Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

050684011. Based on the recommendations in the Food Guide

05068401 1. Based on the recommendations in the Food Guide Pyramid, from which of the following food groups do you need six ounces per day? A. Meats C. Dairy products B. Grains D. Fruits 2. On a package label, you read the following ingredients—sugar, corn syrup, flour, yeast, etc. Which is the most abundant in this product? A. Yeast C. Sugar B. Additives D. Corn syrup 3. The _______ values for fats, sodium, carbohydrates, and fiber are calculated according to what experts deem a healthful diet for adults. A. weekly C. monthly B. daily D. yearly 4. A statement linking the nutritional profile of a food to a reduced risk of a particular disease is known as a _______ claim. A. nutrient C. health B. exchange D. nutritional 5. According to the MyPyramid food/activity guide, how many cups of dairy should an adult have daily? A. 2 C. 5 B. 3 D. 6 6. A food that has a large amount of nutrients relative to its calorie content is called A. nutrient dense. C. caloric dense. B. recommended daily allowance. D. energetic. 7. Energy from food is measured in the form of A. joules. C. calories. B. grams. D. milliliters. 8. Which of the following is not a diet-planning principle? A. Moderation C. Adequacy B. Color D. Variety 9. Meals that do not contain excessive amounts of fat would be called A. monosaturated. C. adequate. B. moderate. D. high carb. 10. Which of the following is one of the five leading causes of death linked to diet? A. Cysts C. Pneumonia B. Lyme disease D. Heart disease 11. A person’s _______ have a significant impact on his or her food choices. A. musical talents C. color preference B. social and cultural groups D. sibling relationships 12. ________ is to avoid excess amounts of unwanted constituents, such as fat, salt, or sugar. A. Adequacy C. Moderation B. Balance D. Variety 13. Is the Daily Value on a food label the same as the Dietary Reference Intake for the same nutrient? A. Yes, except for the minerals. B. No. The Dietary Reference Intake doesn’t apply to average daily intakes. C. Yes, except the Daily Value refers to the calories. D. No. The Dietary Reference Intake recommendations are for multiple groups, including children. 14. _______ is used to set the Recommended Dietary Allowance. A. Estimated Average Requirement B. Dietary Reference Intake C Estimated Energy Requirement D. Tolerable Upper Intake Level 15. Which one of the following is not contained in a food label? A. Statement of identity C. Ingredients list B. Gross quantity D. Net quantity 16. _______ list the exact number of calories, grams of fat, milligrams of sodium, and other nutrients found in commonly eaten foods. A. Food composition tables B. Tolerable Upper Intake Levels C. Ingredients lists D. Food Guide Pyramids 17. An exchange list is helpful for A. determining the fat-free percentage. B. following a calorie-controlled diet to lose weight. C. judging health claims. D. determining the Tolerable Upper Intake Level. 18. Both the RDAs and DRIs were developed for use with the assessing and planning of diets with A. healthy people. B. diabetics. C. people in Europe as well as the United States. D. 90% of the elderly population. 19. In the exchange list plan, “very lean” or “lean” are categories for A. grains. C. vegetables. B. fruits. D. meats. 20. In the Food Guide Pyramid, nuts and seeds are included in the _______ group. A. vegetable C. meat and beans B. grain D. fruit 05068500 1. _______ is found mostly in fruits, honey, and as part of another sugar. A. Fructose C. Sucrose B. Glucose D. Lactose 2. A hormone that brings down high levels of blood sugar is A. glycogen. C. diabetes. B. insulin. D. epinephrine. 3. The two major types of complex carbohydrates are A. starch and sugar. C. starch and fiber. B. sugar and fiber. D. glucose and sugar. 4. Which of the following produces the most even blood glucose response? A. Pure sugar B. Dairy products C. Fruits and vegetables D. Legumes 5. Maltose is a A. double sugar. C. fiber. B. single sugar. D. starch. 6. Carbohydrate digestion begins in the A. stomach. C. mouth. B. large intestine. D. small intestine. 7. The major sugar in milk is A. galactose. C. fructose. B. sucrose. D. lactose. 8. What class of lipids is the chief form of fat found in the body? A. Sterols C. Triglycerides B. Phospholipids D. Lignins 9. Which fatty acid is essential to the human body, but must be supplied by the diet? A. Oleic C. Lauric B. Stearic D. Linoleic 10. To adhere to the recommendations of the Dietary Guidelines, cholesterol intake should be kept at _______ milligrams. A. 200 C. 350 B. 300 D. 400 11. One of the methods used to reduce fat while preparing foods would be to A. prepare deep-fried foods with olive oil. B. use nonstick vegatable oil spray to coat pans. C. use margarine instead of butter. D. trim meat after cooking. 12. _______ is a major component of cell membranes. A. Calcium C. Fat B. Sodium D. Carbohydrate 13. The American Heart Association recommends that saturated fat and trans fat make up less than _______ percent of calories in your diet. A. one C. five B. three D. ten 14. _______ is necessary in the digestion of fats. A. Sugar C. Oil B. Bile D. Lymph 15. The element found in proteins but not in carbohydrates or fats is A. iron. C. calcium. B. carbon. D. nitrogen. 16. Which of the following is an essential amino acid? A. Cysteine C. Glycine B. Phenylalanine D. Aspartic acid 17. All enzymes are A. proteins. C. nitromins. B. carbohydrates. D. minerals. 18. The digestion of protein begins in the A. mouth. C. large intestine. B. stomach. D. small intestine. 19. For a diet to be protein-sparing, there must be sufficient calories from A. carbohydrates and fat. C. starch and fiber. B. mono- and polyunsaturated fats. D. protein and fat. 20. _______ need special attention in the diets of all vegetarians. A. Nuts and roots C. Iron and zinc B. Oils and grains D. Histamine and antigen
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)