asciandwildlifebio
asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience:  M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills
9201161

2. CheckPoint Origin of Life Resource Ch. 9 of Bioinquiry

2. CheckPoint: Origin of Life

• Resource: Ch. 9 of Bioinquiry
• Read Ch. 9, section 9.1, How Did Life Originate?
• Research a theory about the origin of life on Earth other than the one summarized under Piecing It Together on p. 247 of the text.
• Use the following key words and Web sites to assist you with your search:

o Origin of life
o Panspermia theory
o Hydrothermal vent and origin of life
o Prebiotic world
o http://www.chem.duke.edu/~jds/cruise_chem/Exobiology/sites.html
o http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/originoflife.html

• Post a 300- to 400-word response to the following: Describe and evaluate both the origin of life theory summarized in Piecing It Together on p. 247 of the text and the other theory you researched at the beginning of this CheckPoint. Be skeptical when reviewing the theories. Skepticism is the hallmark of any scientific effort. Ask the following questions about each theory:

o Where is the evidence to support this claim?
o Is there any data on which to base their claim?
Hello Sweeney! When is this due? If you researched a theory at the beginning of the checkpoint, what was it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
dont need this any more, but need something else. let me know if you can help.tks
What is the new question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you describe the major historical developments of the U.S. courts. Be sure to outline the dual court system (state vs. federal) of the United States and analyze the correlation between the previously described historical developments and the dual court system of the United States. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of a dual, mulit-jurisdictional, court system? Include statistics on numbers of cases handled by the various courts (Bureau of Justice Statistics and Schmalleger are good resources for this) and include some case examples of people moving through our court system.
This is not within my expertise. I will opt out so another expert can assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, I will post something else for you to do
ok.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
  • Write a 200- to 300-word response addressing the following points:

• What is the current estimate of the worldwide human population at this moment? Describe how this number is XXXXX moment-to-moment, day-to-day, and from one year to the next.

• o Describe how the human population growth issue has and will impact the ecosystem.

• Cite all references in APA format.
I would be glad to assist you with this! May I give it to you tomorrow?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes you can. I will Pay some bonus and give you another question if thats ok with you.please let me know.
sure!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Describe the plant life, animal life, and geology of the ecosystem in the area in which you live. What populations and communities are present? How dependent is your community on this ecosystem? What are the limiting factors of the ecosystem?

If I can get this on wednesday I would be greatful

The current worldwide population is 6,775,235,700 (World Bank 2011). This number is XXXXX moment-to moment, day-to-day, and from one year to the next. Interestingly, the rate of birth for many countries is declining due to economic disparity and an increase in education and conceptive use. When looking at a plot of year vs population size an increase is very evident, but the slop of the line is less dramatic in recent years as compared to the mid 1900s. The human population is extremely high and there is not enough room on this planet to sustain the population at it’s current growth rate. All of our ecosystems are being stressed via anthropogenic impact, urban sprawl and environmental degradation. Our resources are not being used sustainably and our ecosystems are being abused. A prime example is the amount of logging taking place worldwide, particularly Mahogany in the Amazon rainforest. It is there that old growth forest is being logged and shipped globally. In the process many animals are losing their homes and going extinct, while the decline of trees means an increase in greenhouse gas emissions. Furthermore, pollution from the machines that are logging the forest is amplifying the environmental issues the Amazon faces (WRM 2001). We must get the world on the conservation and sustainability bandwagons!

2001. Brazil: Mahogany loggers destroying the Amazon forest. World Rainforest Movement. Retrieved on 26 April 2011 from http://www.wrm.org.uy/bulletin/53/Brazil.html

2011. Midyear estimates of the resident population. World Bank, World Development Indicators. Retrieved on 26 April 2011 from http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&met=sp_pop_totl&tdim=true&dl=en&hl=en&q=current+world+population
I live in a tropical ecosystem. The plant life is mainly palm trees, pine scrub, and river grass. There are many types of animals. Some of the most abundant are birds, fish, alligators and snakes. The geology of the region that I live in is mainly limestone. I am almost at sea level so there is very little ground depth that is primarily limestone and of course mixed sand. There are numerous populations of bald eagles, alligators, raccoons, cattle egrets, and herons in the area in which I live. There are numerous terrestrial and marine communities, which cover tropic biomes. My community is highly dependent on this ecosystem because not only does it provide of us with fertile land for agriculture, but also it is a region prone to heavy traffic from visitors and vacation goers. Many people flock to the beaches, small off shore islands (Keys) and the Everglades. The limiting factors of my ecosystem are water and temperature. If water is unavailable all forms of life begin to take a toll, and the transfer of nutrients form one part of the system to the next cannot occur. Moreover, the organisms in my ecosystem prefer warm-humid temperatures and do not function well at colder-drier temperatures. Another limiting factor are visitors and resident development. The ecosystem is quickly being degraded by anthropogenic factors, and we need better regulation to insure this does not continue. I truly enjoy living in this tropic ecosystem and wish for it to be conserved properly. Please click the green button so I receive credit for my work.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
unfortunately I dont live in the tropics, but your ideas have help me so thank you. I have something I want you to help me with and I hope you can. please let me know soon.
Please post it and I can take a look.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
  • 1. Capstone Checkpoint

• You have read about Earth's numerous ecosystems and the biological diversity that inhabits them. Unfortunately, many of these habitats and the species that inhabit them are under threat from human encroachment through agricultural activities such as logging, pollution, or war.

• Post a 200- to 300-word response to the following questions:

• o What role, if any, do you think people should play in preserving those regions threatened by human encroachment?
  • o How should the interests of competing groups be balanced?

• Example: Drilling in the Arctic-environmental groups oppose the plan on the grounds of the destruction to the habitat; those in favor argue that tapping into the oil there would be good for the economy and decrease reliance on foreign oil.

• o What about when the habitat is not within the U.S. borders? Many international conservation groups are working to save the rainforest-what rights do people have to interfere with how another sovereign nation chooses to manage its lands? If the government of Bolivia is willing to allow millions of acres of jungle to be destroyed to promote the logging industry (which provides employment to their citizens), should people intervene? Why or why not?

• 2. Final Project: UNESCO Paper on the Simien National Park

• Resource: Appendix A
  • Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper assessing the ecological property you chose for your final paper. Identify the ecological uniqueness of the plant and animal life in your chosen property and address the following:

• o Describe the diversity of life forms found in the area.
  • o Describe the biological interrelationships among the life forms in the area.
  • o The human intrusions threatening the area.
  • o The protections that exist to safeguard and preserve the area.
  • o The efforts that have been made to further this preservation.
  • o What an individual can do to help preserve the diversity of the area.
  • o What additional measures to insure the preservation of the property would you propose?
  • o What will be lost if intrusion goes unchecked? Appeal to the biological diversity.

• Format your paper, in-text citations, and references according to APA standards.
  • Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.

I did post in on the site, but I would rather you do it for me if you can. I will need it on tuesday.

I can do question 1 capstone, but not question 2.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, I will be greatful. if you change your mine on two I will pay $25 bonus for it.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.