Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

1. A __________is a standardized method of encoding data for

1. A __________is a standardized method of encoding data for storage. (Points: 5)
bitmap
metafile
file format
raster

2. In the realm of multimedia, the term _________ means that the user and program respond to each other. (Points: 5)
communication
interactivity
intertwined
computer-aided

3. A(n) creates the video footage that interfaces with the interactive technology of the product. (Points: 5)
Visual Designer
Visual Designer
Instructional Designer
Videographer

4. Which of the following is the primary disadvantage of using a large-format monitor to show a presentation? (Points: 5)
Compatibility may be a problem.
These are typically large and expensive.
The monitor will not display high resolution graphics.
It will only work for small audiences.

5. Which of the following statements is a true statement about presenting slide shows to a large audience? (Points: 5)
The only reasonable way to present a slide show is to use a projector and screen.
The best way to present to a large audience is to simply use your laptop.
It is possible to use presentation software to show a slide show on a TV screen.
LCD monitors are not big enough for large audiences to view.

6. Which of the following types of bitmap graphics is most commonly used on the World Wide Web? (Points: 5)
BMP
PICT
JPEG
TIFF

7. Which type of graphics file format keeps track of each individual point in the image? (Points: 5)
Bitmap
Detailed image
Pointilated
Vector

8. What are the individual parts of a bit mapped image called? (Points: 5)
Bits
Bytes
Pixels
Rasters

9. If you want to create images that can be easily resized, or one that looks like it was created with a pencil or pen, you should choose a __________ graphics package. (Points: 5)
bitmap-based
colorized
raster-based
vector-based

10. Which graphical input source acts like a copy machine but copies the image to the computer instead of paper? (Points: 5)
Clip art
Digital camera
Digital video camera
Scanner

11. Which graphical input source started in the print medium and moved to digital? (Points: 5)
Clip art
Digital Camera
Digital Video Camera
Scanner

12. Which graphical input source captures and stores images in a bitmap form for transfer to a computer? (Points: 5)
Clip art
Digital Camera
Digital Video Camera
Scanner

13. What graphics program would you use to create a vector-based graphic that is easily resizable? (Points: 5)
CAD
Draw
Paint
Photo-editing

14. What graphics program would you use to create an image that resembles a traditional artist's work? (Points: 5)
CAD
Draw
Paint
Photo-editing

15. What graphics program would you use to repair damage to a scanned image or a poorly taken picture? (Points: 5)
CAD
Draw
Paint
Photo-editing

16. What graphics program would you use to create a blueprint of a house or the design for a new windmill? (Points: 5)
CAD
Draw
Paint
Photo-editing

17. What type of software application can create multi-dimensional images using tools much like wood working tools? (Points: 5)
Animation
CAD
3-D modeling
Tool based imagery

18. What is a single image from an animation called? (Points: 5)
Animatron
Frame
Pict
Window

19. How does a computer generated animation work? (Points: 5)
The computer creates constant movement in the characters.
The computer, along with human workers, moves the characters on the screen.
The computer creates a set of continuous movements, one character at a time.
The computer creates a set of still images that are then projected one at a time, like conventional animation.

20. What is the term for computer generated images that appear to be pictures of real objects? (Points: 5)
Hyper-real
Photorealistic
Reality
Virtual reality
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)