70. A backbone network is a high-speed network that connects many networks. A) True B) False
71. Switches: A) learn addresses by reading the source and destination addresses B) operate at the physical layer only C) connect two ore more network segments that use different data link protocols D) connect two or more network segments that use different network protocols E) have become more popular than layer 2 switches
72. ____________ routers can understand different network layer protocols. A) Multiprotocol B) 3270 emulation C) ASCII/EBCDIC D) Asynchronous E) Bridge-
73. Which of the following is a fundamental backbone network architecture? A) Bridged backbone B) Virtual LAN C) Hubbed backbone D) Gatewayed backbone E) Virtual backbone
74. A __________ type of BN has a star topology with one device, such as a switch, at its center. A) Bridged backbone B) Virtual LAN C) Hubbed backbone D) Switched backbone E) Routed backbone
75. Which of the following is not true about multi-switch VLANs? A) Several switches are used to build a VLAN B) The switches in the VLAN can send packets among themselves in a way that identifies the VLAN to which the packet belongs. C) In some multi-switch VLANs, the Ethernet packet is modified based on the emerging IEEE 802.1q standard. D) In some multi-switch VLANs, a new VLAN packet encapsulates the Ethernet packet. E) All of the above are true statements.
76. Network demand will not be reduced by: A) restricting (or moving) applications such as desktop videoconferencing B) using network devices to ensure that broadcast messages do not go to other networks C) encouraging the use of applications such as medical imaging D) sending status information to all computers on all LANs in the backbone network E) restricting (or moving) applications such as multimedia
77. The _________ is the part of the backbone that connects the different backbones together. A) Access layer B) Distribution layer C) Core layer D) Privacy layer E) Switched layer
78. It appears that the use of _____ is decreasing in backbones while the use of ____ is increasing. A) WLAN, ATM B) Ethernet, ATM C) IEEE 802.1q, ATM D) ATM, Ethernet E) 10GbE, Ethernet
79. In building Wide Area Networks, many organizations do not build their own long distance communication circuits A) True B) False
80. Adoption of narrowband ISDN in North America has been: A) fast B) slow C) rapid D) non existent, since it is not offered in North America E) none of the above
81. A ________ geometric layout connects all computers in a closed loop, with each computer linked to the next usually with a series of point-to-point dedicated circuits. A) bus design B) star design C) full mesh design D) ring design E) partial mesh design
82. In a ring design WAN, A) failure in one circuit means that the network can most likely continue to function B) failure in one circuit always means that the network will cease to function C) failure in one computer always means that the network will cease to function D) failure in one circuit means that there will not be any increased traffic delays in the network E) failure in one computer always means that messages will stop at that computer since it would be impossible to re-route traffic
83. The data rate for a T-1 circuit in North America is: A) 1.544 Mbps B) 6.312 Mbps C) 44.376 Mbps D) 274.176 Mbps E) 1.544 Gbps
84. Which of the following is not a benefit of packet switched services? A) The data transmission rates tend to be lower than dial-up or dedicated circuits. B) You don't have to set up dedicated circuits between each end point from and to which you wish to transmit data and/or voice. C) You have the flexibility to send data through a temporary circuit between two connections that will be disconnected as soon as the digital transmission is completed. D) All circuits are less susceptible to a great deal of noise because they are digital. E) You don't have to specify all the interconnecting services you need for your WAN when you buy the service.
85. Which of the following is a primary advantage of a VPN? A) low cost B) inflexibility C) unpredictable traffic congestion D) security E) complexity to the user
86. Dynamic routing: A) imposes an overhead cost by increasing network traffic B) decreases performance in networks which have many possible routes C) decreases performance in networks with “bursty” traffic D) should be used in 80 to 90 percent of total networks' capacity E) is another term for static routing in WANs
87. Security on a network not only means being able to prevent a hacker from breaking into your computer but also includes being able to recover from temporary service problems or from natural disasters. A) True B) False
88. An example of _____ of data would be if a computer virus eliminated files on that computer. A) disruption
Hi!Here are the solutions.70. A) True71. A) learn addresses by reading the source and destination addresses72. A) Multiprotocol73. B) Virtual LAN74. B) Virtual LAN75. E) All of the above are true statements76. C) encouraging the use of applications such as medical imaging77. C) Core layer78. D) ATM, Ethernet79. B) False80. B) slow81. D) ring design82. B) failure in one circuit always means that the network will cease to function83. A) 1.544 Mbps84. A) The data transmission rates tend to be lower than dial-up or dedicated circuits85. A) low cost86. A) imposes an overhead cost by increasing network traffic87. A) TrueIf you need to ask additional questions, you can upload them in a single file at www.wikisend.comI hope this helps.Thanks
Thanks! Trying to upload file to http://www.wikisend.com, but I'm getting an error HTTP 500.
Here are the links. Thanks!
I combined file 2 and 3, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gq7goyvmlm29z2j