Manas11
Manas11, Tutor
Experience:  Engineer
21791877

39. (LO2) Zhang incorporated her sole proprietorship by transferring

39. (LO2) Zhang incorporated her sole proprietorship by transferring inventory, a building, and land to the corporation in return for 100 percent of the corporation’s stock. The property transferred to the corporation had the following fair market values and tax-adjusted bases: FMV Tax-Adjusted Basis Inventory $ 20,000 $ 10,000 Building 150,000 100,000 Land 230,000 300, 000 Total $400,000 $410,000 The corporation also assumed a mortgage of $100,000 attached to the building and land. The fair market value of the corporation’s stock received in the exchange was $300,000. The transaction met the requirements to be tax-deferred under §351. a. What amount of gain or loss does Zhang realize on the transfer of the property to her corporation? b. What amount of gain or loss does Zhang recognize on the transfer of the property to her corporation? c. What is Zhang’s tax basis in the stock she receives in the exchange? d. What is the corporation’s tax-adjusted basis in each of the assets received in the exchange? Assume the corporation assumed a mortgage of $500,000 attached to the building and land. e. How much, if any, gain or loss does Zhang recognize on the exchange assuming the revised facts? f. What is Zhang’s tax basis in the stock she receives in the exchange? g. What is the corporation’s tax-adjusted basis in each of the assets received in the exchange?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Manas11 replied 5 years ago.

Can you please let me know the deadline for this question.

Regards,

Manas
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tuesday march 21
Expert:  Manas11 replied 5 years ago.
Sure. I'll have your answer ready by the end of the day Monday.

Regards,

Manas
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

wheere is my homwork?

Expert:  Manas11 replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.