Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)

(Ignore income taxes in this problem.) Bill Anders retires

(Ignore income taxes in this problem.) Bill Anders retires in 8 years. He has $650,000 to invest and is considering a franchise for a fast-food outlet. He would have to purchase equipment costing $500,000 to equip the outlet and invest an additional $150,000 for inventories and other working capital needs. Other outlets in the fast-food chain have an annual net cash inflow of about $160,000. Mr. Anders would close the outlet in 8 years. He estimates that the equipment could be sold at that time for about 10% of its original cost. Mr. Anders' required rate of return is 16%.

Part A: What is the investment's net present value when the discount rate is 16%?

Part B: Refer to your calculations. Is this an acceptable investment? Why or why not?
Hi Customer

Thanks for requesting me. I am working on the Solution. If you need any further explanation on first one let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm good. Just have this question and 1 more then I'm done.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.