Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

28. A group of researchers proposes that eating sugar causes

28. A group of researchers proposes that eating sugar causes children to become physically active. To test this, they ask a group of children to eat sugared corn flakes and a second group to eat unsugared corn flakes. The amount of time each child spends on his or her feet moving about during a one-hour play period is then recorded. Which of the following statements is true?
A) The two groups were randomly exposed to different variables; thus, no conclusions can be drawn.
B) The type of cereal is the independent variable, and the amount of time spent in motion is the dependent variable.
C) The type of cereal is the dependent variable, and the amount of time spent in motion is the independent variable.
D) Breakfast is the independent variable, and the group of children is the dependent variable.

27. An operational definition _______.
A) states relationships to other variables
B) describes the actions and procedures used to measure or control a variable
C) separately defines each term used
D) provides a logical basis for each term
26. Which of the following would most likely be used to study the psychological effects of a disaster on the survivors?
A) a double-blind study
B) none of the above since it is unethical to study disaster survivors
C) a confound procedure
D) an experiment
E) a descriptive study

16. You are a member of a team of researchers who unobtrusively sit on a park bench in a major metropolitan area from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, noting the number of people who walk by, whether or not they litter, and their gender. You are engaging in _______. (If you think more than one answer is correct, select them all.)
A) case study research
B) experimental research
C) casual observation
D) naturalistic observation
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)