judybailey52
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience:  20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
46206387

Debunking Gender Misconception. This needs to be a Microsoft

Customer Question

<p>Debunking Gender Misconception. This needs to be a Microsoft Power Point with about 15 slides. I have never asked for help before, but my son was in the hospital and had to have emergency surgery. This assignment is due tonight by 11:59 Arizona time. I am so sorry for the short notice, but it has been crazy around here. Please can someone help me?</p><p>This assignment just needs speakers notes and reference page.  I will give more information if someone can help.  I am also willing to help fill in some information for the Power Point and put Pictures in the slides.  Please help!!!</p>
Category: Homework
Expert:  judybailey52 replied 3 years ago.
I might could help depending on how much info you have to share. I can do the slides, but the research always takes time. Let's see what you've got. Judy Smile (another cool mommy)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey Thanks for replying. I am trying to work on a math quiz that is due tonight also. I just got back from the hospital yesterday. Let me get my folder with that info and post back to you with the information. Just to be honest I do not have much as far as research. I can add the reference stuff and few lines to go with it and put visual aids in the slides.
OK, just to let you know, it is 9:47 here as we just went on Daylight Savings Time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Consider that there are many gender misconceptions in education. For example, some
people believe that boys are more suited for and more interested in math and science.
Think about other stereotypes that exist related to gender. How do these stereotypes and
misconceptions impact education in the United States? What are your beliefs regarding
ability differences between males and females in general and in education? What
evidence can you present to validate your viewpoint? Also consider the existing laws that
are meant to guarantee equal treatment in education for girls and boys.

For this assignment, address at least three of the following common misconceptions:
1. Boys are more suited for and more interested in math and science than girls are.
2. Boys who participate in the arts are more likely to be homosexual.
3. Girls are more interested in domestic arts than boys are.
4. Boys are more interested in auto shop and wood shop than girls are.
5. Boys are more competitive in sports and academics than girls are.
· Check the Main forum to see which discussion cluster your instructor has assigned you
to work with. In this cluster, you and your peers must discuss the impact of at least three
of the above misconceptions on education. You must include information from your
discussion cluster in your Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation.
· Refer to Appendix E, if you need to, for directions and tips on building a Microsoft®
PowerPoint® presentation.
· Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation addressing the following
points:
o Explain ways to "debunk" three of the five gender misconceptions listed above
based on the results of the peer discussion and your own University Library research.
o Explain at least one point made by one of your peers in the discussion cluster.
o Cite at least one reference from the University Library in your presentation.
o Use 1 to 2 slides for the introduction; 2 to 3 slides for each misconception; and 1 to 2
slides for the conclusion. The reference and title pages do not count in your overall
slide total.
o Use presenter's notes to clarify content as needed throughout the presentation.
o NOTE: You may address more than three of the five misconceptions if you wish, but
still adhere to the 12- to 15-slide limit.
· Cite your sources according to APA guidelines.
· Cite the information from you peer taken from the discussion cluster according to APA
guidelines for personal communication.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The cluster that I was assigned to was number 2 and 4. I have not chose my third one so what ever you want to use is fine with me.
OK. Do you have any information from your discussion cluster? It needs to be included.

Do you have any sites?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't believe this one bit. I always felt that whoever started this idea was someone who was jealous of a very talented young man and wanted him to feel badly. To me the only thing that can limit who can participate in the arts is the talent or imagination of the person not their gender. Plus if the arts was only filled with females that would not make it very "artful" in my opinion. Sure there are males that are gay in the arts but being gay is not limited having a career in the arts. There are many homosexual males that are professionals, doctors, lawyers, and athletes.

Shar Madison

It may be that boys are more competitive in sports and academics than girls are, but I believe that's because they are encouraged to be that way and girls are not. Just taking in consideration the culture that we live in boys are always encouraged to be more agressive and girls, well we were encouraged to be "submissive" in nature, more docile. As a girl I was competitive in sports and academics (more so in sports). I loved playing ball with the guys anytime over playing house with the girls. I was called a "tomboy", but I didn't care. But I realize that was my personality and had nothing to do with my gender. No one really would know I was such a tomboy then because I'm such a "girly girl" now

Shar Madison

I agree with this 100% Many young guys are have ran a crossed who are athletes main concerns are only their sports. Their academics come last. If you run across a boy who plays a sport if you ask him what are you going to be when you grow up 9-out of 10 will say something that deals with the sport they play. If you ask a young girl what do she want to be you probably would hear a doctor, teacher and even a lawyer.

Vernice Deis

I do not belive that boys are more competitive in sports and academic than girls are. 25 years after title ix was passed the number of girls playing in school and community sports is approaching that of boys who participate. Personally I believe this stereotyping comes from society and the way they believe boys and girls should act and behave. However, in this day and time you see more and more girls playing sports, whom are just as aggressive, passionate, and competitive as boys.

XXXXX XXXXX

I have noticed some classmates jump at answering this as though it is completely a myth. I have to disagree with you all. I recently took a child development course in which the text discussed several factors that contribute to these stereotypes. There are many reasons why boys and girls are interested in some things and not others. Male and female brain function is NOT the same; and although there are always exceptions to the rules, the truth is, the male brain will focus more on one particular subject that the female brain will not. It is also an explanation as to why boys who suffer from disorders such as autism, lack cognitive development in some areas, and not in others. It takes some research, but it is not a myth.

Julianna GildeLamadrid

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I am a little slow replying I am working on this math quiz and math is not a very good subject for me. I really appreciate what you are doing for me on such short notice. You have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you. What ever you come up with is great and I will pay you for your time regardless of the outcome of the assignment. I know I can't expect a 100 on this but it has just been rough around here. Again thank you.
Here you go. There's no animation and way less color than I usually use. Good luck to you and I hope your son is healing well.

http://www.box.net/shared/od8f0afd5r

PLEASE NOTE: Responses here are for information/education only. They are to provide guidance and samples for your use.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your deposit does not automatically transfer to me. If you accept my answer, please click ACCEPT. If you still need help or further information, click REPLY and I will be pleased to continue helping you. Please be sure to give feedback so that I can know how to help you in the future. BONUSES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks! Judy Smile

judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience: 20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I am trying to figure out how to get the file from your answer.
Thanks for accepting without even looking at it.Laughing

Just cut and past into your URL box.

Then download when it opens in box.net

Let me know if this doesn't work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
WOW!!!! That was way more than I expected it to be. Thank you so much. I really thought I was going to be up a while longer, fixing it, putting pictures in, rearranging things and all that sort of stuff. You did an awsome job. I put the classmates reference in. Maybe I will get some sleep tonight. I saw on your profile that you taught for 20 years in math. I wished you lived around here, because I am struggling with my math. Again Thank You so much, this means alot to me and I am very grateful that you did this for me!!
It was my pleasure. I became the queen of powerpoints in my last year of teaching. I much rather put in animation and better backgrounds, since you don't present I stopped doing animations. Sleep well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey. Because you were so sweet to do this for me I thought you might want to know that I made a 100 on the assignment. Thank you so much.
Bless your heart for letting me know. Not many are so thoughtful. Let's do it again some time! Hope your son recovered. Judy

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here