Matrix
Matrix, Tutor
Experience:  Masters
21626334

The instructions .... In approaching this assignment, the

Customer Question

cancel
Category: Homework
Expert:  Matrix replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for request. Please post the question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
table { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: windowtext; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Arial; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl24 { color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; }

In approaching this assignment, the student is to develop, analyze, compare two separate alternatives presented in the case verbiage and make a recommendation that one alternative be followed.
The two alternatives are to 1) invest in Hi-Tech Manufacturing or 2) broker/ wholesale furniture for other companies
We will not be using the protective coating as a stand-alone alternative…you can integrate this business opportunity into the scenarios or ignore for opportunity for this analysis.
Using the revenue and cost figures and projection assumptions given, you are to calculate a FIVE-YEAR projection for the the following items for each of the two alternatives
Balance Sheet
Income Statement
Cash Flow
CAPM (re)
WACC (re & rd)
Discounted Cash Flows
NPV/IRR/Payback
Given the above you are to compare / contrast the risks of each alternative and based on the above quantitative data, and the risk discussion, provide your assessment of each alternative and a recommendation that one alternative be followed.
Note -- please realize that the assumptions in the two scenarios are just that -- "assumptions". They are given to create an example of the decision making process used
in conjuction with capital budgeting tools.
As with most companies you may walk in as a consultant, the data presented may not be clearly or logically presented, or correlate perfectly. Do the best you can with data presented.

find the data here http://viewer.zoho.com/docs/view.do
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
table { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: windowtext; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Arial; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl24 { color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; }.xl25 { color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; white-space: normal; }.xl26 { white-space: normal; }
Balance Sheet
Income Statement
Cash Flow
CAPM (re)
WACC (re & rd)
Discounted Cash Flows
NPV/IRR/Payback
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://viewer.zoho.com/docs/gdbb2p

data is here .... apologies for the confusion
Expert:  Matrix replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. I got it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

Just checking in to see if you have an ETA for this assignment?

thank you!
Expert:  Matrix replied 3 years ago.
I will submit it by Saturday.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that's perfect - thank you for the feedback.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you going to be able to submit the assignment this weekend?

thank you
Expert:  Matrix replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I will submit it.
Expert:  Matrix replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.