Curtis K
Curtis K, Engineer
Experience:  Computer Engineer with MBA; Many years of math tutoring experience;

I have a lot more if you have time. 7) Which one of the following

I have a lot more if you have time.
7) Which one of the following items is not generally used in preparing a statement of cash flows?

A. Comparative balance sheets
B. Adjusted trial balance
C. Current income statement
D. Additional information
Category: Homework
Expert:  Curtis K replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

The answer is B. Adjusted trial balance

Curtis K, Engineer
Experience: Computer Engineer with MBA; Many years of math tutoring experience;
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is value chain management best defined as?
A. Management decisions that affect how quickly the production run occurs
B. The incremental value of costs associated with hiring a new production floor leader
C. All activities associated with providing a product or service
D. A large chain that keeps the machines from falling on the production floor
Expert:  Curtis K replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you can help more for the next hour I will pay a $50 tip

Disney’s variable costs are 30% of sales. The company is contemplating an advertising campaign that will cost $22,000. If sales are expected to increase $40,000, by how much will the company's net income increase?
A. $28,000
B. $12,000
C. $6,000
D. $18,000
Expert:  Curtis K replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can try and post as many as possible at once

12) Hess, Inc. sells a single product with a contribution margin of $12 per unit and fixed costs of $74,400 and sales for the current year of $100,000. How much is Hess’s break even point?
A. $25,600
B. 6,200 units
C. 2,133 units
D. 4,600 units

When, in a particular market, the law of demand and the law of supply both apply, the imposition of a binding price ceiling in that market causes quantity demanded to be __________.
A. less than quantity supplied
B. equal to quantity supplied
C. double the quantity supplied
D. greater than quantity supplied
Assume oligopoly firms are profit maximizers, they do not form a cartel, and they take other firms' production levels as given. Then in equilibrium the output effect __________.

The balance of payment account is made up of:
A. an import account and an export account.
B. a monetary account and a fiscal account.
C. an investment account and a consumption account.
D. a current account and a financial and capital account.

23) In the market for foreign-currency exchange in the open economy macroeconomic model, the amount of net capital outflow represents the quantity of dollars __________.

A. supplied for the purpose of buying assets abroad
B. demanded for the purpose of importing foreign goods and services
C. demanded for the purpose of buying U.S. net exports of goods and services
D. supplied for the purpose of selling assets domestically
24) Edward Prescott and Finn Kydland won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 2004. One of their contributions was to argue that if a central bank could convince people to expect zero inflation, then the Fed would be tempted to raise output by increasing inflation. This possibility is known as __________.

A. the monetary policy reaction lag
B. the sacrifice ratio dilemma
C. the time inconsistency of policy
D. inflation targeting
25) Which of the following is not correct?

A. Deficits give people the opportunity to consume at the expense of their children, but they do not require them to do so.
B. In 2005, the U.S. government had a deficit.
C. The U.S. debt per-person is large compared with average lifetime income.
D. A potential cost of deficits is that they reduce national saving, thereby reducing growth of the capital stock and output growth.
26) President George W. Bush and congress cut taxes and raised government expenditures in 2003. Which of the following is not correct?

A. While there was subsequent improvement in economic performance, it’s not entirely clear that this was due to the policy.
B. In general it is easier to reverse monetary policy than to reverse fiscal policy.
C. In general monetary policy can be implemented faster than fiscal policy.
D. At the time the economy was just moving into a recession.
27) The Federal Open Market Committee __________.

A. is required to increase the money supply by a given growth rate each year
B. is required by its charter to change the money supply using a complex formula that concerns the tradeoff between inflation and unemployment
C. is required to keep the interest rate within a range set by Congress
D. operates with almost complete discretion over monetary policy
A. must be smaller than the price effect
B. must balance with the price effect
C. can be larger or smaller than the price effect
D. must dominate the price effect

The Aquatic Center, Inc. periodically reviews the goals of the company. During the process, The Aquatic Center managers analyze their current strategies as compared to their competitors, determine goals that they will pursue and decide upon specific actions for each area of the company to take in pursuit of these goals. The Aquatic Center managers have been engaged in the management function of:

A. Goal Coordination
B. Controlling
C. Staffing
D. Planning
E. Organizing
29) As related to managing of human resources, diversity refers to:

A. Differences in demographics (such as age, race, gender, disability status, lifestyle, veteran status, educational level, etc.)
B. Differences in pay methods (such as hourly, salaried, overtime, hazard-pay, commissioned, etc.)
C. Differences in retention strategies (such as training, hiring, incentives, etc)
D. Differences in recruiting methods (such as newspapers, schools, flyers, magazines, agencies, etc.)
E. Differences in employee benefit plans (such as pensions, insurance, vacations, memberships, etc.)
30) Teams that operate separately from the regular work structure and exist temporarily are known as:

A. Self-designing teams
B. Self-managed teams
C. Transnational teams
D. Parallel teams
E. Management teams
31) Which of the following has proven to be a particularly good predictor for jobs that require cognitive complexity?

A. work sampling
B. aptitude tests
C. behavioral assessment
D. integrity evaluations
E. intelligence tests
32) The term used to refer to all kinds of differences including religious affiliation, age, disability status, economic class and lifestyle in addition to gender, race, ethnicity and nationality is:

A. Selection
B. Recruiting
C. Managerial ethics
D. Employment
E. Diversity
33) Japanese manufacturers' kaizen (continuous improvement) programs enable them to maintain:

A. Larger, faster facilities
B. A strategic alliance
C. A homogeneous workforce
D. A Learning advantage over their competition
E. Positive working relationships with all employees
34) Building a dynamic organization is another way of describing which function of management?

A. Leading
B. Planning
C. Staffing
D. Organizing
E. Controlling
35) The pursuit of lucrative opportunities by enterprising individuals is called:

A. Business incubating
B. Intrapreneurship
C. Social experimentation
D. Independence
E. Entrepreneurship
36) Having individuals actually do the job they are applying for as a test to see if they can do it is __________.

A. an informal means of screening candidates
B. an approach with low reliability
C. a formal means of screening candidates
D. an approach with high face validity
E. an approach with high reliability
37) ABC International carefully watches the actions of its most innovative competitor and learns from them. ABC can establish a low-cost position by:

A. Learning from the leader thereby avoiding the costs and risks of technology leadership
B. Making subtle changes to the product, thereby avoiding patent restrictions
C. Technology followers are not successful at low-cost strategies
D. Producing an imitation of the new technology that utilizes lower-quality and lower-cost materials
E. Mass-producing products that have an established market niche
38) One study found that manufacturing labor costs about _____ an hour in China, compared to _____ dollars in the United States.

A. Less than $1; about 25
B. Less than $1; about 15
C. Less than $1; about 40
D. About $2; about 15
E. $2; about 25
39) Which of these represent skills that managers need?

A. Professional, technical and interpersonal & communication
B. Interpersonal & communication, conceptual & decision making and professional
C. Interpersonal, quantitative, and professional
D. Technical, interpersonal & communication and conceptual & decision making
E. Conceptual & decision making, professional and technical
40) __________ is the process of working with people and resources to accomplish organizational goals.

A. Controlling
B. Planning
C. Supervising
D. Management
E. Decision making
41) An organization that is managed aggressively and has growth and high profits as primary objectives may be considered a(n):

A. Small business
B. Multinational corporation
C. Online Business
D. Large corporation
E. Entrepreneurship venture

Expert:  Curtis K replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

There are too many for me to handle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok