asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience:  M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills

Two most significant environmental/geographic factors that

Two most significant environmental/geographic factors that contributed to the development or expansion of the United States.
I think you should use the invention of the car and the invention of the fabricated home ( ie: Levittown). How long does this response need to be?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It has to be 2 environmental or geographic factors. This was the only info given to me in the assigment.
Two of the most significant developments to change the environmental stability of the United States were the creation of the automobile, and the creation of pre-fabricated homes. Once the automobile was created people were able to explore parts of the country they had never seen. With such exploration came the development of roads, and thus logging. Furthermore it also promoted fossil fuel burning from the logging and from the gasoline that powered the vehicles. Once people were more mobile, they also wanted to live elsewhere. Urban sprawl certainly peaked with towns such as Levittown, where identical homes dotted entire new towns and cities. This decreased rural areas and created suburban areas, attracting lots of people, who then wanted to pursue the American Dream. Such people drove market economies, and changed how US citizens value consumerism and nature, devaluing the later. While these two creations could have had a small bearing on the environment, the sheer number of vehicles and homes, and the US citizens’ drive for ‘more’, make these two of the most significant developments to effect the environment. Please click the green button so I receive credit for my answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Environmental or geographic... as in mountains, gold, population grownth. Not man made. So not the Louisiana Ppurchase, development of automobie, railroads, etc.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.