Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Not a Homework Question?
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris M. Your Own Question
M.S.W. Social Work
Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Chris M. is online now
Penn foster 40653400 Lesson 4 Managing Problems 1. The majority
This answer was rated:
Penn foster 40653400 Lesson 4 Managing Problems
1. The majority of grievances within police agencies are a result
of dissatisfaction with
A. working conditions and equipment.
B. upper-level management.
C. rules and procedures.
2. A state of exhaustion, depersonalization, and reduced personal
accomplishment is called
A. distress. C. desynchronization.
B. eustress. D. burnout.
3. A technique used to resolve conflicts between employees that sometimes works but
sometimes makes matters worse is the
A. confrontation technique. C. mediation technique.
B. arbitration technique. D. pinch model technique.
4. To be effective, discipline must be
A. administered only when there’s sufficient evidence that it will work.
B. used to set an example for the group.
C. witnessed by other members of the group.
D. carried out as close to the time of the violation as possible.
5. A formally registered complaint is known as a(n)
A. grievance. C. mediation.
B. arbitration. D. pinch.
6. Which of the following is a positive coping mechanism that’s commonly used by
A. Abnormal use of sick leave C. Excessive physical exercise
B. Good nutrition D. Homeostasis
7. A type of disagreement or controversy that’s stimulating, that enriches personal
relationships, and that encourages better decision making is called
A. constructive conflict. C. negative conflict.
B. approach-avoidance. D. the 10/80/10 principle.
8. A small problem between individuals, a situation in which individuals feel something
is wrong, is sometimes called a(n)
A. crunch. C. performance conflict.
B. internal complaint. D. pinch.
9. When a neutral, outside third party is brought to an organization to settle a dispute
between groups (where the solution will be binding), that neutral party is said to be
A. sustained complaints. C. arbitration.
B. summation. D. formal grievance settlement.
10. A challenge to the status quo that offers constructive alternatives is called
A. internal dissolution. C. conflict.
B. healthy conflict. D. motivation.
11. In positive discipline, training is used to foster performance at peak efficiency and
A. compliance with rules. C. high morale.
B. ethical conduct. D. positive feelings.
12. The Garrity protection takes place when
A. an officer has been formally charged with a grievance.
B. an officer provides written notification that a statement or report was involuntary.
C. mediation fails to produce a solution.
D. city officials enter the grievance process.
13. Your chief has requested that you develop an organizational (agency) approach to reduce
stress levels of employees, particularly commissioned officers. Which of the following
would be an organizational approach?
A. Recommend individual exercise programs for employees.
B. Provide more days off for stressed employees.
C. Introduce mandatory discipline for too many sick days used.
D. Create peer support groups for those in need.
14. A supervisor divides the work force into high achievers, average achievers, and
unmotivated troublemakers. This supervisor is applying the
A. principle approach. C. 10/80/10 principle.
B. conflict principle. D. Lautin principle.
15. A type of difficult personality who is generally silent, seldom offers opinions, and offers
short and noncommittal responses is called a(n)
A. avoider. C. sniper.
B. passive. D. pessimist.
16. Discipline within a police agency can be defined simply as
A. imposed expectations. C. controlled behavior.
B. self-imposed rules. D. self-controlled expectations.
17. A supervisor allows a subordinate to accumulate negative behaviors before taking
corrective action. This management approach is called the
A. avoidance approach. C. retentive approach.
B. summary approach. D. gunnysack approach.
18. A stress-reducing program that aims to provide psychological counseling for officers soon
after a serious disturbance (such as a multiple murder or a mass disaster) occurs is called
A. a stress management seminar.
B. critical incident stress debriefing.
D. post-traumatic stress counseling.
19. A positive type of stress that enables people to accomplish goals and function in
emergency situations is called
A. eustress. C. acute stress.
B. distress. D. homeostasis.
20. When a conflict arises during a crisis, the best way for a manager to handle the situation
A. follow established procedures and the chain of command.
B. discuss the situation with all parties involved and encourage participatory leadership.
C. call a meeting to explore the causes and determine possible alternatives.
D. ignore the conflict and postpone dealing with it until after the crisis has passed.
Share this conversation
replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You need to spend $3 to view this post.
to your account and buy credits.
Chris M. and 5 other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
Refer to the Excel file Salary (attached to the assignment)
I have a microsoft viso revison assighnbment thats due in 12
In Excel for Mac (2011 and 2015 at least), popout comments
How would you respond to Carol? Describe issues you yourself
For LogicPro - Remote help"
For LogicPro only
Can you assist
Write 5 page on the struggle for civil rights in the United
Stem cells. Your friend had a spinal cord injury after a bad
Firewall Inbound and Outbound Rules, you are given a set-up
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
42 Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2016 JustAnswer LLC