Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

HSM /270 Your text identifies three advantages of the empowerment

Customer Question

HSM /270 Your text identifies three advantages of the empowerment evaluation model. When would the empowerment evaluation approach be appropriate for the human services field? When would it be inappropriate? Use the context of your chosen scenario from Appendix B to support your position.

the scenario i chose is below can someone help me please????

Madison Children’s Hospital

Organization Mission

The mission of the Madison Children’s Hospital is to be the worldwide leader in improving children's health by providing the highest quality health care:

• Be the leading source of research and discovery.
• Educate the next generation of leaders in child health.
• Enhance the health and well-being of children and families in our local community.

Strategic objectives include quality and safety, leadership of tomorrow, state-of-the-art facilities, workplace of choice, financial strength, healthy neighborhoods and community, and pioneering new frontiers of knowledge.

Brief Community Description

Over the last 5 years, Madison Children’s Hospital has recorded an increasing number of children with chronic illnesses. With increasing concern, the hospital understands that these chronic illnesses are affecting school attendance and the overarching academic success of children, in addition to the income levels and career advancement of their parents. Researchers suspect the unmanaged status of the children’s chronic illnesses is strongly related to this concern. The hospital and schools are very interested in addressing this concern.

Funding Opportunity

The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) issued by the National Institute of Health Care is to solicit research to improve self-management and quality of life in children and adolescents with chronic illnesses. Biobehavioral studies of children in the context of family and family-community dynamics are encouraged. Children diagnosed with chronic illness and their families have a long-term responsibility for self-management. A child with chronic illness will have a life-long responsibility to maintain and promote health and prevent complications. Research related to biological and technological factors, as well as sociocultural, environmental, and behavioral mechanisms that contribute to successful and ongoing self-management of chronic illnesses in children is also encouraged. This FOA is restricted to studies of chronic illnesses in children and adolescents ages 8 to 21, grouped by developmental stages left to the discretion of the investigator. Studies of chronic mental illness or serious cognitive disability are beyond the scope of this FOA. The total project period for an application submitted in response to this funding opportunity may not exceed 2 years. Direct costs are limited to $275,000 over a 2-year period, with no more than $200,000 in direct costs allowed in any single year. The funding is not renewable.
Category: Homework