GeologyTutor
GeologyTutor, Geologist
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Tutored many high school and college students. Sciences and Religion
10868375

Second part a. Metamorphism took place during the Archean.

Second part
a. Metamorphism took place during the Archean. During later Precambrian time, uplift and erosion reduced the area to a plane.
b. Three layers of marine sedimentary rock (limestone) were deposited on the plane during Ordovician through Devonian time.
c. Although sedimentation may have taken place during the Mississippian through Permian, there are presently no sedimentary rocks of that age in the area.
d. A vertical dike intruded all rocks that existed here during the Permian.
e. A layer of sandstone was deposited during the Triassic.
f. All of the rocks were tilted 45 during the Cretaceous. This was followed by erosion to a planar surface.
g. The area dropped below sea level, and two layers of Tertiary sedimentary rock were deposited on the erosion surface.
h. Uplift and erosion during the Quaternary resulted in a slightly hilly surface.
i. Following erosion, a vertical dike fed a small volcano
Category: Homework
Expert:  GeologyTutor replied 3 years ago.
HiCustomer Thanks for requesting me. Is this the cross section you want me to draw?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please, I need your help, i noticed someone else asked this question last year.

By applying the various principles, draw a cross section of an area in which the following sequences of events occurred. The relative time relationship for all events should be clear to you from your single cross section that shows what the geology looks like at present.

Ok. Do you need this tonight? I can get it done, it just might take me 30 minutes or so.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Take your time but I need to turn it in by tomorrow morning though if possible.
Got it. I actually just found the file from the one I did last year. Do you want that file or do you want me to redraw it so it looks a little different? I actually see that I need to add a legend to it, so that would be a bit different.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thats fine GeologyTutor!
Hi,Customer Take a look and let me know if this is ok. http://www.mediafire.com/i/?hha8s7dh3420239 Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Looks ok but where is the legend?
Ha! I redrew the cross section and forgot the legend again. Give me a minute.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's cool, your awesome!

Thanks! Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?wu28b2jxil139cf I put it in a Word document.

GeologyTutor, Geologist
Experience: Professional Geologist, Tutored many high school and college students. Sciences and Religion
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your also cute, by the way!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey again, could i send you a document to review?
Yes!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hope you get this!

Folds and Faults "Review"

This is a review of the keys points of the folds and faults lab. Doing well on this is a good indicator of your knowledge of

the subject. This exercise is due April 29th and will be graded as a portion of Chp. 16 lab. I will post the answers the

afternoon of April 29th. Recall the format when giving strike and dip.

1. [4 pts] What is the angle and direction of the strike for the map symbol below?

2. [3 pts] What is the angle and direction of the dip for the map symbol below?

3. [2 pts] What feature is denoted by the letter A? How do you know?

4. [2 pts] What feature is denoted by the letter B? How do you know?

5. [2 pts] Is rock layer C or D older? How do you know?

6. [2 pts] Is rock layer E or F older? How do you know?

7. [2 pts] True or... False and tell me why: Younger beds dip toward/under older beds.

graphic 8. [4 pts] On the second picture above is a picture of a fault. Is side X the hanging wall or the footwall? Side Y? What kind of

fault is it? Be specific!

X: _______________________________________

Y: _______________________________________

Fault type: _______________________________________

OK, I got it. I'll try to have it done by tonight. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your the woman!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Any progress?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Any progress
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Any progress
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
GeologyTutor, Geologist