Wiz of All
Wiz of All, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  BS
16249036

(3) Which best describes the typical commercial robbery (a)

Customer Question

(3) Which best describes the typical commercial robbery?

(a) The robbery occurs in the middle of the day
(b) The robbery is carried out by masked perpetrators
(c) The victimized store is located on a major street
(d) The Victomized store is large and busy

(6) Robbery is an opportunistic crime because it is quick, easy, and requires little planning?

(a) T
(b) F

(11) While interviewing the victim of an assault, police should ask the victim to describe both the weapon and the motive for the assault?

(a) T
(b) F

(12) What is the estimated percentage of rapes reported to police?

(a) 10%
(b) 25%
(c) 68%
(d) 40%

(13) Officer Shultz is a rape investigator who will be conducting a follow-up interview with a rape victim. Which is not recommended for Officer Shultz to do during the follow-up interview?

(a) Conduct the interview with an efficient, business-like tone
(b) Allow the victim to describe what occurred in her own words and with out interruption
(c) Explore previous relationship or prior consensual sexual relations with the offender
(d) Allow the victim a ventilation period following opening remarks

(14) Which are the basic elements of the crime of rape?

I. Penetration by penis (carnal knowledge)
II. Lack of consent
III. Forcible submission

(a) I, II
(b) I, III
(c) I, II, III
(d) II, III

(16) During the victim interview, the investigator's opening remarks should not show sympathy for the victim to avoid court challenges regarding objectiveness?

(a) T
(b) F

(17) Based on the most reliable research available, how many cases of stranger abductions occur each year in the United States?

(a) 6,000 - 10,000
(b) 500 - 700
(c) About 1000
(d) 100- 300

(19) The reponding officer in a missing child case should first interview the parents or person who made the initial report and then immediately?

(a) Request that an investigator take over the investigation
(b) Verify that the child is in fact missing
(c) Notify his or her supervisor
(d) Initiate an Amber Alert

(21) Which of the following is an element of the child abuse and neglect problem?

(a) Physical neglect of a child
(b) Reckless disregard for a child's safely
(c) Spanking a child for misbehaving
(d) Both A and B

(23) The interviewer of an abused child should conclude the interview session by complimenting the child on his or her maturity and sense of responsibility?

(a) T
(b) F

(24) Which is an accurate statement regarding the crime of burglary?

(a) Burglary is as much a crime against people as it is a crime against property
(b) The majority of burglaries are committed in commercial areas of cities
(c) The average financial loss for the crime of burglary is much lower than is the average loss in robbery cases
(d) Burglary accounted for 21.2 percent of the estimated number of property crimes committed in 2005

(1) Which is an accurate statement regarding larceny in the United States?

(a) Larceny is probably the most commonly committed crime of personal gain
(b) A dollar amount of $5000 determines the difference between simple and grand larceny
(c) Theft is a crime similar to larceny but is of a lesser degree
(d) Half of all property crimes committed in the U.S. are larcenies

(4) Perry Franks is investigating a check forging operation. Which is the logical first step in the investigation?

(a) Speaking with the teller of the bank that processed the check
(b) Interviewing the person who accepted the forged check
(c) Tracking down known bad check writers living in the community
(d) Running a check forger's description through the Duplex/BEI program

(5) Which elements must exist for the crime of embezzlement to occur?

I. Lawful possession of the stolen items at some time during the relationship
II. Trusting relationship between the thief and the victim
III. Criminal intent to steal or to convert the property to a form of possession that was contrary to the trust relationship

(a) I, II
(b) I, III
(c) II, III
(d) I, II, III

(6) According to the text, because it is a nonviolent crime, a check forger's changes of being prosecuted are low?

(a) T
(b) F

(10) Which reasons explain the difficulty in recovering stolen motorcycles?

I. Motorcycles tend to be registered by engine number rather than by frame number
II. The model designater is often omitted from registration, resulting in several motorcycles containing the same VIN
III. The nearly 30 different brands of motorcycles sold in the U.S. all use different numbering systems

(a) I, II, III
(b) II, III
(c) I, II
(d) I, III

(11) Many salvage yards do not accept parts from chop-shop operators?

