Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters

1. The seriousness of an offerors intent is determined by

Customer Question

<p> </p><p> TRUE OR FALSE</p><p>1. The seriousness of an offeror's intent is determined by what a reasonable offeree would conclude was meant by the offeror's words and actions. 2. A contract providing that Joe is to pay Bill "a fair share of the profits" will be enforced. 3. A simply rejection of an offer will terminate it. 4. Offers that must be kept open for a period of time include advertisements. 5. The mirror image rule is an old rule that no longer applies. 6. If an offeree is silent, he or she can never be considered to have accepted an offer. 7. An offer terminates when the time specified in the offer has passed and the offeror has given one last chance to the offeree to accept. 8. Anyone who is aware of an offer can accept it and createa binding contract. 9. Acceptance is timely if it is made before an offer terminates. 10. There is no such thing as an irrevocable offer. 11. An adult who enters into a contract with a minor generally cannot avoid the contract. 12. When a minor disaffirms a contract, whatever the minor transferred as consideration(or its value) normaly must be returned. 13. A person who is so intoxicated as to lack mental capacity when he or she enters into a contract must perform the contract even if the other party has a reason to know of the intoxication. 14. Emancipation has no effect on a minor's contractual capacity. 15. If an individual who has not been judged mentally incompetent understands the nature and effect of entering into a certain contract, the contract is normally valid. 16. The age of majority for contractual purposes is twenty-one years for males and eighteen years for females. 17. Some states' statues restricts minors from avoiding certain contracts, including certain insurance contracts and loans for education or medical care. 18. Generally, parents are liable for contracts made by their minor children. 19. In most cases, a person, to disaffirm a contract entered into when he or she was intoxicated, must return any consideration received. 20. A minor may dissafirma contract entered into with an adult. 21. An exculpatory clause may or may not be enforced. 22. An adhesion contract will never be deemed unconscionable. 23. An illegal contract is valid unless it is executory. 24. If the purpose of a licensing statue is to protect the public from unlicensed practitioners, a contract entered into with a unlicensed practitioner is unenforceable. 25. Covenants not to compete are never enforceable. 26. Usury is charging an illegal rate of interest. 27. There is no difference between gambling and the risk that underlies most contracts. 28. All states have statutes that regulate gambling.</p>
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Kathy :

I will work on these questions for you tonight. Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Attached are your answers. I highlighted the true statements. Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?vz7gp5ggd11g2ud

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
CHAPTER1href="http://www.justanswer.com/homework/4k57g-1-seriousness-offeror-s-intent-determined.html TRUE OR FALSE 1. If the subject of a sale is goods, Article 2 of the UCC applies. 2. A contract for a sale of goods is subject to the same traditional principles that apply to all contracts. 3. If the subject of a transaction is a service, Article 2 of the UCC applies. 4. The UCC requires that an agreement modifying a contract must be supported by the new consideration to be binding. 5. Under the UCC's Statute of Frauds, writing must include all material terms except quantity. 6. An unconscionable contract so one sided and unfair, at the time it is made, that enforcing it would be unreasonable. 7. A lease agreement is a bargain between a lessor and a lessee, as shown by their words and conduct. href="http://www.justanswer.com/homework/4k57g-1-seriousness-offeror-s-intent-determined.html. Under the UCC, acceptance can be made by any means of communication reasonable under the circumstances. 9. No oral contract is enforceable under the UCC. CHAPTER19 TRUE OR FALSE 1. Identification occurs when goods are shipped by the seller. 2. Unless the parties agree otherwise, title passes at the time and place that the buyer accepts the goods. 3. Unless a contract provides otherwise, it is normally assumed to be shipment contract. 4. A buyer and a seller cannot both have an insurable interest in the same goods at the same time. 5. In a sale on approval, the risk of loss passes to the buyer as soon as the buyer takes possession. 6. A buyer can acquire valid title to stolen goods if he or she does not know that the goods are stolen. 7. Under a destination contract, title passes at the time and place of shipment. href="http://www.justanswer.com/homework/4k57g-1-seriousness-offeror-s-intent-determined.html. If a seller is a merchant, the risk of loss passes when a buyer takes possession of the goods.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Do you need for me to post the link again in mediafire of the answers? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope I was just wondering if you would like to help me with those I just added it
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

I can help you. I don't see the posted questions under Homework. Do you mind sending them back to me? Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CHAPTER15

TRUE OR FALSE QUESTIONS

• 1. Intended beneficiaries have no legal rights under a contract. FALSE
  • 2. The party who makes an assignment is the assignee. FALSE
  • 3. All rights can be assigned. FALSE
  • 4. If a contract contains a clause that prohibits assignment of the contract, then ordinarily the contract cannot be assigned. TRUE
  • 5. A right to the payment of money may be assigned. TRUE
  • 6. An assignment is not effective without notice. FALSE
  • 7. No special form is required to create a valid delegation of duties. TRUE
  • 8. Only intended beneficiaries acquire legal rights in a contract. TRUE
  • 9. A transfer of duties is called a delegation. TRUE
  • 10. If a delegate fails to perform, the delegator must do so. FALSE

CHAPTER16

TRUE OR FALSE QUESTIONS.

• 1. Complete performance occurs when a contract's conditions are fully satisfied. TRUE
  • 2. A material breach of contract does not discharge the other party's duty to perform. FALSE
  • 3. An executor contract cannot be rescinded. TRUE
  • 4. Normal damages compensate a nonbreaching party for the loss of the contract or give a nonbreaching party the benefit of the contract.
  • 5. Punitive damages are usually not awarded for a breach of contract.
  • 6. Liquidated damages are uncertain in amount.
  • 7. Consequential damages are awarded for foreseeable losses caused by special circumstances beyond the contract.
  • 8. Specific performance is available only when damages are also an adequate remedy.
  • 9. Objective impossibility discharges a contract.

CHAPTER17

TRUE OR FALSES

1. A shrink-wrap agreement is normally not enforced.
  2. A click-on agreement is normally enforced.
  3. State e-signature laws are not uniform.
  4. Under federal law, a signature may be denied legal effect simply because it is in electronic form.
  5. The uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) is a federal law.
  6. The UETA does not apply to a transaction unless the parties agree to apply it.
  7. Under the UETA, a person's signature is not necessary to give effect to an electronic record.
  8. Under the UETA, a contract is enforceable even if it is in electronic form.
  9. An e-record is considered received under the UETA only if a person is aware of its receipt.

CHAPTER18

TRUE OR FALSE

1. If the subject of a sale is goods, Article 2 of the UCC applies.
  2. A contract for a sale of goods is subject to the same traditional principles that apply to all contracts.
  3. If the subject of a transaction is a service, Article 2 of the UCC applies.
  4. The UCC requires that an agreement modifying a contract must be supported by the new consideration to be binding.
  5. Under the UCC's Statute of Frauds, writing must include all material terms except quantity.
  6. An unconscionable contract so one sided and unfair, at the time it is made, that enforcing it would be unreasonable.
  7. A lease agreement is a bargain between a lessor and a lessee, as shown by their words and conduct.
  8. Under the UCC, acceptance can be made by any means of communication reasonable under the circumstances.
  9. No oral contract is enforceable under the UCC.

I WILL ADD A BONUS...THANKS

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

I will work on them tonight and send you the mediafire link. Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher