Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

Imports and exports enhance international trade

Customer Question

1.
Imports and exports enhance international trade, while creating growing opportunities for nations. Which of the following is NOT a benefit of global trade?
(Points : 5)
Inflow of new ideas.
Access to factors of productions.
Reduced risk.
Less competition.
2.
Measuring international trade and its impact on individual nations requires __________
(Points : 5)
knowledge of balance of trade.
bartering privileges.
national leaders to agree to the same measurement standards.
the total value of imports to exceed the total value of exports.
3.
Foreign _________________ is contracting with foreign suppliers to produce products usually at a fraction of the cost of domestic production.
(Points : 5)
outsourcing
importing
direct investment
market manipulation
4.
International trade provides businesses with access to new customers through
(Points : 5)
onshoring and protectionism.
outsourcing, importing, exporting, licensing, franchising, and foreign direct investment.
embargoes and licensing.
networks of global franchising organizations.
5.
_________ is buying products from overseas markets that are manufactured overseas.
(Points : 5)
Importing
Exporting
Dumping
Outsourcing
6.
Foreign _____________ involves a firm buying the rights to produce, promote, and use the domestic firm’s trademark/patents in a defined geographical area as long as there is agreement on specific operating procedures.
(Points : 5)
strategic contracting
franchising
exporting
outsourcing
7.
If trade restrictions among nations were eliminated
(Points : 5)
competition would increase, resulting in lower prices and increased choices for consumers.
the total volume of trade would decline.
all nations would experience an increase in their foreign debt.
revenues from tariffs would increase.
8.
A(n) ____________ is an agreement among two or more two companies to join forces to pursue specific opportunities without actually merging their operations.
(Points : 5)
limited venture
joint venture
acquisition
collusive alliance
9.
Language, customs, educational background, social values, and religious holidays need to be understood and respected by foreign businesses in considering
(Points : 5)
economic differences.
sociocultural differences.
political differences.
legal differences.
10.
Key infrastructure challenges to consider when entering a foreign market include
(Points : 5)
language, attitudes, and values.
laws and regulations the government creates.
transportation, communication, energy, and finance.
civil war, riots, and economic viability.
11.
A nation’s legal system
(Points : 5)
suffices as the ethical framework for a business.
provides a starting point for examining ethical standards.
always provides clear-cut guidance as to whether an action is ethical.
has little relevance to an organization’s ethical standards.
12.
A nation’s legal system provides businesses with ______________ when they establish a code of ethics.
(Points : 5)
a starting point
very little useful guidance
comprehensive guidelines
a way to distinguish between ethical issues and nonethical issues
13.
Business ethics and individual ethics differ based on the fact that
(Points : 5)
business ethics focus on profits while individual ethics focus on discretionary income.
individual ethics focus on work-life balance, while business ethics focus on staying within the legal limits of the law.
business ethics focus on the application of right and wrong in a business setting, while individual ethics are one’s personal standards of right and wrong.
individual ethics focus on personal contributions, while business ethics focus on stockholder contributions.
14.
The function of laws in the United States is to establish and enforce ____________ that apply to everyone in society.
(Points : 5)
social norms
financial norms
advanced standards
ethical norms
15.
Developing and promoting environmentally sound products and practices to gain a competitive edge is called
(Points : 5)
sustainable development.
cause-related marketing.
green marketing.
consumerism.
16.
The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
(Points : 5)
protects American consumers from fraudulent foreign business practices.
imposes penalties on foreign firms that try to bribe U.S. officials.
forbids U.S. companies from offering bribes when engaged in foreign business transactions.
clearly states that all gifts that the representatives of a firm receive abroad constitute a form of bribery.
17.
The goal of ______________ is to meet the needs of the current generation without harming the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
(Points : 5)
universal ethical standards
corporate responsibility
socially optimal pricing
sustainable development
18.
A unifying written document that articulates a firm’s ethical priorities is described as the company’s __________ .
(Points : 5)
human resources brochure.
compliance manual.
social compact.
code of ethics.
19.
Corporate _______________ is the donation of time and/or money to nonprofit organizations in an effort to support charitable causes.
(Points : 5)
responsibility
philanthropy
remuneration
marketing
20.
____________________ is the social movement supporting the consumer’s right to be informed, to be safe, to choose, and be heard.
(Points : 5)
Cause-related marketing
Consumerism
Social marketing
Customers First
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 4 years ago.
Kathy :

1. Imports and exports enhance international trade, while creating growing opportunities for nations. Which of the following is NOT a benefit of global trade? (Points : 5) Access to factors of productions.

2. Measuring international trade and its impact on individual nations requires __________ (Points : 5) knowledge of balance of trade.
3. Foreign _________________ is contracting with foreign suppliers to produce products usually at a fraction of the cost of domestic production. (Points : 5) outsourcing

4. International trade provides businesses with access to new customers through (Points : 5) outsourcing, importing, exporting, licensing, franchising, and foreign direct investment.

5. _________ is buying products from overseas markets that are manufactured overseas. (Points : 5) Importing

6. Foreign _____________ involves a firm buying the rights to produce, promote, and use the domestic firm’s trademark/patents in a defined geographical area as long as there is agreement on specific operating procedures. (Points : 5) franchising

7. If trade restrictions among nations were eliminated (Points : 5) competition would increase, resulting in lower prices and increased choices for consumers.

8. A(n) ____________ is an agreement among two or more two companies to join forces to pursue specific opportunities without actually merging their operations. (Points : 5) joint venture acquisition

9. Language, customs, educational background, social values, and religious holidays need to be understood and respected by foreign businesses in considering (Points : 5) sociocultural differences.

10. Key infrastructure challenges to consider when entering a foreign market include (Points : 5) laws and regulations the government creates. transportation, communication, energy, and finance.

11. A nation’s legal system (Points : 5) suffices as the ethical framework for a business. provides a starting point for examining ethical standards. always provides clear-cut guidance as to whether an action is ethical. has little relevance to an organization’s ethical standards.

12. A nation’s legal system provides businesses with ______________ when they establish a code of ethics. (Points : 5) a starting point very

13. Business ethics and individual ethics differ based on the fact that (Points : 5) . business ethics focus on the application of right and wrong in a business setting, while individual ethics are one’s personal standards of right and wrong.

14. The function of laws in the United States is to establish and enforce ____________ that apply to everyone in society. (Points : 5) standards ethical norms

15. Developing and promoting environmentally sound products and practices to gain a competitive edge is called (Points : 5) . green marketing. consumerism.

16. The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (Points : 5) forbids U.S. companies from offering bribes when engaged in foreign business transactions.

17. The goal of ______________ is to meet the needs of the current generation without harming the ability of future generations to meet their needs. (Points : 5) sustainable development

18. A unifying written document that articulates a firm’s ethical priorities is described as the company’s compliance manual__________ . (Points : 5)

19. Corporate philanthropy_______________ is the donation of time and/or money to nonprofit organizations in an effort to support charitable causes. (Points : 5) responsibility remuneration marketing

20. ____________________ is the social movement supporting the consumer’s right to be informed, to be safe, to choose, and be heard. (Points : 5) Consumerism