namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  M.S. Signals and Information Processing

70. A backbone network is a high-speed network that connects

70. A backbone network is a high-speed network that connects many networks. A) True B) False 71. Switches: A) learn addresses by reading the source and destination addresses B) operate at the physical layer only C) connect two ore more network segments that use different data link protocols D) connect two or more network segments that use different network protocols E) have become more popular than layer 2 switches 72. ____________ routers can understand different network layer protocols. A) Multiprotocol B) 3270 emulation C) ASCII/EBCDIC D) Asynchronous E) Bridge- 73. Which of the following is a fundamental backbone network architecture? A) Bridged backbone B) Virtual LAN C) Hubbed backbone D) Gatewayed backbone E) Virtual backbone 74. A __________ type of BN has a star topology with one device, such as a switch, at its center. A) Bridged backbone B) Virtual LAN C) Hubbed backbone D) Switched backbone E) Routed backbone 75. Which of the following is not true about multi-switch VLANs? A) Several switches are used to build a VLAN B) The switches in the VLAN can send packets among themselves in a way that identifies the VLAN to which the packet belongs. C) In some multi-switch VLANs, the Ethernet packet is modified based on the emerging IEEE 802.1q standard. D) In some multi-switch VLANs, a new VLAN packet encapsulates the Ethernet packet. E) All of the above are true statements. 76. Network demand will not be reduced by: A) restricting (or moving) applications such as desktop videoconferencing B) using network devices to ensure that broadcast messages do not go to other networks C) encouraging the use of applications such as medical imaging D) sending status information to all computers on all LANs in the backbone network E) restricting (or moving) applications such as multimedia 77. The _________ is the part of the backbone that connects the different backbones together. A) Access layer B) Distribution layer C) Core layer D) Privacy layer E) Switched layer 78. It appears that the use of _____ is decreasing in backbones while the use of ____ is increasing. A) WLAN, ATM B) Ethernet, ATM C) IEEE 802.1q, ATM D) ATM, Ethernet E) 10GbE, Ethernet 79. In building Wide Area Networks, many organizations do not build their own long distance communication circuits A) True B) False 80. Adoption of narrowband ISDN in North America has been: A) fast B) slow C) rapid D) non existent, since it is not offered in North America E) none of the above 81. A ________ geometric layout connects all computers in a closed loop, with each computer linked to the next usually with a series of point-to-point dedicated circuits. A) bus design B) star design C) full mesh design D) ring design E) partial mesh design 82. In a ring design WAN, A) failure in one circuit means that the network can most likely continue to function B) failure in one circuit always means that the network will cease to function C) failure in one computer always means that the network will cease to function D) failure in one circuit means that there will not be any increased traffic delays in the network E) failure in one computer always means that messages will stop at that computer since it would be impossible to re-route traffic 83. The data rate for a T-1 circuit in North America is: A) 1.544 Mbps B) 6.312 Mbps C) 44.376 Mbps D) 274.176 Mbps E) 1.544 Gbps 84. Which of the following is not a benefit of packet switched services? A) The data transmission rates tend to be lower than dial-up or dedicated circuits. B) You don't have to set up dedicated circuits between each end point from and to which you wish to transmit data and/or voice. C) You have the flexibility to send data through a temporary circuit between two connections that will be disconnected as soon as the digital transmission is completed. D) All circuits are less susceptible to a great deal of noise because they are digital. E) You don't have to specify all the interconnecting services you need for your WAN when you buy the service. 85. Which of the following is a primary advantage of a VPN? A) low cost B) inflexibility C) unpredictable traffic congestion D) security E) complexity to the user 86. Dynamic routing: A) imposes an overhead cost by increasing network traffic B) decreases performance in networks which have many possible routes C) decreases performance in networks with “bursty” traffic D) should be used in 80 to 90 percent of total networks' capacity E) is another term for static routing in WANs 87. Security on a network not only means being able to prevent a hacker from breaking into your computer but also includes being able to recover from temporary service problems or from natural disasters. A) True B) False 88. An example of _____ of data would be if a computer virus eliminated files on that computer. A) disruption
Category: Homework
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

Here are the solutions.

70. A) True

71. A) learn addresses by reading the source and destination addresses

72. A) Multiprotocol

73. B) Virtual LAN

74. B) Virtual LAN

75. E) All of the above are true statements

76. C) encouraging the use of applications such as medical imaging

77. C) Core layer

78. D) ATM, Ethernet

79. B) False

80. B) slow

81. D) ring design

82. B) failure in one circuit always means that the network will cease to function

83. A) 1.544 Mbps

84. A) The data transmission rates tend to be lower than dial-up or dedicated circuits

85. A) low cost

86. A) imposes an overhead cost by increasing network traffic

87. A) True

If you need to ask additional questions, you can upload them in a single file at www.wikisend.com

I hope this helps.

Thanks
namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience: M.S. Signals and Information Processing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! Trying to upload file to http://www.wikisend.com, but I'm getting an error HTTP 500.

HTTP 500

Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
You can try uploading at www.mediafire.com.

Once the file is uploaded, provide me with the download link.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do!
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

I will upload the solutions as soon as possible. (As some answers need some research :)).

Thanks
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
Hi.

The 2nd and 3rd link files are SHS files which I could not open. Can you send the questions in Word document format.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I combined file 2 and 3, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gq7goyvmlm29z2j

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Were you able to open other file?</p>
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I am working on it.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, thanks.
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
namstech, Electrical Engineer