Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Introduction to Psychology C04V 1. Teenage mothers who are

Introduction to Psychology C04V
1. Teenage mothers who are accustomed to existing on hamburgers, French fries, and
cokes need to consider the nutritional needs of the child. Research has shown that
a poor diet can:

a. restrict the development of eye and hair color.
b. produce prenatal hearing loss.
c. have adverse effects on the child's mental development.
d. make delivery difficult for the mother.

2. when Kevin started his car in the parking lot, he also turned on the radio th his
favorite station. As he entered the street next to the campus, he turned the radio up
due to the increased background noise in the car. Entering the highway, he again
increased the volume until he could hear the music clearly. Driving into the driveway
at home, he saw his mother watering her roses in the front yard. "Kevin! Turn down that radio. We are going to be deaf before you are twenty five!" she instructed as he
open the car door. He had not noticed how very loud the radio was until she mentioned it. Kevin had experienced:

a. absolute threshold constancy
b. Weber's Law.
c. sensory adaptation.
d. sensor deprivation.

3. Classical and operant conditioning both result in learning, but are quite different in that: (page 183-191)

a. classical conditioning is an artificial process, while operant conditioning is only
found outside of laboratory.
b. classical conditioning tends to increase behavior, while operant conditioning
decreases behavior.
c. classical conditioning broadens the types of responses, while operant conditioning may increase or decrease responses.
d. classical conditioning is an involuntary process, while operant conditioning is
voluntary.

4. "Tell me how to put it together!" Kent demanded. "I can't." Alvin complained. "I know how to do it, but I can't just tell you or write it down. It just all comes together one
step after another. "Alvin is attempting to explain:

a. the importance of timing in semantic memory.
b. the difference between declarative and procedural memory.
c. the primacy and recency effect.
d. the effect of aging on memory.

5. The disadvantages of group intelligence tests include that:

a. all test takers must wait until all registered individuals arrive.
b. proctors are often inconsistent and allow some test takers a longer time to respond
or to take testing breaks.
c. some test takers talk to themselves and disturbs others.
d. some test takers are more motivated to perform at their highest level in a one-one
testing situation.

6. It may be difficult to soothe a crying baby who needs to be fed and changed with cuddling and toys. The strength of the physical needs in this situation support:

a. secondary drive approach theory.
b. the incentive approach to motivation.
c. Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
d. the level of arousal approach to motivation.

7. The biosocial approach suggests that gender differences are based on:

a. the hormone and neurological differences between men and women.
b. how men and women think about their environment.
c. the physical ability of men to protect the home and of women to bear children.
d. the cognitive ability of men to solve problems and of women to organize the home.

8. The research of Solomon Asch revealed that:

a. participants in the study conformed to the erroneous group response in one-half of the trials.
b. all participants in the study conformed to the erroneous group response in each trial.
c. participants in the study conformed to the erroneous group response in one-third of the trials.
d. ninety percent of the participants refused to conform to the erroneous group response throughout the trials.

9. Kevin hates his job, his girl friend dropped him, and he had a headache this morning
from staying up too late eating hamburgers and drinking beer by himself.He has
decided to initiate a new attack today and take control of his life. he will find a new
job, forget the girlfriend, and improve his life style. By the end of the day, he has
scheduled three interviews, eaten properly, and plans to retire early. He is still
working on "forgetting." Kevin is beginning:

a. a personal rescue.
b. to cope with his problems.
c. to respond to decreased stress.
d. to rebound from isolation.
10. "He is never going to change.He is set in his ways," the client complained."Let's
think about it. Does this hurt you or him?" The therapist is applying.

a. a cognitive treatment approach.
b. a behavioral therapy.
c. psychodynamic therapy.
d. contingency contracting.

Business Communication 1 C02V

1. Many organizational situations involve an audience that consists of a group of
people. Which is an appropriate approach to analyzing this type of audience?

a. Rely on the fact that generalizations are true for all members of a group
b. Disregard demographic information to avoid stereotyping people
c. Avoid making any generalizations at all since group members are individuals
d. Identify things that the members of the group have in common /

2. It is the case that good communicators advance more quickly in the company.
Which of the following would be the best revision of this sentence?

a. "Good communicators advance more quickly in the company."
b. "It is true that good communicators advance more rapidly in the company."
c. "There is evidence that has shown that good communicators advance more rapidly in the company."
d. "It is the case that good communicators advance faster in the company."

3. During a group meeting when they are each reading a draft of their formal report,
Madiha and Anne realize that sometimes they have used the word "there" correctly
and sometimes the word should be "their." They use their word processor's "find"
feature to help them locate all the places they used "there" so they can determine if
it is correct or not. Which part of the writing process does this activity represent?

a. Planning
b. Gathering
c. Revising
d. Editing /

4. You ask for feedback on a proposal and are told "I don't believe your claims. Your
facts must be wrong. "You are confident that your facts are indeed correct. You should:

a. write a meno to the proofreader's supervisor before sending the final proposal.
b. make your claims more moderate because you must adapt your message to the audience.
c. document the source of your acts and give more information to back up your
claims.
d. delay sending the proposal until the reader's reaction changes.

5. "Investors and their wives" is considered sexist because:

a. investors may be female. /
b. not all investors are married.
c. "investors" refers only to women.
d. business documents should not mention people's lives outside work.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying 3 €.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)