GeologyTutor
GeologyTutor, Geologist
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Tutored many high school and college students. Sciences and Religion
10868375

1. Contrast the philosophies of Catastrophism and Uniformitarianism.

Customer Question

1. Contrast the philosophies of Catastrophism and Uniformitarianism. What are the major differences in how each philosophy addresses the age of the Earth? Finally, while neither philosophy should be taken too literally, which philosophy has been deemed more accurate by the scientific community? Why?

2. Volcanoes are generally not preserved in the geologic rock record as they are usually eroded away. However, the various materials erupted from volcanoes are often found preserved in the rock record. From what you have learned about the different types of volcanoes, how could you infer what type of volcano erupted in a given area based on the type of volcanic deposits now found as layers of rock? Give specific examples, and briefly discuss how some materials may be linked to different types of volcanoes

they both have to be at least 200 words
Category: Homework
Expert:  GeologyTutor replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey how are you doing? I didn't even see the answer, I thought the accept botton was to see the answer. If you can please send me the answer again you have already been paid. Thanks in advance
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!