Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. Stare decisis refers to the practice of decising new cases

Customer Question

1. Stare decisis refers to the practice of decising new cases with reference to previous decisions. (Points: 4)
True
False

2. If an act is legal, it is ethical. (Points: 4)
True
False

3. Generally, a court can exercise jurisdiction over the residents of the state in which the court is located. (Points: 4)
True
False

4. The Bill of Rights protects individuals against various types of interference by the federal government only. (Points: 4)
True
False

5. A person who borrows a friend's car and fails to return it at the friend's request is guilty of conversion. (Points: 4)
True
False

6. A copyright is infringed only if a work is copied in its entirety. (Points: 4)
True
False

7. Jane goes into Robert's car, and without his knowledge, takes his car radio. Jane is guilty of robbery. (Points: 4)
True
False

8. A court imposes a quasi contract to avoid one party's unjust enrichment at another's expense. (Points: 4)
True
False

9. Offers that must be kept open for a period of time include advertisements. (Points: 4)
True
False

10. A promise to do what one already has a legal duty to do is not legally sufficient consideration under most circumstances. (Points: 4)
True
False

11. An exculpatory clauses are rarely enforced. (Points: 4)
True
False

12. The age of majority for contractual purposes is twenty-one years for females and eighteen years for males. (Points: 4)
True
False

13. When both parties to a contract are mistaken as to the same fact, the contract cannot be rescinded by either party. (Points: 4)
True
False

14. Pedro is selling his iPod to Jerry for $250. Because this is a contract involving the sale of goods, in excess of $200, it must be in writing. (Points: 4)
True
False

15. Intended beneficiaries have no legal rights under a contract. (Points: 4)
True
False

16. Liquidated damages are an uncertain amount. (Points: 4)
True
False

17. State e-signature laws are not uniform. (Points: 4)
True
False

18. Gary hits Timothy in the back of the head. Gary is guilty of an assault. (Points: 4)
True
False

19. The President can hold acts of Congress and of the courts unconstitutional. (Points: 4)
True
False

20. Suzy pays Triple-A Office Supply Company $1,500 for a new laptop com­puter. According to the UCC, this is (Points: 4)
a gift
a lease
a sale
not a gift, a lease, or a sale.

21. Standard Office Corporation pays Tech Products $1,000 to use a Tech com­puter for a month. For purposes of the UCC, this is (Points: 4)
a consignment
a lease
a sale
a gift

22. Southern Distribution, Inc., signs a receipt for goods that will also serve as a contract for the goods’ transport. This is (Points: 4)
a bill of lading
a destination contract
a shipment contract
a warehouse receipt

23. The right of A-Plus Design, Inc., to reject goods that fail to conform to its contract with Brittle Bottling Company is (Points: 4)
the mere image rule
the mailbox rule
the parole evidence rule
the perfect tender rule

24. Better Home Products, Inc. (BHP), salespersons tell potential customers that BHP prod­ucts are “excellent.” This is (Points: 4)
an express warranty
an implied warranty
a warranty of title
puffery

25. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules that A+ Goods, Inc., engages in de­ceptive advertising when it markets its product Best Cleaner as able to kill germs over long periods of time. In an action against A+ re­gard­ing Best, XXXXX XXXXX orders A+ to stop its false advertising of Best. This is (Points: 4)
bait and switch advertising
a cease and desist order
a counteradvertising order
excessive abuse of authority
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)