some of the animal lifeforms in Madagascar. Wild Madagascar.org. (2011). Madagascar. Retrieved from http://www.wildmadagascar.org/wildlife/animals.html I also need this answer locked and will give bonus for paper that is original as possible. If I could get this paper back by May 26, 2011 in order to double-check it over and personalise it, I would be grateful. Can anyone help me? Please.
Category: Homework
Expert:  GeologyTutor replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I've started on your paper, but I was wondering if you had to turn in a rough draft or outline for this assignment. If you did, I could use part of that information. If not, no worries. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did have to do a rough outline. Plus she gave us an Appendix listing critical points to include. Here it is.- I have copied and pasted the whole thing.

Describe the diversity of life forms found in the area.

25 species of lemur including , Golden Bamboo Lemur which is on the critically endangered species list, Aye-Aye lemur, mouse lemur, pygmy lemur,. Rosy Periwinkle plant, which can only be found in the Madagascar Rainforests. RoseXXXXX, XXXXX, and nine plant families found nowhere else, but Madagascar. The tomato frog, Tenrec, and the nocturnal "Fossa" or Malagasy Civet. 258 bird species, 38 of which are endemic, one of which is the Blue Coua. There are half of the worlds population of 150 species of chameleon in Madagascar. Insects are Comet Moth, Pill Millipede, Flatid Leaf bugs. Elephant Birds, which are now extinct.

Describe the biological interrelationships among the life forms in the area.

The Aye-Aye lemur feeds on insect larvae that it finds by tapping on a tree with its long middle finger. The "Fossa" or Malagasy Civet is a carnivore and feeds on everything form reptiles to smaller animals, including chickens form nearby villages. The Tenrec feeds on insects and is much like a tiny, colorful hedgehog. The Pill Millipede eats decaying leaves and other dead plant material.

The human intrusions threatening the area.

Illegal logging is being permitted in Madagascars Rainforests. Some animals are being hunted to extinction for their unusual characteristics, such as the elephant bird, which went extinct about a hundred years ago, and was hunted down by humans and also experienced habitat loss. The Fossa is endangered for being hunted down by local villagers as vermin, though it is the largest predator in Madagascar. The Aye-Aye is endangered because of habitat loss and local superstition that it is bad luck has caused it to be targeted and hunted down by local villagers. Deforestation has caused many animals, reptiles, and other creatures to experience loss of habitat.

The protections that exist to safeguard and preserve the area.

The Rainforests of Madagascar did not have many efforts taken to protect them or preserve them for many years. Which is how some animals they used to have were hunted to extinction. The Government took to promoting tourism in attempt to save rainforests and boost economy.

The efforts that have been made to further this preservation.

Rainforests are being declared National Parks and tourist areas, in which the Agence Nationale pour la Gestion des Aires Protégées, the manager of all parks, shares part of the revenue with the local villages and communities that are around the parks. UNESCO declared the Rainforests of Atsinanana to be World Heritage in order to preserve the remaining Forests and life. Create effective control of agricultural encroachment and illegal logging, hunting and mining.

What an individual can do to help preserve the diversity of the area.

Use of technology and science to help conserve and study remaining animals in Madagascar. Identify and categorise animals, plants, and insects and reptiles in the Rainforests in order to keep track of them. Donate to the BodDiversity Fund created to help Madagascar implement its plan to triple the protected area coverage, which currently is 2.7 percent of Madagascar's land.

Reference Page

Wild Madagascar.org. (2011). Madagascar. Retrieved from http://www.wildmadagascar.org/wildlife/animals.html

The 25 richest and most threatened hotspots on the earth: Retrieved May 14, 2011, from Axia College, SCI/230, Appendix A, and http://www.biodiversityhotspots.org/xp/Hotspots%20

United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. (2010). World Heritage Convention. Retrieved from http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1257

That is the outline and the references for the info I put into the rough draft.

