Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

1. Dividend payments are categorized as (Points 5)

Customer Question

1. Dividend payments are categorized as: (Points: 5)
cash flow from operating activities.
cash flow from investment activities.
cash flow from financing activities.
all of the above.

2.
The world of finance can be divided into three broad areas: the banking system, financial management and investments/financial markets.

(Points: 5)
True
False

3.
Bondholders are rewarded by receiving interest and a share of the company's profits.

(Points: 5)
True
False

4. Net working capital can be referred to as: (Points: 5)
total assets minus current liabilities
current assets minus total liabilities
cash minus current liabilities
current assets minus current liabilities

5.
The CFO is the person primarily responsible for judging the financial viability of projects proposed by other executives.

(Points: 5)
True
False

6.
The proprietorship form of organization gives the business owner the protection of limited liability (Points: 5)
True
False

7. A business's financial statements are numerical representations of what it is physically doing (Points: 5)
True
False

8. The income statement measures the flow of funds in and out of the firm over a period of time. (Points: 5)
True
False

9. Three years ago a piece of equipment was purchased for $10,000. Assuming an eight-year life and straight-line depreciation, financial statements for the third year will show: (Points: 5)
depreciation expense of $3,000 on the income statement, and accumulated depreciation of $3,000 on the balance sheet.
depreciation expense of $1,250 on the income statement, and accumulated depreciation of $3,000 on the balance sheet.
depreciation expense of $1,250 on the income statement, and accumulated depreciation of $3,750 on the balance sheet.
depreciation expense of $1,250 on the income statement, and accumulated depreciation of $1,250 on the balance sheet.

10. Municipal bonds are debt obligations of the states, municipalities and political subdivisions. They are exempt from federal taxation. (Points: 5)
True
False

11. The statement, "you can't know where you're going 'till you know where you came from," means that the past, with consideration of current information, is usually one of the best indicators of the firm's future performance. (Points: 5)
True
False

12. Both accounting and finance are concerned primarily with the creation of financial statements and their use as tools for evaluating the firm's future prospects. (Points: 5)
True
False

13. In addition to raising money, the government uses the tax system to (Points: 5)
Promote a larger and more comprehensive government authority
Incentivize desirable behavior on the part of taxpayers
Support our position as the world's strongest nation
Keep the nation growing as rapidly as possible

14. The ultimate test of a firm's efficient use of its stockholders' money is its return on equity. (Points: 5)
True
False

15. Differences between net income and cash flow come from: (Points: 5)
accounts receivable
depreciation
short-term securities
All of the above
A and B only

16. A high inventory turnover ratio would be important to a company whose product has a high level of spoilage. (Points: 5)
True
False

17. A debt to equity ratio of 2:1 suggests that for every dollar the firm has in equity, it has two dollars of long-term debt. (Points: 5)
True
False

18.

Financial assets are valuable because they give owners rights to future cash flows.

(Points: 5)
True
False

19. Cash flow from operating activities is increased by: (Points: 5)
depreciation
an increase in accounts receivable
an increase in inventory
a decrease in accounts payable
all of the above

20.
The stock market is really the entire network of investors, brokers, and exchanges all connected together.

(Points: 5)
True
False

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Kathy :

I will answer these questions for you tonight. Thanks

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.