Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

does anyone have these answers just want to double check my

does anyone have these answers? just want to double check my answers

EXAMINATION NUMBER:
00680301

1. What is the length of conduit needed between Points X and Y in Figure A1? A. 3 14 inches C. 12 14 inches
B. 834 inches D. 1514 inches 2. What length of conduit is needed to run from the starting point to the box?
A. 1434 inches B. 18 inches
3. What is the total gain in this example? A. 3 14 inches
B. 5 inches
C. 2434 inches D. 28 inches
C. 6 inches D. 8 14 inches
24 Examination
BOX
POINT Y
15 IN. RISE
6 IN.
POINT X
3/4 IN. EMT
13 IN.
STARTING POINT FOR CONDUIT
FIGURE A1—Use this drawing to answer Questions 1–3.
4. You’re making a 90-degree bend on 12-inch conduit. If your conduit bender has a 5-inch take-up, and you need a 13-inch rise, how for from the starting point would you place your bend mark?
A. 5 12 inches C. 8 inches B. 6 inches D. 12 inches
5. Two students are discussing voltage drop. Student A says voltage drop in a circuit feeding an appliance is the difference between the voltage sent to an appliance and the voltage the appliance receives. Student B says it’s the difference between the voltage sent to an appliance and the maximum voltage the appliance is rated for. Which of the following statements is correct?
A. Only student A is correct. C. Both student A and student B are correct. B. Only student B is correct. D. Neither student is correct.
6. Wire will be run from a house to a receptacle in a garage 300 feet away. It will be used to supply current for a 1200-watt saw. The panel box supplies 120 volts. The electrician is using No. 12 solid copper-coated wire. What is the approximate voltage delivered to the saw?
A. 10V C. 108V B. 94V D. 118V
Examination 25
7. What is the approximate voltage drop from the house to the garage in Question 6 if No.10 gage solid copper-coated wire is used?
A. 4V C. 10.5V B. 7.6V D. 13V
8. Two students are discussing the example in Question 6. Student A says the voltage drop is more than is allowed and a larger wire size should be installed. Student B says the voltage drop is not significant and although you could choose another wire size it’s not necessary. Which of the following statements are correct?
A. Student A is correct. C. Both students are correct. B. Student B is correct. D. Neither student is correct.
FIGURE A2—Use this drawing to answer Question 9.
9. You’re bending 3 4-inch rigid conduit and both bends are 90 degrees, as shown in Figure A-2. How many inches of conduit will be needed to go from the old box to the new box? Assume that you’re using a manual bender like the one described in your study material.
A. 88 inches C. 96 inches B. 92 inches D. 100 inches
10. What is the smallest size EMT that can be used with three No. 14 THWN wires and four No. 6 THWN wires?
A. 12 inch C. 1 inch B. 34 inch D. 114 inch
OLD BOX
NEW BOX
12 IN. STUB
8 IN. TAKE-UP
12 IN. STUB
8 IN. TAKE-UP
20 IN. RISE
20 IN. RISE
8 IN. 8 IN. RADIUS RADIUS
5 ft.
26 Examination
BEND 2
BEND 3
90
JOIST
BEND 1
BEND 4
90
90
FIGURE A3—Use this drawing to answer Question 11.
11. To safely run conduit over the joist shown in Figure A3, what series of angles would you use for bends 1 through 4?
A. Two bends at 45 degrees, and two bends at 30 degrees B. Four bends at 45 degrees C. Two bends at 22 12 degrees, and two bends at 30 degrees D. Four bends at 22 12 degrees
FIGURE A4—Use this drawing to answer Question 12.
BEND B
BEND A
10 IN.
30 IN.
JOIST
CEILING
WALL
Examination 27
12. What is the total conduit length needed in the run shown in Figure A4 if bends A and B are 45 degrees and have a 5-inch offset? (Assume you’re using a bender with the same characteristics as those of the typical bender described in your study material.)
A. 45 inches C. 46 5 8 inches B. 45 78 inches D. 46 78 inches
13. What is the largest of the following ampacities that is allowable in a raceway containing thirty-six No. 10 RHW-2 copper wires in an area where the ambient temperature is 30°C (86°F)?
A. 10 A C. 19 A B. 16 A D. 20 A
14. What percentage of voltage loss occurs in a coated No. 18 stranded copper wire carrying 3A of current and running 228 feet from a 115-volt source to a receptacle?
A. 9 C. 12 B. 10 D. 88
FIGURE A5—Use this drawing to answer Question 15.
15. In Figure A-5 conduit is run over a beam to a wall and down to a receptacle box. Which of the following descriptions correctly describes the conduit bends shown?
A. A three-bend saddle with a 90-degree bend at the corner between the ceiling and wall B. A four-bend saddle with a 90-degree bend at the corner between the ceiling and wall C. A three-bend saddle with a 45-degree bend at the corner between the ceiling and wall D. Afour-bendback-to-backbendwitha90-degreebendatthecornerbetweentheceilingandwall
16. What size rigid metal conduit should be used to house eight
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)