Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

US HISTORY - CTC CHAPTER 5 1) One example of the

Customer Question

US HISTORY - CTC

CHAPTER 5
1) One example of the inadequacies of the Articles of Confederation was the inability of the
United States to
A) prevent English annexation of Florida .
B) force England to withdraw its troops from American soil after the Revolutionary War.
C) encourage British merchants to export low-priced manufactured goods to America .
D) force England to abandon military posts it built beyond the boundaries of the original
thirteen states.
E) prohibit French settlers from claiming American land in the Ohio River Valley .

2) "A little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as
storms in the physical. . . .An observation of this truth should render honest republican
governors so mild in their punishments of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is
a medicine necessary for the sound health of government. . . ." The above was
A) XXXXX XXXXX on the Revolutionary War.
B) Alexander Hamilton on the Whiskey Rebellion.
C) James Madison on the Citizen Genet Affair.
D) Thomas Jefferson on Shays's Rebellion.
E) James Monroe on the XYZ Affair.

3) The principle of the Three-fifths Compromise was that
A) amendments could be made in the Constitution with the consent of three -fifths of the
states.
B) three-fifths of the members of the House and of the Senate needed to approve all
important bills in Congress.
C) treaties could be ratified only by a three-fifths majority of the Senators.
D) three-fifths of the slaves would be counted in determining each state's representation
and share of direct federal taxes.
E) no more than three-fifths of the members of the House could come from one-fifth of the
states.

4) Examining the debate over ratifying the Constitution, the text concludes that the
A) the Federalists generally were favored free choice over power and tended to resent those
who sought and held power.
B) Anti-Federalists were opposed to the Constitution for primarily economic reasons.
C) Federalists used their superior political organization and persuasive abilities to great
advantage.
D) Anti-Federalists generally agreed on the need for a more energetic national government.
E) Anti-Federalists used their superior political organization and persuasive abilities to
great advantage.

5) Alexander Hamilton's Report on Public Credit presented a plan deliberately intended to
A) bankrupt the states and increase the power of the federal government.
B) give a special advantage to the rich and thus win their support.
C) penalize speculation in government securities.
D) aid veterans of the Revolution in financing land purchases.
E) provide help to debtor farmers.

6) The conduct of "Citizen" Genet was unacceptable to the American government because he was
A) attempting to lead the southwestern territories into secession.
B) working to overthrow Washington's administration.
C) licensing American vessels as privateers against British shipping.
D) involved in political intrigues with Governor Clinton of New York .
E) trying to enlist Americans to fight against Napoleon.

7) In the early 1790s General Anthony Wayne's decisive defeat of the Native Americans in Ohio
in the Battle of ________ opened that territory to settlement.
A) Tippecanoe
B) Murfreesboro
C) Fallen Timbers
D) Cowpens
E) Prophet's Town

8) In his "Farewell Address," XXXXX XXXXX indicated his
A) support of northern commercial interests.
B) preference that XXXXX XXXXX be the next president.
C) belief that political parties were harmful and divisive.
D) willingness to run for a third term if nominated.
E) support for a military alliance with England .

9) The XYZ Affair resulted in
A) the creation of a Navy department and military appropriations to pursue the Federalist
demands for war with France .
B) France unilaterally ending the alliance of 1778 with America .
C) France securing an alliance by bribing the American negotiators.
D) New England withdrawing from the Union .
E) the creation of a permanent standing army with military appropriations to pursue the
Republican demands for war with England .

10) According to the Kentucky and Virginia Resolves, a law of Congress could be declared
unconstitutional by
A) the president.
B) constitutional conventions in two-thirds of the states.
C) one-third of the states acting in common.
D) a specially elected Council of Censors.
E) an individual state.

CHAPTER 6

11) A direct consequence of the election of 1800 was the constitutional amendment stipulating
A) a single electoral college ballot in which the candidate with the most votes became
president and the runner-up became vice president.
B) the date for inaugurating the president.
C) the organization of political parties.
D) separate electoral college ballots for president and vice-president.
E) qualifications of those who could vot
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

I hope this helps. Attached is the document with the answers. Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?hksf2ckunad4azp

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I GOT the ANSWERS , Thank You
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.