Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)

1. Management accounting (Points 2) focuses on

1. Management accounting: (Points : 2)
focuses on estimating future revenues, costs, and other measures to forecast activities and their results.
provides information about the company as a whole.
reports information that has occurred in the past that is verifiable and reliable.
provides information that is generally available only on a quarterly or annual basis.

2. Which of the following descriptors refer to management accounting information? (Points : 2)
It is verifiable and reliable.
It is driven by rules.
It is prepared for shareholders.
It provides reasonable and timely estimates.

3. A daily report on the number of quality units assembled by each employee is information MOST useful to: (Points : 2)
a front-line assembly worker
the accounting department
the chief executive officer
the personnel department

4. The person MOST likely to use ONLY financial accounting information is a: (Points : 2)
factory shift supervisor
vice president of operations
current shareholder
department manager

5. Financial accounting: (Points : 2)
focuses on the future and includes activities such as preparing next year's operating budget
must comply with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
reports include detailed information on the various operating segments of the business such as product lines or departments
is prepared for the use of department heads and other employees

6. The person MOST likely to use management accounting information is a(n): (Points : 2)
banker evaluating a credit application
shareholder evaluating a stock investment
governmental taxing authority
assembly department supervisor

7. A staff position: (Points : 2)
related directly to the carrying out of the basic objectives of the organization.
is supportive in nature, providing service and assistance to other parts of the organization.
is superior in authority to a line position.
none of these.

8. ____________ is an example of a line position. (Points : 2)
Controller for a merchandising company
Chief financial officer of a merchandising company
Store manager for Best Buy
Human resources manager for a community college

9. For a manufacturing company, what type of position (line or staff) is each of the following?
a. Manager of a Data Processing Department
b. Manager of a Production Department

(Points : 2)
a. Staff
b. Staff
a. Staff
b. Line
a. Line
b. Staff
a. Line
b. Line

10. A plant manufactures several different products. The wages of the maintenance staff in the plant can be classified as a (an): (Points : 2)
direct cost
product cost
opportunity cost
nonmanufacturing cost

11. A __________position in an organization is directly related to the achievement of the organization's basic objectives. (Points : 2)
line
management
staff
none of these.

12. The plans of management are often expressed formally in: (Points : 2)
financial statements.
performance reports.
budgets.
ledgers.

13. One consequence of a change from a push to a properly implemented pull production system can be: (Points : 2)
an increase in work in process inventories.
an extremely difficult cultural change due to enforced idleness when demand falls below production capacity.
an increased mismatch between what is produced and what is demanded by customers.
an increase in raw materials inventories.

14. The phase of accounting concerned with providing information to managers for use in planning and controlling operations and in decision making is called: (Points : 2)
throughput time.
managerial accounting.
financial accounting.
controlling.

15. The five step framework used to guide Six Sigma improvement efforts includes all of the following EXCEPT: (Points : 2)
Analyze.
Control.
Digitize.
Measure.

16. Abel Company's manufacturing overhead is 20% of its total conversion costs. If direct labor is $38,000 and if direct materials are $47,000, the manufacturing overhead is: (Points : 2)
$152,000
$11,750
$21,250
$9,500

17. During the month of July, direct labor cost totaled $12,000 and direct labor cost was 30% of prime cost. If total manufacturing costs during July were $86,000, the manufacturing overhead was: (Points : 2)
$46,000
$40,000
$28,000
$74,000

18. Prime costs consist of: (Points : 2)
direct materials and the variable portion of manufacturing overhead.
direct labor and indirect labor.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the questions.

How much time do we have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
one hour 10 mins
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
HiCustomerbr />
I have sent you a message through management regarding your offer once you get that please let me know.

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not receive anything from your management team.. Is there a problem?
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
No it was just regarding your offer considering number of question. I am working on your question and will post the solution soon.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)