(a) T
(b) F

(13) Which physical evidence in a fire indicates burning alcohol?

(a) White smoke
(b) Blue-orange smoke
(c) Green-purple smoke
(d) Black smoke

(16) Circumstantial evidence in an arson case includes an establishment of both motive and opportunity

(a) T
(b) F

(20) Parkinson's disease may result from the abuse of China White?

(a) T
(b) F
Category: Homework
Expert:  Wiz of All replied 3 years ago.

Wiz of All :

hi

Wiz of All, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: BS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank-you for answering my questions, but I didn't see your answers to the questions. Please let me know if I did anything wrong.
hi
i entered a chat session with u to ask u when is ur deadline.
Please tel me the deadline so that i post the answers
thanks.
hey, I have done 30 % of it. Please give me another 12 hrs to complete it. Please let me know if thats ok with u.

thanks.

(3) Which best describes the typical commercial robbery? (a) The robbery occurs in the middle of the day (b) The robbery is carried out by masked perpetrators (c) The victimized store is located on a major street (d) The Victomized store is large and busy

c

(6) Robbery is an opportunistic crime because it is quick, easy, and requires little planning? (a) T (b) F

T

(11) While interviewing the victim of an assault, police should ask the victim to describe both the weapon and the motive for the assault? (a) T (b) F

T

(12) What is the estimated percentage of rapes reported to police? (a) 10% (b) 25% (c) 68% (d) 40%

a (hey its different for different countries)

(13) Officer Shultz is a rape investigator who will be conducting a follow-up interview with a rape victim. Which is not recommended for Officer Shultz to do during the follow-up interview? (a) Conduct the interview with an efficient, business-like tone (b) Allow the victim to describe what occurred in her own words and with out interruption (c) Explore previous relationship or prior consensual sexual relations with the offender (d) Allow the victim a ventilation period following opening remarks

a

(14) Which are the basic elements of the crime of rape? I. Penetration by penis (carnal knowledge) II. Lack of consent III. Forcible submission (a) I, II (b) I, III (c) I, II, III (d) II, III

c
here is the link to solution

http://uploading.com/files/48caaeb8/criminal%2Blaw.rtf/

thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That will be fine, Have a Merry Christmas
Hey did you get the solution?

this is the link

Merry Christmas!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I just downloaded the file this morning, Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks again for the help with these questions, but after reviewing your answers, I did find that a few where not correct.
Which answers do you think are incorrect?

We can discuss them.
thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Question (1) Which is an accurate statement regarding larceny in the United States? you gave the answer (B) A dollar amount of $5000 determines the difference between simple and grand larceny, but in the text, Probably the most commonly committed crime of personal gain is larceny-theft so the answer (A) Larceny is probably the most commonly committed crime of personal gain

Question (4) Perry Franks is investigating a check forging operation. Which is the logical first step in the investigation? you gave the answer (A) Speaking with the teller of the bank that processed the check, but in the text, A logical first step of the forgery investigation is to interview the person who was the recipient of the bad check: the acceptor so the answer is (B) Interviewing the person who accepted the forged check

Question (6) According to the text, because it is a nonviolent crime, a check forger's chances of being prosecuted are low. you gave the answer (B) False, but in the text, criminals realize that check forgery is not lucrative, but because it is a nonviolent crime, their chances of being prosecuted are unlikely so the answer is (A) True

Question (13) Which physical evidence in a fire indicates burning alcohol? you gave the answer (A) White smoke but in the text white smoke, conversely, indicates that vegetable matter is burning, such as straw or hay. The correct answer is (B) Blue-orange flame from the text, represents burning alcohol.

Question (19) The responding officer in a missing child case should first interview the parents or person who made the initial report and than immediately? you answered (A) Request that an investigator take over the investigation, but in the text, the sixteen steps of investigation has step 2: verify that the child is in fact missing the answer is (B) verify that the child is in fact missing

1. I answered in the context that simple lacrency is under 1000 dollars and grand lacrency its upto 5000 dollars.

For answering 4,6 , 13 I used different internet sources.

19. In the book i have, the responding officer requests the investigator and the investigator verifies in the child is really missing.
thanks.

Edited by Wiz of All on 12/27/2010 at 4:45 AM EST