It appears that your post got cut short. Could you post the remaining questions, starting with #16?
16. Which one of the following does not correlate positively with economic growth?
A. Output per capita
B. The literacy rate
C. Life expectancy
D. The percentage of the population engaged in agriculture
17. As of the year 2006, which one of the following countries had the largest share of total world exports?
C. United States
18. The equation of exchange suggests that, if the supply and velocity of money remain unchanged, an increase in the physical volume of goods and services produced will cause
A. the unemployment rate to rise.
B. a decline in the price level.
C. the Federal Reserve Banks to sell securities in the open market.
D. an automatic budget deficit.
19. Which one of the following statements is correct under the theory of supply-side economics?
A. Transfer payments increase incentives to work.
B. Increases in social security taxes and other business taxes shift the aggregate supply curve to the right.
C. The Federal Reserve should adhere to a monetary rule that limits increases in the money supply to a 5 percent annual rate.
D. High marginal tax rates severely discourage work, saving, and investment.
20. In the U.S. balance of payments, U.S. purchases of assets abroad are a(n)
A. current account item.
B. U.S. dollar outflow.
C. U.S. dollar inflow.