Here is Appendix A-

Final Project Overview

• 1.Research an ecological property on the World Heritage in Danger List on the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Web site at http://whc.unesco.org/en/danger Research the property using sources other than the UNESCO site. (Some places on the World Heritage in Danger List are not natural properties. Do not use cultural, archeological, or architectural sites for this project.)
  • 2. Locate at least three Web sites or references other than the UNESCO Web site.
  • 3. Approach this project from the perspective of someone searching for funding to support preservation programs.
  • 4. Create an outline in Week Seven to help organize the information for your final paper that identifies the ecological uniqueness of the plant and animal life in your chosen property. Your outline must address the following:

• Describe the diversity of life forms found in the area.
  • Describe the biological interrelationships among the life forms in the area.
  • The human intrusions threatening the area.
  • The protections that exist to safeguard and preserve the area.
  • The efforts that have been made to further this preservation.
  • What an individual can do to help preserve the diversity of the area.

• 5. Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper expanding on the topics researched for your UNESCO Research Outline. Address the following in the final paper:

• What additional measures to insure the preservation of the property would you propose?
  • What will be lost if intrusion goes unchecked? Appeal to the biological diversity.
  • 6. Use at least three Web sites or references other than the UNESCO Web site.
  • 7. Cite your references in APA format.

Final Project Timeline

Assessment milestones are implemented throughout this course to help you budget your time wisely and work on your project throughout the course. As outlined below, some suggestions are made to assist you in creating your final research project. If you complete these suggestions, you will be on the right track to complete your project successfully.

• ¨ Due in Week Three: Submit the UNESCO Research Exercise due at the end of this week. Search the UNESCO Web site for an endangered property and locate at least three Web sites or references other than the UNESCO Web site to further research your specific property.

• ¨ Due in Week Seven: Submit the UNESCO Research Outline assignment due at the end of this week. Address all topics presented in the syllabus for this assignment.

•¨ Due in Week Nine: Submit the UNESCO Paper assignment to complete the final project, due on Day 7 of this week.

If there is anything else you need to know, please don't hesitate to ask and thank you so much for helping me. I know all these references cannot be used, but this way, you can see what I was looking at and going over. Thank you! :D

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you still going to be the one to do this for me? I was just wondering.
Yes, I will do this. The outline is a huge help. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you! XXXXX will check in each day,to see if you have posted it or have another question. Thank you so much!!! :D
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HI! Are you still working on my paper? I was wondering because I checked in today and it said relist beside this question and answer between us. Everything is still ok isn't it?
Every thing is fine. I am still working on it. The system may ask you to relist after a couple of days. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. Thank you. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The system wanted me to relist again. But, I am happy waiting for you. Hope all is ok. Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HI. I was wondering how you were progressing with this assignment. :)
Hope to have it done early afternoon. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Early afternoon on the 27th? Either way, that is great and thank you so much. Laughing

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello. This is the evening of the 27. I was wondering, is the paper done yet? I really need it no later than the 28. Please. :(
I am typing up the last page and references right now.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
GeologyTutor, Geologist
Experience: Professional Geologist, Tutored many high school and college students. Sciences and Religion
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This paper looks fantastic!!!! I cannot thank you enough! Smile I will go over it and personalise it. You must have worked so very hard on this. I am giving you a bonus too, cause I read this paper and saw how much effort went into writing it. Thank you so much!!! :D

I was wondering, do you think I should re-write some if it in my own words?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. I hit accept, but it is not registering on my questions page, though it registers right above here. And I tried to put in a bonus and the screen said they are having service issues or something like that. So, I am going to wait five minutes and try again. You are getting a bonus though. :D
Thank you so much! You shouldn't have to re-write any of it unless you just want to add your own 'voice' to the tone of it. I'm glad you liked it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You really made my year with this paper. I will remember to request you for any future assignments. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still cannot add a bonus. It keeps saying there is a problem on the site. Maybe you could mention it to justanswer so they can get it fixed. I will keep trying to add the bonus though. You deserve it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI. I changed some of the report into my words, but I still got a notice that I will not receive grade for this as it is not my origianl work. I dont understand.

I'm not sure why. I wonder if the paper was searchable because of posting on this website? It was an original paper, I can assure you of that.