Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters

Which of the following statements about political systems and

Customer Question

Which of the following statements about political systems and their interrelated dimensions is false?Answer

Systems that emphasize collectivism tend toward totalitarianism.
Systems that place a high value on individualism tend to be democratic.
Democratic societies can emphasize a mix of collectivism and individualism.
It is impossible to have totalitarian societies that are not collectivist.

10 points

Question 2

The law that makes it illegal to bribe a foreign government official in order to maintain business over which that foreign official has authority, and requires all publicly traded companies to keep detailed records that would allow determining whether a violation of the act has occurred is the:
Answer CIGS.
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Economic Cooperation Anti Corruption Act.
Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Officials in International Transactions.

10 points

Question 3

The common law system:
Answer lacks the flexibility that other systems have.
is based on tradition, precedent, and custom.
gives judges the power only to apply the law.
is based on a detailed set of laws organized into codes.

10 points

Question 4

The utilitarian approach to business ethics suggests that:
Answer people should be treated as ends and never purely as means to the ends of others.
the moral worth of actions or practices is determined by their consequences.
people have dignity and need to be treated as such.
human beings have fundamental rights and privileges that transcend national cultures.

10 points

Question 5

Establishing _____ involves a business' resolve to place moral concerns ahead of other concerns in cases where either the fundamental rights of stakeholders or key moral principles have been violated.
Answer a veil of ignorance
a difference principle
moral imagination
moral intent

10 points

Question 6

To guard against abuse of employment practices in other nations, multinationals should do all of the following except:
Answer establish minimal acceptable standards that safeguard the basic rights and dignity of employees.
adhere to working conditions of the host country if they are clearly inferior to those in a multinational's home nation.
audit foreign subsidiaries and subcontractors on a regular basis to make sure established standards are met.
take action to correct unacceptable behavior.

10 points

Question 7

Article 1 of the United Nations' Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights." This best echoes:
Answer cultural relativism.
Friedman doctrine.
the righteous moralist approach.
Kantian ethics.

10 points

Question 8

Which of the following statements about values and norms of a culture is not true?
Answer The values and norms of a society do not emerge fully formed
They are the evolutionary product of a number of factors
They are influenced by religion
They do not influence social structure

10 points

Question 9

During the 1960s and 1970s, class divisions in _____ raised the cost of doing business there, relative to other European countries.
Answer Great Britain
Switzerland
Norway
Germany

10 points

Question 10

The _____ dimension of Hofstede's study explores how a society deals with the fact that people are unequal in physical and intellectual capabilities.
Answer
power distance
individualism vs. collectivism
uncertainty avoidance
masculinity vs. femininity
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!