Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Not a Homework Question?
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris M. Your Own Question
M.S.W. Social Work
Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Chris M. is online now
Penn foster 40653300 L3 Managers and the Skills of Others 1.
This answer was rated:
Penn foster 40653300 L3 Managers and the Skills of Others
1. A _______ is an effective means of training that’s devised
to immerse participants in life-like events to elicit probable
A. simulation C. role-playing exercise
B. videoconference D. case study
2. According to Maslow’s job factors, merit pay raises fall at the
A. esteem. C. safety/security.
B. physiological need. D. self-actualization.
3. A relationship model based on the concept that there are four parts to individual identity
(open self, hidden self, blind self, and subconscious self) is known as the
A. hierarchy of needs. C. Johari Window.
B. Theory X. D. self-actualization.
4. A manager has fitted a task to a specific officer based on the agency’s goals. This
manager has applied the
A. reinforcement theory. C. expectancy theory.
B. contingency theory. D. hierarchy of needs theory.
5. An inner or outer drive to meet a goal is known as
A. hierarchy of needs. C. morale.
B. motivation. D. objective need.
6. The steadfast adherence to a code of conduct is known as
A. moral behavior. C. moral literacy.
B. ethics. D. integrity.
7. According to B. F. Skinner, which of the following will increase a desired behavior?
A. Negative reinforcement C. Positive reinforcement
B. Job enrichment D. Summary discipline
8. Which of the following is an example of an intangible reward?
A. Recognition C. Favorable working conditions
B. A title D. Paid vacation days
9. Any police-initiated activity that relies on ethnicity or national origin rather than the
behavior of an individual is called
A. minority worldview. C. preemptive action.
B. prejudicial action. D. racial profiling.
10. Josh enjoys working in groups and the use of technology in learning. He is attracted to law
enforcement because of the opportunities to mentor and work in teams that it will afford
him. Josh is most likely a part of which generation?
A. The Veterans generation
B. The Baby Boomers generation
C. Generation X
D. Generation Y
11. The sum of the values and beliefs shared by those within an organization and used to
shape expectations is the
A. workplace culture.
C. organizational metamorphosis.
D. collective morale.
12. During a question-and-answer session, a rhetorical question is one that will
A. test knowledge.
B. be used when an answer isn’t expected.
C. encourage students to express opinions.
13. More lawsuits are being filed against police agencies than at any time in history.
One common denominator that seems to occur in almost all of these cases is
A. personal incompetence. C. failure to act.
B. failure to train. D. poor management.
14. During the training process, the method of presenting the same information several
different times is known as
A. rote learning. C. interval reinforcement.
B. pedagogy. D. rhetorical questioning.
15. The detailed, formally stated summary of duties and responsibilities for a position is
A. job skills summary. C. vocational culture.
B. job description. D. vocational traits.
16. When training in a law enforcement environment, as a group, the learning preferences
of baby boomers include
A. stress-free and unhurried environments, with experienced instructors.
B. games and activities, and creative, challenging options.
C. the use of technology and working collectively.
D. problem solving in a nonauthoritarian environment.
17. An understanding of the diversity of the population and an appreciation for the dynamics
of majority-minority relationships is called
A. minority worldview. C. cultural awareness.
B. touchstone values. D. workplace culture.
18. The work theory that indicates that employees will choose the level of performance that
matches the opportunity for reward is called the
A. expectancy theory. C. reinforcement theory.
B. contingency theory. D. external motivation theory.
19. A motivational method that involves adding variety, increased responsibility, greater
autonomy, and deeper personal involvement to routine job tasks is called
A. job rotation. C. positive reinforcement.
B. job enrichment. D. job enlargement.
20. The three general categories of learning style are
A. visual, auditory, and kinesthetic.
B. auditory, motor, and preference.
C. motor, pedagogy, and auditory.
D. andragogy, visual, and auditory.
Share this conversation
replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You need to spend $3 to view this post.
to your account and buy credits.
Chris M. and 3 other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
Here are the questions it's a college physics, basic ones
NOT GLENN NOR F. NAZ PLEASE Does speed = weight of an object
Elevating an injured body part above the heart for the first
Using the IP number & Mask is 18.104.22.168/23. Please find the
I need help with xml homework
NOT GLENN OR F. NAZ PLEASE What are English teachers trained
Need help with Creating a Visual Logic program with loops.
I need help with this question ASAP Elements of Chemistry
Suppose h(t) represents the average height in metres of
Statistics 9 questions, added document with the questions I
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
37 Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2016 JustAnswer LLC