Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

Define KSAs (knowledge, skills, and attitudes) and explain

Define KSA’s (knowledge, skills, and attitudes) and explain the different levels of each.

Notes: Answer should contain a minimum 200 word response and references put in APA Style.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Kathy :

Hello I would like to help you with this question. When is the latest that I can send it to you?

Customer :

As soon as possible

Kathy :

ok I will send it in about two hours. Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cannot access the website for my answer. Please paste it so I can read it. Thanks
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still unable to access this website: http://www.mediafire.com/?kvz0r5297vyb7be

Can you just paste it on your reply? Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

I will post and the after a minute I will delete it so please try to copy it as fast as possible.

Knowledge Skills and Attitudes are considered part of the three domains identified in the educational styles of learning activities. Benjamin Bloom was the person who associated these to the learning process. He believed that knowledge referred to the cognitive process of mental skills. Attitude was related to the affective area that has to deal with feelings or emotions and skills the psychomotor process of manual or physical skills. These three can be seen as the goals of the learning process after a learning episode has occurred.

Knowledge involves recall or recognizing specific facts and concepts that will help develop intellectual skills or abilities. They divide themselves into 6 categories that wok their way from simple to more complex. They follow a sequence as one build off from the other: Knowledge has to do with recall of data or information, comprehension is related to understanding meaning and interpretation, application is related to applying what has been learned into a new situation, analysis focuses on separating concepts into parts so that its structure can be understood, synthesis is based on putting the pieces together to make a whole it brings out the big picture, and evaluation makes judgment about the value of ideas. Knowledge must not be considered as only obtaining information but the ability that the individual has to apply it to his work task (Clark, D. 2010).

Attitude will focus on how we deal with things emotionally like enthusiasm, motivation, values etc. It divides itself into five categories: receiving phenomena which focuses on selected attention and willingness to hear, responding to phenomena refers to the act of reacting to a particular stimulus, valuing deals with value a person attaches to a particular thing or stimuli, organization is based on selecting priorities by comparing different values and resolving differences among them, and internalizing values is focused on the value system that controls the behavior (Clark, D. 2010).

The skills process focuses on psychomotor domain including, coordination. These are skills that require practice such as speed, distance, precision etc. It divides itself into seven categories: Perception, which is based on the ability to use sensory cues to produce motor activity. Set, will be focused on the individual's ability be ready to act and it very well has to do with having a mindset. Guided response will take place as we gain the skills through imitation and trial and error since performance will be gained by practice . Mechanism, will occur as the skills become habitual and automatic. Complex overt response is observed in highly coordinated performance when proficiency is gained. Adaptation occurs after skills are mastered and they can be changed to fit the needs. Lastly, origination will be take place when new movements are created to help resolve a new situation (Clark, D. 2010). Gaining specific skills takes experience and practice which leads to automatic unconscious actions. Skills develop from following rule based actions. However, you may have the skills but if you don't have the knowledge and attitude there may be little you may achieve with the just skills in an unprecedented situation (What are Knowledge Skills and Attitudes, 2010).

In vocational education for example, we can define five specific skills: Task skills are those designed the individual to perform a specific task. Task management skills are those that require that the individual perform many different tasks for a job. Contingency management skills are based on the need to react appropriately when things go different from what we planned. Job /role environment skills are those that require that we deal with expectations of the work place and interact appropriately. Lastly, ability to transfer skills where the individual is requires transferring skills knowledge and attitudes to new situations (What are Knowledge Skills and Attitudes 2010).

References:

Clark, D (2010) Bloom'S Taxonomy of learning Domains The Three Types of Learning

http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/hrd/bloom.html

What are Knowledge Skills and Attitude? (2010)

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:jsGnan58hdIJ:www.tdiconsultancy.com.au/open_save.php%3Ffilename%3Dadmin/document/Definition%2520of%2520SKA38.doc+k nowledge+skillS+and+attitudes&hl=es&gl=ve&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjM8shrtX53dTIpEt1FM70MoZqEUhCa8N7RhMttOSrn8JO3XHu0Wsugff9NxZ7Qt4OPjwq3mzTbkOSboY7t0OHIrWdf2lT2SScQTtu6Ir2iLHNNams02KpKItrp7PO83uZzzGWX&sig=AHIEtbQk_Mlnprh3rvhUVX6GOHtOAnY6uA

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Can you please ask for this thread to be locked after you accept the answer so that it stays private?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I got it Kathy,

Too long only requested 200 words. Thanks again

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I thought it was 200 words per skill
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Do you want me to reduce it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, thanks Ms Kathy