Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

music please help ill pay more

1.   The Renaissance period in musical history lasted from about      A. 1500 to 1789. B. 1450 to 1750. C. 1425 to 1600. D. 1650 to 1750. 2.   In the 1920s, Schoenberg developed the new system for organizing music called      A. monodrama. B. 12-bar blues. C. 12-tone composition. D. atonal closure.   3.   The musical work that depicts an artist being led to his execution is      A. Cherry Blossom. B. Cage's 4'33''. C. Schubert's "Erlkönig." D. Berlioz's Symphonie fantastique.   4.   Which of the following composers wrote The Four Seasons?      A. Vivaldi B. Handel C. Bach D. Verdi   5.   The repetition (AA), variation (AA'), and contrast (AB) of a piece of music are all part of the music's      A. texture. B. form. C. genre. D. timbre   6.   The term _______ refers to the variety of short piano forms comprising Frederic Chopin's repertory.      A. ballad B. character piece C. impromptu fantasy D. arial   7.   The result of the fusion of rhythm and blues and honky tonk was      A. hip hop. B. jazz. C. reggae. D. rock 'n' roll.   8.   A synthesis of Chinese musical elements and European-American idioms is found in      A. The Reunion. B. Tan Dun's "Farewell." C. Glass's Etudes. D. Cherry Blossom.    9.   Julio wants the chorus to sing a section of music very softly. What will Julio write in that section to convey his wishes?      A. f B. p C. mp D. pp   10.   The _______ voice is the highest voice in vocal music.      A. bass B. alto C. tenor D. soprano   11.   The text of an opera is called the      A. vibrato. B. program. C. buffa. D. libretto.   12.   What is the musical term for one of many verses of poetry in a song?      A. Strophe B. Canto C. Refrain D. Chorus   13.   Alphonsus wants to include unified timbre in part of his cantata. How will this be accomplished?      A. The chorus will sing in unison while the orchestra plays an accompaniment. B. The violins will have a solo and will all play harmony notes. C. The orchestra will play in unison while the chorus sings in harmony. D. The instruments in the orchestra will play the same notes that the chorus is singing.   14.   "Erlkönig" is one of the hundreds of songs written by      A. Haydn. B. Chopin. C. Schubert. D. Schumann   15.   When we hear three or more notes played simultaneously, we're hearing a      A. melody B. chord. C. polyphonic texture. D. monophonic line.   16.   The _______ is the second act of the sonata form.      A. development B. exposition C. recapitulation D. coda   17.   A group of instruments or voices with similar timbres within the ensemble is the      A. section. B. voicing. C. orchestra. D. tenors.   18.   According to your textbook, which composer is considered to be the most controversial composer who ever lived?      A. Wagner B. Verdi C. Beethoven D. Cage   19.   An example of a percussion instrument is the      A. clarinet B. shawm. C. piano. D. trumpet.   20.   The instrument that usually has the leading role in a piano trio is the      A. piano. B. viola. C. violin. D. cello.   21.   The dactylic meter of poetry corresponds to the _______ in music.      A. triple meter B. bar form C. measure D. duple   22.   The rhythmic patterns of Indian music are called      A. tablas. B. pungis. C. talas. D. veenas.   23.   Dido and Aeneas is an example of _______ opera.      A. Romantic B. Greek C. Italian D. Baroque   24.   A/An _______ is an unstaged opera on a sacred topic.      A. oratorio B. coronation C. chorus D. cantata   25.   Who wrote The Nutcracker?      A. Alexandr Pushkin B. Piotr Tchaikovsky C. Boris Gudonov D. Felix Mendelssohn   26.   The binary form in Haydn's Symphony no. 102 in B flat major, third movement, is represented by      A. ABACADA. B. AABB. C. ABA. D. ABBA.   27.   Which one of the following terms refers to a slight deviation from the exact rhythm?      A. Declamation B. Stop time C. Syncopation D. Rubato   28.   Which of the following is a traditional Indian instrument?      A. Tombak B. Pipa C. Sitar D. Ud   29.   The combination of antecedent and consequent units that make a larger whole is called the      A. punctuation. B. periodic phrase structure. C. theme and variations form. D. full cadence.   30.   By the time he/she was 17 years of age, _______ had already written the Octet for Strings, op.20.      A. Felix Mendelssohn B. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart C. Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel D. Joseph Haydn   31.   The term ritornello refers to the main theme of a      A. suite. B. virtuoso cadenza. C. sonata. D. concerto grosso.   32.   In music, the Italian term for "loud" is      A. fortissimo. B. mezzo . C. piano. D. forte.    33.   A/an _______ is a work that sets new words to an existing melody.      A. contrafactum B. appropriation C. orchestration D. scoring   34.   The text pattern of XXXXX XXXXX's "Terraplane Blues" is typical of songs in the      A. European classical tradition. B. blue-note melody. C. 12-bar blues. D. 8-to-the-bar pattern.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)