Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

1. Which of the following is an ethical system that states that

1. Which of the following is an ethical system that states
that the good of society is more important than the good
of the individual?
A. Utilitarianism C. Relativism
B. Ethical formalism D. Ethics of care
2. Which of the following is an ethical system that emphasizes
that there are universal rights and wrongs?
A. Ethics of care C. Relativism
B. Egoism D. Natural law
3. Which of the following is an ethical system that stresses not
using the individual as a means to an end?
A. Natural law C. Ethical formalism
B. Utilitarianism D. Egoism4. Which of the following is an ethical system that’s interested solely in the inherent
nature of the act being judged?
A. Teleological system C. Utilitarianism
B. Deontological system D. Ethics of care
5. Which of the following systems doesn’t depend on universal rules?
A. Religion C. Ethical formalism
B. Natural law D. Ethics of care
6. Under which of the following ethical systems is the killing of innocent civilians
justifiable?
A. Ethics of care C. Utilitarianism
B. Ethical formalism D. Religion
7. You’re a police officer who has been using an informant to infiltrate a dangerous gang
that imports guns into your state. You know that the informant has been coming very
close to getting caught lately and is currently under the suspicion of a powerful gang
member. He’s in grave danger, yet he has been getting great information for you lately.
You nevertheless send him in without a gun or weapon in order not to blow his undercover
status. Which of the following ethical systems most clearly wouldn’t allow this?
A. Ethical formalism C. Utilitarianism
B. Egoism D. Natural law
8. You share custody of your children with your wife. But you found out that lately your
wife has been using drugs and alcohol. When she’s strung out, she beats the children.
The judge refused to listen to your claim because your wife has a skillful lawyer who is
able to hide this information. In addition, your children are afraid to speak out against
their mother. Out of concern for their welfare, you kidnap your children and take them
to a different state to hide them from their mother’s abuse. Which ethical system
would justify this action?
A. Rule utilitarianism C. Ethical formalism
B. Ethics of care D. Ethics of virtue
9. Which of the following is an ethical system that holds morals and values to be
culture-specific?
A. Religion C. Natural law
B. Relativism D. Ethical formalism10. Which of the following is a research finding from Carol Gilligan?
A. There are sex differences between men and women when it comes to morality.
B. There are no sex differences between men and women when it comes to morality.
C. There are only negligible sex differences in terms of morality between men
and women.
D. There are sex differences in terms of morality between boys and girls, but they
even out in adulthood.
11. The theory of stages of moral development is attributed to which of the following
authors?
A. Karl Menninger C. Jeremy Bentham
B. Emmanuel Kant D. Lawrence Kohlberg
12. One reason we give to charity is because we’ve learned that we get a reward in
the form of goodwill and self-satisfaction from giving. Which psychological theory
of morality postulates this dynamic?
A. Moral stage theory C. Learning theory
B. Predeterminers theory D. Utility theory
13. Which ethical system holds that people should be ethical because the world works
better and it’s rational to do one’s duty?
A. Ethical formalism C. Utilitarianism
B. Ethics of care D. Egoism
14. Which of these ethical systems is more intuitive than rational?
A. Ethical formalism C. Rule utilitarianism
B. Ethics of care D. Act utilitarianism
15. Welfare-state provided benefits are an example of ________ justice.
A. commutative C. distributive
B. corrective D. natural
16. Which of the following is associated with transactions in which one person feels
unfairly treated?
A. Commutative justice C. Distributive justice
B. Corrective justice D. Natural justice
17. Which of the following is associated with the determination of and methods of
punishment?
B. Corrective justice D. Natural justice18. Under which theory of justice can a poor person stealing food best be justified?
A. Corrective justice C. Ethical formalism
B. Utilitarianism D. Marxism
19. Under which theory of justice can an actor making $25 million for one year’s work be
best justified?
A. Egalitarianism C. Egoism
B. Rawls’s theory D. Marxism
20. A hypothetical legislature is trying to pass a tax cut. The legislators are working very
hard to try to apportion the cut equally among all people, no matter what their individual
income levels are. But this plan doesn’t work out equally. So the legislators decide
to give the largest portion of the tax cut to the poorest people in the state. Which theory of justice would most support this action?
A. Natural law C. Ethical formalism
B. Rawls’s theory D. Utilitarianism

Read more: Help with Homework - 50189000 1. Which of the following is an ethical system that - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/homework/4gmfq-50189000-1-following-ethical-system.html#ixzz1Jg4oq1Gc
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)