Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. The more genes two individuals have in common, the ______

1. The more genes two individuals have in common, the ______ similar their personalities tend to be. This is ______ between the two variables.
A) more; a positive correlation
B) more; a negative correlation
C) less; a positive correlation
D) less; a negative correlation
E) None of the above; the two variables are unrelated.
2. The more individualistic a culture is, the ______ independent its members tend to be. This is ______ between the two variables.
A) more; a positive correlation
B) more; a negative correlation
C) less; a positive correlation
D) less; a negative correlation
3. The more collectivistic a culture is, the ______ independent its members tend to be. This is ______ between the two variables.
A) more; a positive correlation
B) more; a negative correlation
C) less; a positive correlation
D) less; a negative correlation
4. As compared to children with other types of temperaments, so-called undercontrolled children are ______ likely to be "alienated, uninhibited, and stressed" as adults. This is ______ between the two variables.
A) more; a positive correlation
B) more; a negative correlation
C) less; a positive correlation
D) less; a negative correlation
5. As compared to children with other types of temperaments, inhibited or reserved children are ______ likely to "be better adjusted and...extraverted" as adults. This is ______ between the two variables.
A) more; a positive correlation
B) more; a negative correlation
C) less; a positive correlation
D) less; a negative correlation
6. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between the hours of sunlight and hours of darkness during a day?
A) The two variables are positively correlated.
B) The two variables are negatively correlated.
C) There is no relationship between the two variables.
7. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between the time a person spends wake versus the time he spends asleep?
8. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between the number of movie tickets bought during a day and the number of people who go to a movie on that same day?
9. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between a person's height in inches versus in centimeters?
10. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between the number of miles a car is driven on one tank of gas and the amount of gasoline left in the car's gas tank?
11. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between the number of ice cream cones bought during a particular day and the number of violent crimes committed on that same day?
12. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between the number times a student logs into this course and his or her grade in the course?
13. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between the amount of sunlight during a winter and the number of people who develop seasonal affective disorder?
14. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between a person's income and the number of vacations she takes?
15. What is the direction of the relationship, if any, between an adult's age and his physical strength?
16. Which goal of science do correlational studies most clearly address?
A) description
B) prediction
C) explanation
D) application
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)