Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1) Which of the following best describes catheterization a.

1) Which of the following best describes catheterization? a. Burning away of cancerous tissue b. Visualization of the large intestine c. Implantation of an intrauterine birth control device d. Placement of a drainage tube into the bladder 2) Which is a condition of the male sex gland surrounding the urethra just under the urinary bladder? a. Cryptorchidism b. Hypogonadism c. Benign prostatic hyperplasia d. Bulbourethritisules 3) Spermatozoa are manufactured in the a. stroma b. seminiferous tubules c. vas deferens d. prostate 4) Urine is formed by the a. nephrons b. renal pelvis c. ureters d. bladder 5) The papanicolaou test is used to detect a. conization in situ b. protein in the urine c. minimal cervical dysplasia d. colonic polyposis 6) the function of the antidiuretic hormone is to a. retain water for the body's use b. begin digestion of carbohydrates during chewing c. stimulate the maturation of red blood cells in bone marrow d. spur the onset of puberty 7) A staghorn calculus is a a. type of kidney stone b. part of the uterus c. gallstone d. hardening of dental plaque 8) What is cystitis? a. A congenital condition of the kidneys b. inflammation of cysts in any organ c. A type of urinary tract infection d. Irritation of the urethra and/or meatus 9) Uremia is the result of a. electrolye imbalance in the intracellular body fluids b. a high concentration of nitrogenous wastes in the bloodstream c. reduced delivery of oxygen to tissues d. toxic buildup of ketone bodies in the blood and urine. 10) What does dysuria mean? a) Without formation of urine b) Excessive urination c) Difficult, painful urination d) Scanty urination 11) Which of the following systems would be the portal of entry for contaminated vaginal secretions? a) Nervous b) LYmphatic c) Genitourinary d) Musculoskeletal 12) A patient showing Kaposi's sarcoma is also likely to be infected with a. ARC b. HIV c. Epstein-Barr virus d. Reed-Sterenberg cells 13) A procedure used to remove kidney stones by breaking them up in the urinary tract and allowing them to wash out with urine is a. ureterolithotomy b. lithopaxy c.lithotripsy d. nephrolithotomy 14) the convulsive stage of toxemia of pregnancy is a. eclampsia b. dyspareunia c. carcinoma in situ d. colposcopy 15) When comparing the blood smears of patients with intact spleens to those of patients without spleens, the blood smears of patients without spleens will likely reveal a. many more fragile and old erythrocytes b. many more lymphocytes and monocytes c. many more bacteria d. less red blood cells 16) All of the following except______ refer to the female womb a. METR/O b. HYSTER/O c. UTER/O d. PELVIC/O 17) The period of time when the uterus returns to its normal size is the a. luteal phase b. menarche c. puerperium d. ovulation 18) Your brother develps a fever, extreme fatigue, and enlarged lymph nodes throughout his body. If his illness is caused by a virus, the best treatment is a. chemotherapy and radiotherapy b. antivirals c. surgery d. bed rest 19) One of the distinguishing characteristics between HIV and AIDS is a. the length of time since the HIV infection b. the mode of transmission of the HIV infection c. the development of opportunistic infections d. the types of treatment available 20) Which of the following contains erythrocytes? a. Lymph fluid b. Lymph vessels c. Lymph nodes d. spleen
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)