Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
3708793

I have 10 MC questions I would like some help with. I am willing

Customer Question

I have 10 MC questions I would like some help with. I am willing to pay $15 bonus for assistance. Thank you.

Which of the following statements is (are) false regarding first-stage and second-stage cost allocation methods?
(A) The basic difference between a first-stage cost allocation and a second-stage cost allocation is that cost pools are not used in first-stage cost allocations.
(B) Predetermined overhead rates are used in first-stage cost allocations but not in second-stage cost allocations. (Points : 1)
Only A is false
Only B is false.
Neither A nor B is false.
Both A and B are false.

2. Materials are added at the beginning of a process in a process costing system. The beginning Work-in-Process Inventory was 30% complete as to conversion costs. Using first-in, first-out (FIFO) process costing, the total equivalent units for material are (Points : 1)
beginning inventory this period for this process.
units started this period in this process.
units started this period in this process plus the beginning inventory.
units started this period in this process plus 70% of the beginning inventory this period.

3. The Blue Corporation started and completed 4,800 units during February. Blue started the month with 700 units in process (40% complete) and ended the month with 400 units in process (40% complete). How many units were transferred to the Finished Goods Inventory during February? (Points : 1)
5,500.
5,380.
5,100.
4,400.
4,100.

4. Activity analysis is one of the first stages in implementing an activity-based costing system. Which of the following steps in "activity analysis" is usually performed first? (Points : 1)
Classify all activities as value added or nonvalue added.
Record, from start to finish, the activities used to complete the product or service.
Identify the process objectives that are defined by what the customer wants from the process.
Improve the efficiency of all activities and develop plans to eliminate any nonvalue-added activities.

5. Which of the following statements is (are) true?
(A). Activity-based costs per unit are greater than volume-based costs per unit.
(B). Volume-based costing has typically resulted in lower gross margins for high volume products and higher gross margins for low volume products. (Points : 1)
Only A is true.
Only B is true.
Both A and B are true.
Neither A nor B are true.

6. Smelly Perfume Company manufactures and distributes several different products. They currently use a plant-wide allocation method for allocating overhead at a rate of $7 per direct labor hour. Cindy is the department manager of Department C which produces Products J and P. Diane is the department manager of Department D which manufactures Product X. The product costs (per case of 24 bottles) and other information are as follows:

Products

J

P

X

Direct materials

$100.00

$ 72.00

$48.00
Direct labor

42.00

31.50

12.00
Overhead

28.00

21.00

14.00

$170.00

$124.50

$74.00

Machine hours

4

2

3
Number of cases (per year)

300

500

600

If Smelly changes its allocation basis to machine hours, what is the total product cost per case for Product P? (Points : 1)
$163.50
$144.00
$138.15
$117.15

7. Cost pools are used with:
(A). Plant Wide Rates
(B). Department Rates (Points : 1)
Only A is true.
Only B is true.
Neither A nor B is true.
Both A and B are true.

8. Which of the following accounts is used to accumulate the actual manufacturing overhead costs incurred during a period? (Points : 1)
Applied Manufacturing Overhead
Work-in-Process Inventory
Manufacturing Overhead Control
Cost of Goods Sold
Finished Goods Inventory

9. If a company multiplies its predetermined overhead rate by the actual activity level of its allocation base, it is using (Points : 1)
standard costing.
normal costing.
actual costing.
budget costing.
ideal costing.

10. The number of services provided by an accounting firm would be classified as a(n) (Points : 1)
volume-related activity.
batch-related activity.
product-related activity.
facility-related activity.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Please advise your deadline as well as the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Titel of Book is: Fundamentals of Cost Accounting, William Lanen, Shannon Anderson and Michael Maher. Third Edition. I have a few hours to complete this assignment. Is this something you can help me with?
I can but I am very busy tonight, at what time is this due? Can I post the solutions tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have to have this posted by 10pm EST. Is there anyway you can squeeze this in before the deadline?
Yes, I will do that :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience: More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks again for your quick response. Would you consider accepting this type of assignment again? I only have a 12 hour time frame from start to finish so I would not be able to give 48 hours before deadline. If you prefer we can coordinate a specific time you might be available? I see it took you about 35 minutes to complete this project.

Thank you for considering.

As I have stated above:

If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will.

Also, please note that I have done this assignment with your promise to to pay $15 bonus for assistance. So kindly, do not forget to click the accept button and add the bonus

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do. Once again thanks for the information and assistance.