Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
3708793

For Business Tutor Chapter 16 Problems 1) Shapland Inc.

Customer Question

"For Business Tutor"
Chapter 16 Problems
1) Shapland Inc. has fixed operating costs of $500,000 and variable costs of $50 per unit. If it sells the product for $75 per unit, what is the break-even quantity?
2) Counts Accounting has a beta of 1.15. The tax rate is 40% and Counts is financed with 45% debt. What is Counts’s unlevered beta?
3) Ethier Enterprise has an unlevered beta of 1.0. Ethier is financed with 50% debt and has a levered beta of 1.6. If the risk-free rate is 5.5% and the market risk premium is 6%, how much is the additional premium that Ethier’s shareholders require to be compensated for financial risk?
4) Nichols Corporation’s value of operations is equal to $500 million after a recapitalization (the firm had no debt before the recap). It raised $200 million in new debt and used this to buy back stock. Nichols had no short-term investments before or after the recap. After the recap, wd _ 0.4. What is S (the value of equity after the recap)?
5)Lee Manufacturing’s value of operations is equal to $900 million after a recapitalization (the firm had no debt before the recap). Lee raised $300 million in new debt and used this to buy back stock. Lee had no short-term investments before or after the recap. After the recap, wd _ 1/3. The firm had 30 million shares before the recap. What is P (the stock price after the recap)?
6)Dye Trucking raised $150 million in new debt and used this to buy back stock. After the recap, Dye’s stock price is $7.5. If Dye had 60 million shares of stock before the recap, how many shares does it have after the recap?
7) Schweser Satellites Inc. produces satellite earth stations that sell for $100,000 each. The firm’s fixed costs, F, are $2 million; 50 earth stations are produced and sold each year; profits total $500,000; and the firm’s assets (all equity financed) are $5 million. The firm estimates that it can change its production process, adding $4 million to investment and $500,000 to fixed operating costs. This change will (1) reduce variable costs per unit by $10,000 and (2) increase output by 20 units, but (3) the sales price on all units will have to be lowered to $95,000 to permit sales of the additional output. The firm has tax loss carry forwards that cause its tax rate to be zero, its cost of equity is 16%, and it uses no debt.
a. What is the incremental profit? To get a rough idea of the project’s profitability, what is the project’s expected rate of return for the next year (defined as the incremental profit divided by the investment)? Should the firm make the investment?
b. Would the firm’s break-even point increase or decrease if it made the change?
c. Would the new situation expose the firm to more or less business risk than the old one?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience: More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i can't access the answer. would you post it in ms word please

It is in word.. We are having technical problems with the file attachment feature on JA so I uploaded the solutions to an external file sharing website

Click on the link, it will open a new site, to your right you will see a link that says something like "Click Here to Download File", click on that and you will be able to access the file

Thank you

Were you able to open it?

Also, please note that I have answered the question based on your message that said "

I posted my question and I am going to pay you 25 once u answer the question. it is due Thursday", so please add that

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok i have it now i will post my other question some time this weekend. I accepted your answer so you should have the money. The amount was 25 dollars that I put into my account

No, you need to add that as a bonus. The money (if taken already from your credit card or bank account) is still in your JA account, you need to add a bonus so that the amount gets transferred to my account

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I didn't understand how to do it. Thank you again. I will post my other question on Saturday. It is due by Thursday.

Yes, that worked :)

Thanks a million

For future posts, please take the amount of work involved into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions

Thanks again

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okl
Thanks a million Cool
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do u wrtier papers

No, I am sorry :(
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do u help with mutiple choice test.

Yes, but I am very busy now as I am helping someone with his final. Please read the following:

If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

I am done, but it seems that you have logged off. If you need help with MC questions, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need help with my final on October 12, 2011. It is a multiple question test. the book is

Northouse. P. G. (2010). Leadership theory and practice (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. ISBN-13: 9781412974882

I am sorry I cannot help with that.

All the best