Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Accounting review quiz 1. Notes Receivable and Accounts

Customer Question

Accounting review quiz

1. Notes Receivable and Accounts Receivable can also be called trade receivables. (Points: 1)
True
False

2. Receivables from company owners and officers should be disclosed separately on the balance sheet. (Points: 1)
True
False

3. Other receivables include non trade receivables such as loans to company officers. (Points: 1)
True
False

4. When companies sell their receivables to other companies, the transaction is called factoring (Points: 1)
True
False

5. Of the two methods of accounting for uncollectible receivables, the allowance method provides in advance for uncollectible receivables. (Points: 1)
True
False

6. Generally accepted accounting principles do not normally allow the use of the direct write-off method of accounting for uncollectible accounts. (Points: 1)
True
False

7. The direct write-off method records Bad Debt Expense in the year the specific account receivable is determined to be uncollectible. (Points: 1)
True
False

8. Allowance for Doubtful Accounts is debited under the direct write-off method when an account is determined to be uncollectible. (Points: 1)
True
False

9. Under the direct write-off method, no attempt is made to match Bad Debt Expense to Sales Revenue in the same accounting period. (Points: 1)
True
False

10. The estimate based on sales method violates the matching principle. (Points: 1)
True
False

11. When the estimate based on analysis of receivables is used, income is reduced when a specific receivable is written off. (Points: 1)
True
False

12. When an account receivable that has been written off is subsequently collected, the account receivable is said to be reinstated. (Points: 1)
True
False

13. Allowance for Doubtful Accounts is a liability account. (Points: 1)
True
False

14. At the end of a period, before the accounts are adjusted, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts has a debit balance of $2,000. If the estimate of uncollectible accounts determined by aging the receivables is $30,000, the current provision to be made for uncollectible accounts expense is $30,000. (Points: 1)
True
False

15. When using the estimate based on analysis of receivables, the amount computed in the analysis is always the required amount that would be recorded in the adjusting entry. (Points: 1)
True
False

16. The Allowance for Doubtful Accounts is similar to Accumulated Depreciation in that the account represents the total of all accounts written-off since the beginning year. (Points: 1)
True
False

17. The equation for computing interest on an interest-bearing note is as follows: interest equals maturity value times interest rate times time. (Points: 1)
True
False

18. The due date of a 60-day note dated July 10 is September 10. (Points: 1)
True
False

19. The maturity value of a note receivable is always the same as its face value. (Points: 1)
True
False

20. The interest on a 6%, 60-day note for $5,000 is $300. (Points: 1)
True
False
Category: Homework
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Please advise your deadline as well as the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Acounting 2 Ac116 Warren/Reeve/Dochac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you anyway i just reliezed it was due tonight. So i went ahead and submited what i had. thank you for all your help tho i will return!!